5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL BOOK!
This is a gorgeous book with amazing glossy pictures on every page.
After a visit to Santa Fe I got this book for my Mother. I thought that it would be a lovely Mother's Day gift.
There are 240 pages- and page 241 through 248 is the Santa Fe Directory.
Published on May 6, 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars review of Santa Fe Houses
Published 15 months ago by Polaris

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL BOOK!, May 6, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Santa Fe Houses (Hardcover)
This is a gorgeous book with amazing glossy pictures on every page.
There are 240 pages- and page 241 through 248 is the Santa Fe Directory.
Included in the directory are all types of companies relating to the home- and their addresses and phone numbers-such as: Adobe and Construction Companies, fireplace companies, wood product companies, decorative details, antique door companies, lighting companies, tile companies, and so on. Also in an index of Santa Fe bookshops, Santa Fe food stores, and Santa Fe plants and pots stores.
And 7 home preservation organizations are listed- with their address and phone numbers.
The chapters are divided into 4 categories: Earth, Fire, Water and Air.
In the Earth section:
Season: Summer
Place: Gardens
Rooms: Portals and Courtyards
Collecting: Garden Art
Within these categories are gorgeous photos of each type of theme. Fountains are one of the items featured in the water section.
Pictures of beautiful interior Santa Fe fireplaces are featured in the fire section, and so on.
I highly recommend this book. It is a lovely big coffee table book with incredible photos.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good referance book which also serves to inspire, April 7, 2003
Lorraine Pilon-Quast (Oakville, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Santa Fe Houses (Hardcover)
We are building a 4000 sq. foot straw bale home in Oakville, Ontario Canada in an adobe style. There is NOTHING in Ontario to act as inspiration and we must rely on our numerous trips to New Mexico and Arizona to inspire us in the design of our home. This book had some lovely photos that got our imaginations stirred so we would recommend it to others in our circumstance. A good book if you need inspiration and you're miles away from the southwest. Most of the photographs are well shot and beautiful. It is amongst the many books we've ordered from this site and is one of the biggest, thankfully.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go-to book for ideas, August 8, 2011
This review is from: Santa Fe Houses (Hardcover)
We just built a house in Santa Fe, and used this book for inspiration throughout the process. It is not a "decorator" type book, but includes many creatively adapted houses and rooms, all beautifully photographed. Some other books of this genre focus on multi-million dollar houses. This one includes historical photos and highlights some of the fun, quirky ideas that make this "The City Different." Be aware that some of the businesses and products listed may be out of date. However, the photos are not - it is still a great reference for Santa Fe style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Santa Fe Houses, June 24, 2009
This review is from: Santa Fe Houses (Hardcover)
This is an awesome book for displaying on your coffee table. The pictures are gorgeous and very colorful. Visitors in my home always enjoy looking at it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A glimpse inside, March 12, 2006
This review is from: Santa Fe Houses (Hardcover)
Wonderful. They are not all mansions, not all ethnic, just so well and individually done. I keep it on my coffee table with others in the same genre` and my guests have trouble putting it down.

Great!

5.0 out of 5 stars a great guide to southwestern interior decoration, February 1, 2011
This review is from: Santa Fe Houses (Hardcover)
i redid my whole house using this book and my sweat saved me hundreds of dollars and i love the house soooo much now..this book is a keeper

2.0 out of 5 stars review of Santa Fe Houses, August 30, 2013
This review is from: Santa Fe Houses (Hardcover)
I was looking forward to receiving this book, as I loved Mather's first book Santa Fe Style. But this 'update' was disappointingly old-fashioned. We found ourselves asking, "Who would decorate their home like that?" We live in Santa Fe, a vibrant community full of creative people who decorate with enthusiasm and flair. It would be fun for someone to capture this in photos. Unfortunately, this book falls short of this goal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Santa Fe Houses, February 6, 2008
This review is from: Santa Fe Houses (Hardcover)
Love this book - I want to live there! Thank you to all the owners for sharing your houses and homes, rooms and gardens. Beautifully photographed, a very stylish book. Recommend read from the smallest detail to grande overview plans. A pleasure to own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Decorating Ideas, November 29, 2008
kis "simplicity" (Fairfield Glade, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Santa Fe Houses (Hardcover)
Bought this book for decorating ideas, especially exterior colors, when we bought our Santa Fe bungalow. Excellent source for color and a bonus resource for southwestern decorating ideas.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a beautiful book, December 25, 2013
This review is from: Santa Fe Houses (Hardcover)
Christine Mather did a beautiful job on this book. I recommend it to anyone who loves Santa Fe and the southwest.

Santa Fe Houses
Santa Fe Houses by Christine Mather (Hardcover - April 30, 2002)
Used & New from: $15.00