4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, but there are a couple of drawbacks.
Published on December 1, 2010 by Mike B.

3.0 out of 5 stars Super comfortable, wears out way to easy
I have since found better kicks that do not wear out so fast. These are far to pricey for the flip flop soles that wear out like shower shoes outside. The comfort level is incredible though. I think they now make a version with a more durable sole.
Published 5 months ago by Donald J. Gardner

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, but there are a couple of drawbacks., December 1, 2010
This review is from: Sanuk Men's Hemp Sidewalk Surfer (Apparel)
I was a little skeptical of all the glowing reviews regarding these Sanuks, but when I first tried them on I was amazed at how comfortable they are. The footbed is amazing; it's like walking on air. My wife commented that when I wear them I walk differently, as though I'm barefoot. They're a little pricey, but I'm glad I made the purchase, and I wear them every chance I get. I'd love to wear them to work, but I'm a lawyer and that probably wouldn't be looked upon very favorably.

A couple of quibbles, though -- the shoes don't breathe all that well, so if I wear them a couple of days in a row they start to retain foot odor. I emailed Sanuk, and they advised me that I can put them in the washing machine on the gentle cycle. That does help with odor issues, but I would think frequent washing would shorten the shoes' life span. On a related note, I am also a little disappointed at the speed in which the soles began showing wear (I don't think that would be caused by washing). I've only been wearing the Sanuks on weekends for a couple of months now, yet the tread on the soles are already rubbed completely smooth in some spots. However, the uppers are still in great shape.

My complaints notwithstanding, I am very pleased with my Sanuks.

5.0 out of 5 stars sanuk comfort for the year round surfer, October 15, 2009
Brand Thomas (Cincinatti, OH) - See all my reviews
I recieved the hemp sanuk sidewalk surfers for my birthday in may, and here it is october and I'm still wearing them. They're snappy and comfortable. My old man even has a pair he wears as house shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome awesome awesome, December 29, 2009
Tom T. Ha (Colleyville, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sanuk Men's Hemp Sidewalk Surfer (Apparel)
Great fell, great look, just a laid back kinda style that no one else can create. When you break these guys in it's like they're not even there. You will love them. I've had them for six months and I've worn them everyday, and they still got at least 3 months left. Definitely buying another pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sanuk Hemp Sidewalk, May 15, 2012
These Sanuk Mens Hemp Sidewalk Surfer shoes are a terrific purchase. These have got to be the most comfortable shoe out there. You can wear these with jeans or shorts and they feel like slippers are on your feet. Don't buy these at the retailer, buy them on Amazon as I saved over $20.00. I would highly recommend buying these Sanuk shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sanuks, May 5, 2012
This product was a great buy. Normally, sanuks range from 55 to 60 dollars. And I was able to get them for $46. The seller is really kind and considerate. Sanuks stay true to ur actually size if you in between two sizes, go for the bigger one.

5.0 out of 5 stars "weary" comfy, January 22, 2011
yes, these are comfortable shoes. You might guess they don't go well with socks; I wear size 10, and they fit pretty snug. I like 'em.

3.0 out of 5 stars Super comfortable, wears out way to easy, April 2, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for temperate weather, February 18, 2013
There are comfortable shoes. I like to wear them with jeans with the weather isn't too cold. When I'm in shorts I prefer flip-flops.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shoes ive ever bought, August 8, 2011
These shoes are well worth the money! They look fantastic and they are literally the comfiest shoes i have ever worn, i'm definitely going to buy another pair once these become worn out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandals, July 30, 2011
HAPPY HAPPY...This is my second pair! I love them, they are the lightest 'sandals' you will ever wear. I already have a 3rd pair!

Sanuk Men's Hemp Sidewalk Surfer