5.0 out of 5 stars Super summer sandals
Published on May 2, 2011 by JColez

3.0 out of 5 stars 6th time not a charm
i have 5 pair of sanuks... i know, too many. if you own them u know how comfy they are.
this pair came from another vendor and did not arrive in good fashion. packaging wasn't the normal amazon box. it was simply a USPS envelope w/ no padding rolled up and taped. black canvas shoe w/ white spot on top, blemish ! ...not a good thing.
i love sanuks and the fray...
Published on September 13, 2012 by james c

5.0 out of 5 stars Super summer sandals, May 2, 2011
This review is from: Sanuk Men's Chiba Sidewalk Surfer (Apparel)
These are the ultimate slip-on alternative to flip flops, and they are more comfortable for walking longer distances (as compared to flip-flops). They are durable, extra-light, breathable, and feel very good to walk in. I wear mine comfortably without socks, and the sandlals have an anti-odor fabric which doesn't allow bacteria, or fungus to form/grow. I wore mine for a full week in Florida with hot temps and they were perfect for casual walking, and beach recreation. As for use; I walked up to a few miles at a time in them (up and down the beach), and noticed they fit snug in all the right places and around my ankles - they do not cause blisters at all. However, they fit such that your feet/toes can move around a-little inside them and which makes them breathable; and the fabric is also breathable so you feel air circulation as you walk, or sit. The soles are also flexible so they really move with your natural walking motion - they are really suprisingly comfortable to wear, and walk in. My feet are size 11, and these sandals fit as advertised - perfectly. They are a true 11. As for styling, the picture herein really doesn't do them that much justice.. They look cooler than you think; and most people don't wear them.. Mine are a worn grey finish and have some frays (which make them appear broken in). Which there is no need to break them in; they already are..

Overall, these are best served for those who want a great casual/lazy sandal who might walk further distances than desired in flip flops.. or for something different than flops. They would be great for casual boating, beach, walking, barbeque, etc.. If you're like me, and don't like wearing running shoes, or deck-style shoes during casual outings, or during vacations, if so, these are for you too. The only down-side is that they are expensive - $65. However, I feel they are worth it for the comfort, materials, and are well made. I like mine so much, I'm going to get another pair of slip-ons in a different color.. You should also note that there are cheaper versions of Sanuk sandals than these. If you like to wear flip flops try these out and you'll really appreciate and like them.

5.0 out of 5 stars SOOO Comfy, May 15, 2014
Came to work today in a very nice, yet also very tight fitting pair of shoes. It's well over 100 degree fahrenheit today, and after a few hours at my desk, my feet were so hot that I was seriously weighing the pro's and con's of taking a hacksaw and just calling it quits with my lower legs. I was glad therefore, that I had ordered these yesterday. As soon as the mail arrived, I just peeled off the sticky, welded, mess that was the shoes and socks of doom, and slipped these babies on. The instant relief was something akin to being a child and using the toilet after a seven hour car journey with no breaks. If I were on T.V. I would say these sandals helped me take my life back.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome footwear, wear them everywhere, October 11, 2010
A. Caito (Indianapolis, IN USA) - See all my reviews
these things are incredible and I defiantly recommend buying them. 2 things to note:

1 the chiba does not have holes for ventilation so your feet might get a bit toasty / sweaty - mine do
2 the bottom is made of the softer flipflop material. I've had my pair for a couple of months now and i'm starting to really wear through them pretty fast. I don't expect them to last more than a year or two if you do a moderate amount of walking.

Pros. I took a 10 mile walk wearing these on concrete and my feet didn't start to feel tired / sore until i was a few blocks from home. Perhaps more due to using different muscles in the feet as there is not as much support. Though I think my feet / posture is better wearing these!

They look great, I wear them with jeans when going to visit quite a few of my clients (IT) and haven't had any complaints - and a few complements.

I wish they'd come up with a different material for the sole that was a bit longer lasting - take a look at the rubber on ecco's - and they'd be a 5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Most comfy ever, March 31, 2010
This review is from: Sanuk Men's Chiba Sidewalk Surfer (Apparel)
Wow, these are so comfy, it's like I'm walking around in slippers but are ultra light!

They look nice and feel GREAT! Price was alright, could be cheaper, but whatever.

3.0 out of 5 stars 6th time not a charm, September 13, 2012
i love sanuks and the fray as they wear but this was unacceptable. had to pay return shipping and they wanted it returned in a box when they didnt feel the box was needed when they shipped...disappointed in vendor.will only by from amazon direct.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hubby loves these!, October 17, 2013
Claybirdie (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
He's a 10.5 so I always order an 11. I have bought him several pairs of them. If they get stinky, wash them in the sink and air dry. They are pricey but worth it since he loves them so much. Very comfy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most lightweight ones- truly like sandals, not shoes., June 7, 2014
This review is from: Sanuk Men's Chiba Sidewalk Surfer (Apparel)
My husband is really picky about the shoes - he chooses only the most comfortable- and even like this- Sanuk met his expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars pshannon4, January 2, 2012
My son loves these shoes! Product was shipped quickly and priced very reasonably. I will definatly buy them again in the future. They run true to size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Snug fit., February 18, 2014
Fits snug out of the box so allow for a break in period. About a weeks worth of wearing without socks for me. If you want more than a sandal but less than a sneaker pick up some of these. Great with jeans and shorts. I wear size 13 and ordered a 13. Like mentioned they fit tight at first especially around the heal but have broken in great after a week of constant wear with out sock.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sanuk, June 8, 2014
These are great shoes!! The only thing to remember they don't come in half sizes. I wanted a 9 1/2 had to take a 10 thinking it would be a little more room! When I got the shoes the 10 was almost too small maybe this will help the next customer! On the way I see it I wear a 9 1/2 got a 10 should have gotten 11so they run small but no one told me this! Good luck!

Sanuk Men's Chiba Sidewalk Surfer