Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on December 1, 2010
I was a little skeptical of all the glowing reviews regarding these Sanuks, but when I first tried them on I was amazed at how comfortable they are. The footbed is amazing; it's like walking on air. My wife commented that when I wear them I walk differently, as though I'm barefoot. They're a little pricey, but I'm glad I made the purchase, and I wear them every chance I get. I'd love to wear them to work, but I'm a lawyer and that probably wouldn't be looked upon very favorably.

A couple of quibbles, though -- the shoes don't breathe all that well, so if I wear them a couple of days in a row they start to retain foot odor. I emailed Sanuk, and they advised me that I can put them in the washing machine on the gentle cycle. That does help with odor issues, but I would think frequent washing would shorten the shoes' life span. On a related note, I am also a little disappointed at the speed in which the soles began showing wear (I don't think that would be caused by washing). I've only been wearing the Sanuks on weekends for a couple of months now, yet the tread on the soles are already rubbed completely smooth in some spots. However, the uppers are still in great shape.

My complaints notwithstanding, I am very pleased with my Sanuks.
on October 15, 2009
I recieved the hemp sanuk sidewalk surfers for my birthday in may, and here it is october and I'm still wearing them. They're snappy and comfortable. My old man even has a pair he wears as house shoes.
on April 25, 2012
This is my third pair of Sanuk sandals in as many years. I'm one of those people who can be picky about shoes. These are so comfortable, I've taken to wearing them daily to work.

A note about durability: My previous two pairs didn't fall apart, nor were they defective in any way. The construction held together through daily use. But they do wear out quickly. If you're concerned about style, then these may not be for you unless you like the well-worn look. But if comfort is your main draw, stop looking and click BUY.

I still have all 3 pairs. The first pair look really badly beaten up, but they're just as comfortable as ever. I keep them for going to the pool or puttering around in the yard. When my second pair of Sanuks started to show obvious wear, I didn't wait for them to get as rough and tumble as the first. I got my Hemp - Olive pair on Monday and have been wearing them since. (But I take them off before bed, I promise!) They're so totally comfortable.

These are really good slip-ons for the barefoot enthusiast, like myself, or weekend warriors who want comfortable kicks to stuff their feet in for a quick trip to the market.
on May 5, 2012
This product was a great buy. Normally, sanuks range from 55 to 60 dollars. And I was able to get them for $46. The seller is really kind and considerate. Sanuks stay true to ur actually size if you in between two sizes, go for the bigger one.
on April 8, 2014
Defiantly order a size up, and even then they are a bit tight, but after a day or two they break into a perfect fit. When you have the right size these are perfect shoes, very nice on your knees, back, and most importantly feet, if you're worried about arch support these aren't for you. These are for minimalists who want zero drop comfort, and simplicity. They're versatile because the back of the shoe easily folds down so you can just wear them like no back slippers if you want, like if you're just grabbing the mail, or taking out the trash. They're not waterproof in over 3 inches of water, probably due too the ventilation holes, but they dry quick, machine washable, the hemp is sturdy. They're the perfect shoe three out of 5 seasons, I live in Vermont so I got boots for winter and mud season. Any other question feel free to ask, I will answer, otherwise if you're looking for a comfortable, simple shoe; support the hemp industry, or have a sandal as a man this is the way to go.
on December 29, 2009
Great fell, great look, just a laid back kinda style that no one else can create. When you break these guys in it's like they're not even there. You will love them. I've had them for six months and I've worn them everyday, and they still got at least 3 months left. Definitely buying another pair.
on May 15, 2012
These Sanuk Mens Hemp Sidewalk Surfer shoes are a terrific purchase. These have got to be the most comfortable shoe out there. You can wear these with jeans or shorts and they feel like slippers are on your feet. Don't buy these at the retailer, buy them on Amazon as I saved over $20.00. I would highly recommend buying these Sanuk shoes.
on May 16, 2011
I have a bad hip (bone to bone) and it is imperative that I have a very lightweight and comfortable shoe, Sanuks fill the bill in every way! I have worn the cotton canvas ones for a couple of years now, and they are so light & comfortable that regular sneakers feel heavy by comparison! These new hemp material vagabonds are softer & more comfey than the cotton! They are also quite durable & long lasting. I wear nothing else now except Nunn Bush dress shoes when the occasion requires. A note: I wear 10 1/2 normally, size 10 Sanuks fit perfectly. Treat your feet, try a pair!
on July 19, 2015
I love these and will buy them again once they wear out. They're one of the most comfortable things you can put on your feet. So why is 4 stars? They don't breath well at all. I would say my feet sweat like an average guy, which means quite a bit. On a warm July day after wearing these for a few hours just out and about my feet are wet and these start get to slight uncomfortable. Taking my feet out for a minute or so solves the problem. If Sanuk could find a way to make them slightly more breathable it would be a perfect shoe for me.
I know a common complaint is the wear and tear on the soles. Although I haven't had mine for too long, just a few weeks I haven't noticed anything that would lead me to believe the soles wear quicker than any other sole. One issue may be the size of the sole, they are smaller than normal but this probably adds to the comfort level. It's a fair trade off for what these are designed for; comfort.
on March 1, 2015
This is the second pair of these exact shoes that I've bought. I like them that much. They are the most comfortable footwear I've ever owned. Sometimes I feel more comfortable in these than I do in barefeet. The only reason I replaced the last pair was a combination of small factors. The bottoms had lost a lot of their grip, they started to smell funky (on the outside, no in!), and they the backs had picked up the dye from my jeans from constantly wearing them as slip-ons. That's it. Nothing tore, stretched, or broke. Just a routine replacement of my favorite kicks. After owning these shoes for over 5 years, I've accumulated quite a few stories:

- One time I left them at a friends house and she began wearing them because they were "so nice and comfy".
- I've been stopped on the streets randomly by people asking about my shoes and where I got them.
- I've worn them with a tux and the wedding photographer made it a point to include them in the pictures.
- I've taken them hiking on rock climbing trips and lets just say I'm gad they float.

They've pretty much become a part of my identity the same way people get attached to their "Chucks". I hope they never stop making these.