Published 15 months ago by S. Gockeler

2.0 out of 5 stars Not me
This were cute in the picture but looked like big clown shoes on my feet. They were also scratchy inside and a somewhat sloppy fit so I sent them back.
Published 15 months ago by Bird13

4.0 out of 5 stars Written Especially for Folks Who Wear Half-sizes and Have Wide Feet, May 25, 2013
S. Gockeler (Rochester, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sanuk Women's Dotty Slip-On (Apparel)
I just discovered Sanuks, and these are the first pair I decided to give a try. I ordered the blue-ish color...which is practical and pretty. I can imagine wearing these with jeans and shorts and perhaps a super casual skirt. That said, I'm still deciding whether to keep the pair I just received because I need a half size, especially in these shoes. (Sanuk, are you listening to all the folks who write this?) Despite the indecision, I'm want to tell others out there reading this comment that I felt compelled to write based on the time I spent walking around inside my house yesterday with the Sanuk Dotties on, and some of the reviews here that almost stopped me from giving them a whirl. I found them to utterly lack arch support (but somehow that didn't seem to matter, and I usually wear orthopedic inserts, even in many sandals (I have a trick for that if you are interested). They have a comfortable bed and sole; and look cute (can look "dressed" without looking fussy, and I love the faded look.), and size appropriate (one reviewer wrote that these looked like clown shoes...I know everyone has their own experience and story, but I cannot imagine how anyone could think that unless they bought them five sizes too large :-) Finally, I found the material to be soft and supple but substantial enough to not look sloppy. I was on the fence, but I'm glad I decided to get them. I have ordered the next size up and may need to exchange for the larger size. For all you folks who, like me, wear a half size, and especially have wide feet, I'll report back about whether sizing up worked for me. Another reviewer recommended sizing down for half-sizers, but she probably did not have wide feet. My toes are literally touching the front of the shoe. Darn these are cute.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my Sanuk's, March 27, 2013
Val Laird Baker (Aliso Viejo, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I love these shoes just like I do the other 9 pair of Sanuk shoes I own. I've been waiting for them to make a pink shoe & was so excited when I found these. Give me more selections in pink!! Sanuk shoes wash well & are very comfortable. If you don't own a pair, you should.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super comfy, perfect for vacation!, February 23, 2013
Super comfy, can't wait to wear them with shorts. Very cute, very stylish. The colors are faded which gives them the worn look with out being used.

5.0 out of 5 stars I compared 2 sizes, June 10, 2014
Amazon Customer (NY United States) - See all my reviews
First, let me say that I am an AWFUL picky shoe person. I can't stand if a shoe has a bump inside that feels funny, I can't stand if they cut in in certain places or if my toes are scrunched. I can't wear flip flops because I just can't tolerate anything between my toes. And I buy shoes frequently that I think are going to be fine, but after wearing a little while, they just aren't quite right.

Since I am an 8 1/2, I didn't know whether to order down or up. I read so many reviews saying to order down, but then the majority of people rated it as "fit as expected"...AND since I was torn between the blue or the tan dotty - I ordered the blue in a size 9 and the tan in a size 8. I wore them inside my house for two days...switching between them. And honestly, I even flip flopped between which one felt better. The 8 felt snug, and it definitely stretched to my foot a little as I wore it...and the 9 was definitely looser "sloppier" I guess. But the more I thought about it, the more I thought that for a summer flip flop type shoe - I actually preferred looser and sloppier. They feel like slippers - whereas the 8's felt snug on my feet - not quite as casual and kind of like sneakers you could tie up snug - not uncomfortable but definitely more form fitted to my foot. Even the look of the looser size feels more casual. They don't slip off my heels - they're not "that" big - but they are definitely not snug. Since deciding on the 9's, I have worn them to take my dogs for 2 mile walks - in addition to wearing around the house and out in the yard - and they are very comfortable.

So for me, the larger size is the way to go for a casual easy-going style, but if you're looking for something that feels more snug on your foot, you'd probably be fine sizing down if you're a half size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super comfy!, May 9, 2013
These shoes are so cute and super comfy! The color is not as greenish as the photo - they are more like grayish-blue with cream polka dots. Perfect with jeans!

4.0 out of 5 stars Green color misleading...more like a "faded jeans" blue..., June 17, 2014
This review is from: Sanuk Women's Dotty Slip-On (Apparel)
Just a short review...

My daughter normally wears an 8 to a 9 in most shoes; however in this shoe, size 7 fit her best. She also has a problem with finding shoes that accommodate her bunions. These fit very well for her. Her only complaint about the shoe was that the color was not as pictured, not even close. These are not green at all, but more like a "faded jeans" blue. Other than that, she says that they are very comfortable and will work great for her. She said she would have given 5 stars if the color had been as pictured.

- Shoe runs large
- Not a green color, faded jeans color
- Fit well with bunions

4.0 out of 5 stars Sanuks, April 23, 2013
The color is not as green as the website shows, but I still like them. They're more gray in color. They are very comfortable. The yoga mat sole is comfy on the feet. I wear a 9 and the shoes seem true to size. I like them a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've been looking for these at a reasonable price for nearly a year....poof....on Amazon for less than half price., January 26, 2014
Comfortable. Lightweight. I love pink. Feel like they're already broken in. Grabbed them for a pair of "quick" shoes to throw on any old time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love sanuks, May 12, 2013
I have about 10 pairs of sanuks!! Love them all!! This pair is comfy love the polka dots!! The shoes feel like your wearing flip flops all day

5.0 out of 5 stars Love..., January 24, 2014
Love these comfy shoes and the color is perfect...Saving them for Spring and warmer weather. Would totally recommend them to anyone.

Sanuk Women's Dotty Slip-On