5.0 out of 5 stars Love these shoes
Published on September 7, 2010 by Lillian

2.0 out of 5 stars Ordered the size I always have worn.
Ordered a size 13. I have owned four other pairs of these Sandals. This pair is too small. The bummer is I put them on and wore them to get the mail thinking as I was walking that these seem a bit tight. Turns out the shoes were size 13 US but 46 EU. I immediately looked at all my other Sanuks. They were size 13 US but 47 EU. Now I'm bummed I'm stuck with shoes too small...
Published 4 months ago by Ocean Zen

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these shoes, September 7, 2010
This review is from: Sanuk Men's Pick Pocket Slip-On Shoe (Apparel)
I never use to be that picky over my footwear, but I've come to abhor most modern shoes with their unnatural shape, (I mean come on, I don't have pointed feet and don't know anyone else who does).So, when looking for a new pair of shoes for work, I decided to opt for something besides my usual sneakers. These were just what I was looking for. No longer do my toes have to be squished inside of some pointy toe sneaker, with my heel artificially jacked an inch or more off the ground. They can move more like they were meant to, with room to wiggle. These shoes are extremely comfortable and not too casual, so I can wear them at work. They have enough padding to be comfortable, but not so much that you have no sensation of what's under your foot. I would highly recommend them for anyone who likes to walk and stand closer to what nature intended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Size runs big, February 24, 2012
This review is from: Sanuk Men's Pick Pocket Slip-On Shoe (Apparel)
I love the sandals, feel good for around the house and beach. They run big and if you get the wrong size you're out $5 and few days for the replacement. I'm generally a size 11 but a 10 in these guys. I recommend them but wouldn't get them here, find a real store and try them on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'Em, May 1, 2014
Normally wear a size 11.5. Ordered a 12. Others say they stretch out with use, but mine fit great right now. Very comfortable sandal. Hope they last a few summers.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Pair of Shoes! - Especially for travelers, November 26, 2014
When I bought these, I felt as though I was taking a shot in the dark on whether or not I'd like them or how well they'd fit. I had never tried them on before and it's a good thing I hadn't, because if I had, I would have definitely paid full price at whatever store I found them at. These shoes are ridiculously comfortable! They are extremely lightweight, yet they feel both soft and durable. Quite the paradox. They appear to be really well made. Sadly, Amazon has placed a cap at 5 stars for these shoes, which doesn't do them justice, so I'll elaborate below.

I purchased these on a whim to see if they might work as a pair of casual shoes for backpacking around the world. I pack extremely lightweight when I travel. I only carry a 45L backpack (carry-on sized) with me. So for me, luggage real estate is highly valued and respected. I'll definitely be making room for these in my backpack for my upcoming trip.

The fit:
I normally wear a size 12-13, depending on the brand. My foot measures about a 12.5. I decided to try these in a size 12 and I'd say they fit me perfectly. I also wear a 12 in Nike's and a 13 in DC's. Hopefully that helps some of you figure out what size to order. Also, my heel doesn't slip, which was a nice surprise for this style of shoe.

A couple of things worth pointing out:
1 - I think I figured out why these are called the "Pick Pocket" shoes (I imagine they market this...?). They have a pocket in the tongue that you could use to store emergency cash in case you get pick-pocketed. If you look closely at the tongue, there's a pocket just above the green tab, between that part of the fabric and the part just above it. It runs down the top of the toes. It's probably more accurate to say that the tongue itself doubles as a pocket. But you can't feel anything "pocket-like". It's just the natural tongue of the shoe. This is a great asset for anyone traveling.
2 - On the inner side of the pair I received (Nov 2014), there are two sets of eyelets instead of just the one set shown in the Amazon photos. I've uploaded two photos: one that shows the eyelets and another that shows the tongue doubling as a pocket.
3 - Perhaps my favorite thing about these shoes is that the fabric can be pressed down flat and they are just as thin as a pair of flip flops. These would pack extremely well, which comes in handy if you're traveling. Plus, you could wear them in the office with a pair of khakis or jeans and still look nice. They're casual, but not too casual.

I feel as though I've stumbled across the perfect pair of shoes. I'm contemplating becoming a hoarder and buying up a baker's dozen of these! OK, not really... but they're that great. I probably will purchase another pair though, just a different color.

If you're a backpacker that's looking for something packable, lightweight, comfortable, and appropriate for social events (come on... you know those hiking shoes/trailrunners you have on are ugly, just admit it), then you can't find make a better choice. These are the perfect shoe for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for summer, September 7, 2009
This is a great shoe for great weather. It even has a pocket on top of the shoe to keep a few bucks in when your board short's pocket is full. Very comfortable and very lightweight. Even has a few grommeted vent holes on the sides for ventilation. Can be worn with back support up or down, for that easy-on, easy-off effect. Great product, would recommend to anyone, man or woman.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, May 14, 2009
Scott Ox. (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Can't wait to get the black version of these as well. Very comfortable, light, and I can wear them to work or when I'm just kicking it at home. Everyone should try a pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this shoe, May 18, 2011
Very comfortable shoe. I have found Sanuk shoes to run small but this shoe runs true to size. Would definitely recommend this shoe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dog ate my sandals, December 12, 2012
Aaron Fraser (SAn Jose, ca United States) - See all my reviews
My dog loves leather. So when she ate my third pair of expensive sandals I decided to get with the crowd and get some Sanuks. They are comfy and even warm (compared to sandals).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoes, September 16, 2011
Amaramar (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
I don't like all Sanuks, but I do love the ones that I like. These fall into that category.
They are stylish, well made, light, pack down well for travel and have good ventilation (very important).
They also look smarter than you might think. I mean, I'd never where them at the office or with clients during the day, but definitely with work colleagues in the evening. Oh, and you can usually just wash them in the washer on delicate cycle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Fan of the Sidewalk Surfer by Sanuk, July 7, 2009
I saw these in a catalog and went right to Amazon to see if they sold them. These sandals/shoes are so light and comfortable and they are made well. I've worn them with shorts and jeans and am definitely buying another pair of the Sanuk brand.

Buy them and enjoy them and if you don't like them, mail them to me.

Sanuk Men's Pick Pocket Slip-On Shoe