Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

on May 14, 2012
I originally purchased the mariner loafers because I really liked the Sanuk brand. I have purchased and worn their vagabond models for years. I have also worn sperry topsiders brand boat shoes and sebago brand boat shoes for a while as well. The vagabonds had a very good reliability factor and they are still wearable shoes just like the sperrys and sebagos, but when i wanted to branch out in the boat shoe world with the mariners, I soon found out that I had made a large mistake. These shoes, after one month, started to blow out of the heels and also near the balls of both of my feet. After two months, I was able to see my feet through the uppers of these shoes. I won't ever purchase any shoe from Sanuk that isn't a vagabond model again.

pros: comfortable and breathable upper and have a different look than most boat shoes.

cons: they only lasted a couple months before they were blown out and smelly.

Back to sperry I go....
on July 3, 2013
This is the third pair of Sanuk Mariner's that I have bought in the past three months in various colors. What can I say, they just look and feel great. Because I have three pair, I am able to spead out the wearing out of these shoes but feel like they would hold up well under normal use anyway.

These shoes do not have the cushie supportive soles of the Crock shoes or any arch support either, it is just a flat sole with standard cusion. Not to say that these are hard on your feet, but if you are going to be on your feet ALL DAY, I don't know that these would be my prefered choice for that situation. However, bumming around town or the beach, these shoes are perfect. I wear a size 10 1/2 in normal shoes but buy up to the size 11 in these shoes as they don't offer half sizes and i feel like they still fit me nicely with just a little extra room.

I've worn these with and without socks for extended periods of time, and they have yet to retain any discernible odor.
on May 14, 2013
Only time will tell if these will last, but just feeling the material they don't seem very durable. The loafer breaths, and feels light... as if I'm wearing only socks. The only thing I would change would be the width.
on May 14, 2013
I bought a pair of these shoes for about $70 last summer because I thought they were great shoes by a great brand but mine ripped in the backs in just weeks, maybe a month. I was so angry about it and I'm still upset with the brand because of that.
on April 2, 2016
Honestly, you are going to want to avoid these shoes at all costs. I'm a HUGE Sanuk fan, and this shoe holds their biggest flaw to date. It's not even the shoe model, heck I got my first pair of Mariners back in 2011 just after they discontinued them, and I had them for almost three years, was completely satisfied and received comments out the wazoo. So what's the problem? Well, the first mariners I had was a nice leather material, and even though I purchased these knowing they were made from hemp material, I did not think after only a few short weeks to a month I would see significant ripping around both the back heel and toecap. The issue is 100% the design of the hemp material. I would even go as far as to say avoid any sanuks made from hemp just to be safe, because although I've never purchased another pair made from hemp, I also was never let down again and was extremely satisfied with the last suede pair I purchased. Check out the motorboat (also discontinued but worth looking up) or the more current and very similar casa barco model. There's a reason these hemp models are still on Amazon after almost five years discontinued. No need to think this one over. Save yourself the frustration and pass.
on April 22, 2016
I should have read the reviews. The hemp comes apart in several locations, especially at the heel. Very comfortable but terrible quality. Sanuk is a greatly overpriced product considering the quality. What a shame as they are a comfortable shoe until they fall apart.
on March 3, 2015
Beautiful shoes! And so comfortable!

They unfortunately ended up fraying and falling apart at an alarming rate which is disappointing since I work in a call center. I never took them to the gym or ran in them. I simply sat in a chair and talked on the phone. And they fell off my feet in about 2 months.

They look GREAT though and I love how they look and feel casual, yet upscale, and I had plenty of folks compliment and ask about them.

I'd buy another pair in the future but I'd be more cautious and temper my expectation due to the experience I had with my first pair of Sanuks.
on October 25, 2012
Recently received my Sanuk Mariners. About sizing, I normally wear a 10 1/2. I can always order a Sperry shoe in 10 1/2 and know it will fit. Since these only come in full sizes, I ordered a 10 and it is fine. It will strech some, and I did not want it to end up too loose. Worked well for me to get a 10 instead of an 11.
They are very comfortable right out of the box.
on June 5, 2013
Bought these BOAT shoes to wear as yard slippers when taking out the trash. I've had them 1 1/2 months and the canvas top material has fell apart already. I wore them maybe 15 minutes a day.The stitching in the heal and toe have unraveled, exposing the rubber shell.These shoes are crap. This is using them as yard slippers. Imagine if you had to rely on them as BOAT shoes. These should be a $10 Walmart special, not a $65 BOAT shoe. Excellent help from Amazon customer service. Refund and return label on the way. That's why I shop Amazon!!!
on November 23, 2012
I have four different pair of Sanuks, and this is by far my least favorite. They don't breath nearly as well as other sanuks, and they fell apart after one month of continuous use. They do look pretty damn decent with a pair of jeans though. Love Sanuks, just not these.