Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on December 1, 2010
I was a little skeptical of all the glowing reviews regarding these Sanuks, but when I first tried them on I was amazed at how comfortable they are. The footbed is amazing; it's like walking on air. My wife commented that when I wear them I walk differently, as though I'm barefoot. They're a little pricey, but I'm glad I made the purchase, and I wear them every chance I get. I'd love to wear them to work, but I'm a lawyer and that probably wouldn't be looked upon very favorably.

A couple of quibbles, though -- the shoes don't breathe all that well, so if I wear them a couple of days in a row they start to retain foot odor. I emailed Sanuk, and they advised me that I can put them in the washing machine on the gentle cycle. That does help with odor issues, but I would think frequent washing would shorten the shoes' life span. On a related note, I am also a little disappointed at the speed in which the soles began showing wear (I don't think that would be caused by washing). I've only been wearing the Sanuks on weekends for a couple of months now, yet the tread on the soles are already rubbed completely smooth in some spots. However, the uppers are still in great shape.

My complaints notwithstanding, I am very pleased with my Sanuks.
on October 15, 2009
I recieved the hemp sanuk sidewalk surfers for my birthday in may, and here it is october and I'm still wearing them. They're snappy and comfortable. My old man even has a pair he wears as house shoes.
on April 25, 2012
This is my third pair of Sanuk sandals in as many years. I'm one of those people who can be picky about shoes. These are so comfortable, I've taken to wearing them daily to work.

A note about durability: My previous two pairs didn't fall apart, nor were they defective in any way. The construction held together through daily use. But they do wear out quickly. If you're concerned about style, then these may not be for you unless you like the well-worn look. But if comfort is your main draw, stop looking and click BUY.

I still have all 3 pairs. The first pair look really badly beaten up, but they're just as comfortable as ever. I keep them for going to the pool or puttering around in the yard. When my second pair of Sanuks started to show obvious wear, I didn't wait for them to get as rough and tumble as the first. I got my Hemp - Olive pair on Monday and have been wearing them since. (But I take them off before bed, I promise!) They're so totally comfortable.

These are really good slip-ons for the barefoot enthusiast, like myself, or weekend warriors who want comfortable kicks to stuff their feet in for a quick trip to the market.
on April 8, 2014
Defiantly order a size up, and even then they are a bit tight, but after a day or two they break into a perfect fit. When you have the right size these are perfect shoes, very nice on your knees, back, and most importantly feet, if you're worried about arch support these aren't for you. These are for minimalists who want zero drop comfort, and simplicity. They're versatile because the back of the shoe easily folds down so you can just wear them like no back slippers if you want, like if you're just grabbing the mail, or taking out the trash. They're not waterproof in over 3 inches of water, probably due too the ventilation holes, but they dry quick, machine washable, the hemp is sturdy. They're the perfect shoe three out of 5 seasons, I live in Vermont so I got boots for winter and mud season. Any other question feel free to ask, I will answer, otherwise if you're looking for a comfortable, simple shoe; support the hemp industry, or have a sandal as a man this is the way to go.
on December 29, 2009
Great fell, great look, just a laid back kinda style that no one else can create. When you break these guys in it's like they're not even there. You will love them. I've had them for six months and I've worn them everyday, and they still got at least 3 months left. Definitely buying another pair.
on May 15, 2012
These Sanuk Mens Hemp Sidewalk Surfer shoes are a terrific purchase. These have got to be the most comfortable shoe out there. You can wear these with jeans or shorts and they feel like slippers are on your feet. Don't buy these at the retailer, buy them on Amazon as I saved over $20.00. I would highly recommend buying these Sanuk shoes.
on May 5, 2012
This product was a great buy. Normally, sanuks range from 55 to 60 dollars. And I was able to get them for $46. The seller is really kind and considerate. Sanuks stay true to ur actually size if you in between two sizes, go for the bigger one.
on March 1, 2015
This is the second pair of these exact shoes that I've bought. I like them that much. They are the most comfortable footwear I've ever owned. Sometimes I feel more comfortable in these than I do in barefeet. The only reason I replaced the last pair was a combination of small factors. The bottoms had lost a lot of their grip, they started to smell funky (on the outside, no in!), and they the backs had picked up the dye from my jeans from constantly wearing them as slip-ons. That's it. Nothing tore, stretched, or broke. Just a routine replacement of my favorite kicks. After owning these shoes for over 5 years, I've accumulated quite a few stories:

- One time I left them at a friends house and she began wearing them because they were "so nice and comfy".
- I've been stopped on the streets randomly by people asking about my shoes and where I got them.
- I've worn them with a tux and the wedding photographer made it a point to include them in the pictures.
- I've taken them hiking on rock climbing trips and lets just say I'm gad they float.

They've pretty much become a part of my identity the same way people get attached to their "Chucks". I hope they never stop making these.
on April 13, 2014
I have some vintage Sanuks I bought years ago and loved, loved loved!! (they would be 5 star shoes) So I was looking to replace them. Sad to say that model is gone, So I tried three other models, The Donnys B & T sidewalk surfer and the Donny Chill were both disappointments..I did not like the fit, did not feel true to size and the toe box was very tight on both of those..So they were returned.

However these Hemps are just right. I have now had my first two pairs around a year and they have held up well (In fact I am back here ordering more during a sale). One pair I wear outside only, mostly in summer without socks and one pair I use as basically slippers/house shoes with socks, The second pair have been worn pretty much nightly and are just now loosing there "oomph" so to speak. I have olive and stone..both look good but stone does show dirt easily as expected. I have not tried to wash them, been told you can. I just use the lighter stone ones as the house shoes.

I see another style of Donny's that are tempting not sure about those but I can definitely endorse the Hemp model!!

UPDATE: I ordered more recently during a sale and tried them all on and they might be getting smaller, something is definitely different in the toe area. I was curious after reading some other reviews and tried the new ones on and I do notice some change...It use to be a great shoe, it is a very comfy shoe but there is definitely some quality control/sizing integrity issues going on here lately..also now making me wonder about the recent price drop, is there a connection?
on June 26, 2015
A little on the large size (no half-sizes). These shoes have a kind-of tattered look with the exposed, frayed seams. I trimmed them up with a pair of scissors - a little too ratty for my taste. But they are quite comfortable and best of all, machine washable. They pick up 'foot funk' pretty fast, but as I said, they are machine washable. The soles have worn away really fast, al the way through the first layer in less than a month. Regardless, when these are worn out I'm pretty sure I'll get another pair.