5.0 out of 5 stars Foot Nirvana
Published on May 11, 2012 by M. Kane

3.0 out of 5 stars Love Sanuk, but not this one
My first pair of Sanuk's were the Chiba's and I absolutely love those. These Kyoto's run small so they're not as comfortable as the Chiba. I never would've guessed that one style so similar to the other would be so different when it comes to sizing. Even after repeated wearing, they've not stretched out like I was hoping they would.
Published 22 months ago by reel_freak

5.0 out of 5 stars Foot Nirvana, May 11, 2012
This review is from: Sanuk Men's Kyoto Loafer (Shoes)
These are by far the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. This is my second pair of Sanuks and I would not hesitate to purchase more. The quality is top notch. I do however have a piece of advice about the fitment of this style. I am a spot on size 10-1/2. The first pair I bought are Sanuk Men's Pick Pocket Slip-On Shoe. After reading reviews, I purchased a size 10. After a couple days of breaking in, they fit perfectly. When I purchased the Kyotos, I also ordered a size 10. After trying them on, my toes were all but bursting through the front of the shoe. I returned that pair and ordered a size 11 and the fit perfectly. If you look at the back of the Kyoto, it angles towards the front, which prevents your heel from sliding all the way back in the shoe. That is a feature to keep in mind when ordering these. In my opinion, go bigger if you are a half size.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Ever, April 21, 2012
This review is from: Sanuk Men's Kyoto Loafer (Shoes)
My Wife and I were on vacation in the Florida Key and I seen the cool looking shoe, I'm not a flip flop guy, always been a regular sneeker person, I tried it on and wrote the name down, came home did a bit of price shopping and as always Amazon has the best deal. Great everyday shoe, I work in the medical field and I was a crocks fan, but no more this shoe looks and feels great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love Sanuk, but not this one, November 9, 2012
reel_freak (Westerville, Ohio) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite Simple Gumshoe Loafers, but not bad, May 28, 2014
This review is from: Sanuk Men's Kyoto Loafer (Shoes)
I've worn a pair of Simple® Gumshoe men's loafers for about four years, and going to buy a new pair, discovered they've been dropped. These aren't bad, they don't have the quality sole or inner padding of my previous slipper/shoes, but they seem to be holding up okay after a week of wearing them as shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, May 18, 2014
This review is from: Sanuk Men's Kyoto Loafer (Shoes)
These are the best shoes I've owned. Order a size larger than normal for sanuks. I normally wear a 10.5 or 11 but cannot wear smaller than a 12 in these.

5.0 out of 5 stars These fit perfectly., April 30, 2014
Jean Paul "freedummy" (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sanuk Men's Kyoto Loafer (Shoes)
I have found that sanuks are a little tight so I got a size bigger than I normally wear. Makes them easier to get on and off. This model is very comfortable. I like them a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Knock-Around Shoes, February 17, 2014
For Two Cents Plain (Brooklyn, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sanuk Men's Kyoto Loafer (Shoes)
Comfortable, nice design, just right for casual wear, which for me includes just about all wear. This is my second pair of Sanuk slip-ons, and I'm happy with both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sanuk are the BOMB, February 3, 2014
This review is from: Sanuk Men's Kyoto Loafer (Shoes)
I'm not a huge flip flop fan and a couple of friends turned me on to Sanuks. They are light, cool and best of all super comfy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, but they ended up hurting my feet, August 7, 2014
Geoff Lodal (Fort Collins, CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sanuk Men's Kyoto Loafer (Apparel)
I bought these because they were a great price and I've wanted a pair since they came out. They showed up, fit great, I loved them. I wore them around the house and occasionally out for a week or so before leaving on vacation to Vegas on a motorcycle. They fit the trip great, easy to tuck in a pannier and good filler material for keeping things from vibrating.

The first night we did a good bit of walking, maybe 2 miles or so, no real issues. Not too hot, comfy, all around solid. The second day was a good deal more, we walked all over, probably the better part of 8 miles. I didn't expect to do so much and likely would have changed my footwear choice if I did. Day 3 had my feet hurting badly, I have flat feet but they haven't been much of an issue outside of athletics. The pain felt like the stress fractures I would occasionally get playing lacrosse.

The next day we rode to Zion and hiked around. My feet were killing me. With my hiking boots and orthodics strapped on tight I struggled to do much more than a couple miles. The pain dulled a bit over the next week but it still hurt pretty badly by the time I got home.

I thought it might have been a fluke and have since tried the shoes a few more times. Anything more than casual wear brings the pain back so unfortunately they haven't gotten much use. I believe the issue is more with my feet than the shoes, but I am now aware that they have virtually no support. They still look and feel great for the short term, but they just won't work for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sanuks are the Best, June 19, 2014
This review is from: Sanuk Men's Kyoto Loafer (Apparel)
Great shoes. My 8th pair. I switch them up as they wear out. Comfortable light and cushy. First ones with the back pad (at heel) like that feature.

Sanuk Men's Kyoto Loafer