4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, but there are a couple of drawbacks.
Published on December 1, 2010 by Mike B.

3.0 out of 5 stars Super comfortable, wears out way to easy
I have since found better kicks that do not wear out so fast. These are far to pricey for the flip flop soles that wear out like shower shoes outside. The comfort level is incredible though. I think they now make a version with a more durable sole.
Published 8 months ago by Donald J. Gardner

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, but there are a couple of drawbacks., December 1, 2010
This review is from: Sanuk Men's Hemp Sidewalk Surfer (Apparel)
I was a little skeptical of all the glowing reviews regarding these Sanuks, but when I first tried them on I was amazed at how comfortable they are. The footbed is amazing; it's like walking on air. My wife commented that when I wear them I walk differently, as though I'm barefoot. They're a little pricey, but I'm glad I made the purchase, and I wear them every chance I get. I'd love to wear them to work, but I'm a lawyer and that probably wouldn't be looked upon very favorably.

A couple of quibbles, though -- the shoes don't breathe all that well, so if I wear them a couple of days in a row they start to retain foot odor. I emailed Sanuk, and they advised me that I can put them in the washing machine on the gentle cycle. That does help with odor issues, but I would think frequent washing would shorten the shoes' life span. On a related note, I am also a little disappointed at the speed in which the soles began showing wear (I don't think that would be caused by washing). I've only been wearing the Sanuks on weekends for a couple of months now, yet the tread on the soles are already rubbed completely smooth in some spots. However, the uppers are still in great shape.

My complaints notwithstanding, I am very pleased with my Sanuks.

5.0 out of 5 stars sanuk comfort for the year round surfer, October 15, 2009
Brand Thomas (Cincinatti, OH) - See all my reviews
I recieved the hemp sanuk sidewalk surfers for my birthday in may, and here it is october and I'm still wearing them. They're snappy and comfortable. My old man even has a pair he wears as house shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sanuk Hemp Sidewalk, May 15, 2012
These Sanuk Mens Hemp Sidewalk Surfer shoes are a terrific purchase. These have got to be the most comfortable shoe out there. You can wear these with jeans or shorts and they feel like slippers are on your feet. Don't buy these at the retailer, buy them on Amazon as I saved over $20.00. I would highly recommend buying these Sanuk shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome awesome awesome, December 29, 2009
Tom T. Ha (Colleyville, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sanuk Men's Hemp Sidewalk Surfer (Apparel)
Great fell, great look, just a laid back kinda style that no one else can create. When you break these guys in it's like they're not even there. You will love them. I've had them for six months and I've worn them everyday, and they still got at least 3 months left. Definitely buying another pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sanuks, May 5, 2012
This product was a great buy. Normally, sanuks range from 55 to 60 dollars. And I was able to get them for $46. The seller is really kind and considerate. Sanuks stay true to ur actually size if you in between two sizes, go for the bigger one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sidewalk Surfer Salute!, May 16, 2011
I have a bad hip (bone to bone) and it is imperative that I have a very lightweight and comfortable shoe, Sanuks fill the bill in every way! I have worn the cotton canvas ones for a couple of years now, and they are so light & comfortable that regular sneakers feel heavy by comparison! These new hemp material vagabonds are softer & more comfey than the cotton! They are also quite durable & long lasting. I wear nothing else now except Nunn Bush dress shoes when the occasion requires. A note: I wear 10 1/2 normally, size 10 Sanuks fit perfectly. Treat your feet, try a pair!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, very comfortable, July 12, 2011
MATT (Clemmons, NC) - See all my reviews
love this shoe, although i did purchase another pair while i was at the beach in a more khaki color, as this olive color i find to be a bit tough to match with certain things i wear. i thought i would like the darker color better, but after having both i def like the lighter color better. comfort wise, they're great

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THESE!, April 25, 2012
Daniel Jacob (Oakland, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This is my third pair of Sanuk sandals in as many years. I'm one of those people who can be picky about shoes. These are so comfortable, I've taken to wearing them daily to work.

A note about durability: My previous two pairs didn't fall apart, nor were they defective in any way. The construction held together through daily use. But they do wear out quickly. If you're concerned about style, then these may not be for you unless you like the well-worn look. But if comfort is your main draw, stop looking and click BUY.

I still have all 3 pairs. The first pair look really badly beaten up, but they're just as comfortable as ever. I keep them for going to the pool or puttering around in the yard. When my second pair of Sanuks started to show obvious wear, I didn't wait for them to get as rough and tumble as the first. I got my Hemp - Olive pair on Monday and have been wearing them since. (But I take them off before bed, I promise!) They're so totally comfortable.

These are really good slip-ons for the barefoot enthusiast, like myself, or weekend warriors who want comfortable kicks to stuff their feet in for a quick trip to the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, comfort, and versatility...., April 8, 2014
Defiantly order a size up, and even then they are a bit tight, but after a day or two they break into a perfect fit. When you have the right size these are perfect shoes, very nice on your knees, back, and most importantly feet, if you're worried about arch support these aren't for you. These are for minimalists who want zero drop comfort, and simplicity. They're versatile because the back of the shoe easily folds down so you can just wear them like no back slippers if you want, like if you're just grabbing the mail, or taking out the trash. They're not waterproof in over 3 inches of water, probably due too the ventilation holes, but they dry quick, machine washable, the hemp is sturdy. They're the perfect shoe three out of 5 seasons, I live in Vermont so I got boots for winter and mud season. Any other question feel free to ask, I will answer, otherwise if you're looking for a comfortable, simple shoe; support the hemp industry, or have a sandal as a man this is the way to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars "weary" comfy, January 22, 2011
yes, these are comfortable shoes. You might guess they don't go well with socks; I wear size 10, and they fit pretty snug. I like 'em.

Sanuk Men's Hemp Sidewalk Surfer