Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on November 26, 2014
When I bought these, I felt as though I was taking a shot in the dark on whether or not I'd like them or how well they'd fit. I had never tried them on before and it's a good thing I hadn't, because if I had, I would have definitely paid full price at whatever store I found them at. These shoes are ridiculously comfortable! They are extremely lightweight, yet they feel both soft and durable. Quite the paradox. They appear to be really well made. Sadly, Amazon has placed a cap at 5 stars for these shoes, which doesn't do them justice, so I'll elaborate below.

I purchased these on a whim to see if they might work as a pair of casual shoes for backpacking around the world. I pack extremely lightweight when I travel. I only carry a 45L backpack (carry-on sized) with me. So for me, luggage real estate is highly valued and respected. I'll definitely be making room for these in my backpack for my upcoming trip.

The fit:
I normally wear a size 12-13, depending on the brand. My foot measures about a 12.5. I decided to try these in a size 12 and I'd say they fit me perfectly. I also wear a 12 in Nike's and a 13 in DC's. Hopefully that helps some of you figure out what size to order. Also, my heel doesn't slip, which was a nice surprise for this style of shoe.

A couple of things worth pointing out:
1 - I think I figured out why these are called the "Pick Pocket" shoes (I imagine they market this...?). They have a pocket in the tongue that you could use to store emergency cash in case you get pick-pocketed. If you look closely at the tongue, there's a pocket just above the green tab, between that part of the fabric and the part just above it. It runs down the top of the toes. It's probably more accurate to say that the tongue itself doubles as a pocket. But you can't feel anything "pocket-like". It's just the natural tongue of the shoe. This is a great asset for anyone traveling.
2 - On the inner side of the pair I received (Nov 2014), there are two sets of eyelets instead of just the one set shown in the Amazon photos. I've uploaded two photos: one that shows the eyelets and another that shows the tongue doubling as a pocket.
3 - Perhaps my favorite thing about these shoes is that the fabric can be pressed down flat and they are just as thin as a pair of flip flops. These would pack extremely well, which comes in handy if you're traveling. Plus, you could wear them in the office with a pair of khakis or jeans and still look nice. They're casual, but not too casual.

I feel as though I've stumbled across the perfect pair of shoes. I'm contemplating becoming a hoarder and buying up a baker's dozen of these! OK, not really... but they're that great. I probably will purchase another pair though, just a different color.

If you're a backpacker that's looking for something packable, lightweight, comfortable, and appropriate for social events (come on... you know those hiking shoes/trailrunners you have on are ugly, just admit it), then you can't find make a better choice. These are the perfect shoe for you.
review image review image
on February 24, 2012
I love the sandals, feel good for around the house and beach. They run big and if you get the wrong size you're out $5 and few days for the replacement. I'm generally a size 11 but a 10 in these guys. I recommend them but wouldn't get them here, find a real store and try them on.
on September 7, 2010
I never use to be that picky over my footwear, but I've come to abhor most modern shoes with their unnatural shape, (I mean come on, I don't have pointed feet and don't know anyone else who does).So, when looking for a new pair of shoes for work, I decided to opt for something besides my usual sneakers. These were just what I was looking for. No longer do my toes have to be squished inside of some pointy toe sneaker, with my heel artificially jacked an inch or more off the ground. They can move more like they were meant to, with room to wiggle. These shoes are extremely comfortable and not too casual, so I can wear them at work. They have enough padding to be comfortable, but not so much that you have no sensation of what's under your foot. I would highly recommend them for anyone who likes to walk and stand closer to what nature intended.
on August 13, 2015
These are my 4th pair of Sanuk, all of which have been amazing and incredibly comfortable on my feet. They dont really provide any arch support, but these really arent meant for that. They're great for chillin at home, walking around town, or even wearing to the office on a casual day. One pair (the Hemp shoe) I own I ordered in a size 12 (what I normally wear) and the Sanuks fit a little too big. Perfect in the toe area but they slip off the heel a bit. Another pair I have is also a 12 but I wear with socks (the Motorboat sidwalk surfer) and they fit just right. The other 2 pair I have (the Vegabond and the Pickpocket) I got a size 11 in because of how stretchy the material is. So the first couple days they are/were tight in the toe area but were like wearing a marshmallow wrapped in a cloud and topped off with unicorn hair. Basically they are the best shoes I've ever owned.

I would recommend going down a size when you order these, unless you're at the higher end of your size (so if you wear a 12 or sometimes a 13 order a 12, but if you consistently wear a 12 then order an 11). Or go to a store and try on a couple pair to see how they feel. I perosnally like them to be a bit more snug. Whatever makes your meat loaf!
on September 7, 2009
This is a great shoe for great weather. It even has a pocket on top of the shoe to keep a few bucks in when your board short's pocket is full. Very comfortable and very lightweight. Even has a few grommeted vent holes on the sides for ventilation. Can be worn with back support up or down, for that easy-on, easy-off effect. Great product, would recommend to anyone, man or woman.
on November 26, 2015
They work. I bought these to replace my beloved Santa Cruz loafers from Croc since they look very similar at half the price. I ordered my usually Croc shoe size and was a little disappointed when they were tight. I will not be able to wear these with a sock. I'm hoping they will stretch over time. They look just like the picture and seem to be well made.
on December 23, 2015
The shoes feel like heavenly clouds on the soles of your feet! The soles of the shoes are made from yoga mat material and provide comfort you rarely find in this type of shoe.

This shoe does not come in half sizes and when you first put them on they may feel a little snug on your foot. That is how the shoes intended to fit initially because as you wear them they will conform to your feet and fit like a glove. The shoes themselves are lightweight and the fabric does not rub my foot in any spots. I have a little higher arch and I find this brand of shoe and sandal to be one of the most comfortable on the market.

I have own multiple pairs of the shoe in this brand, and will continue to purchase them for years to come. I find it hard to find a stylish shoe and not have to give up comfort. I truly believe that anyone who purchases the shoe will become a repeat customer.
on January 16, 2016
My husband has the widest feet i have ever seen on a human. They're more like paddles than feet. So you can imagine how rough he is on shoes. That said, these shoes are good for him. The cloth makes them flexible and the rubber soles make them comfy. He doesn't have much of an arch and the support the insoles have is just right for him. We walked all over town on a vacation recently and he said his feet never hurt and that, my friends, is saying something. The only reason he says these shoes aren't 5 stars is because the first time he gets them wet they'll be toast - but I'm not so sure. They seem pretty sturdy to me, but I'm not the one whose feet are in them. I'll update this review at some point in the future. For now we love them. It's tough to find shoes that will fit a guy with duck-like tootsies.
on August 13, 2015
I thought they looked awkward the first time I seen them in a store but I'm sure glad I tried them. I love these shoes. Lightweight. Comfortable. Breath well. And they don't stink if you go without socks, which is the only way to wear them. My first pair lasted about a year before the fabric around the toe separated on one of them. My second pair are still going strong and I mainly do yard work in them. Just received my third pair to replace the first set. As long as they are making them, I'll be buying them. You will not regret your purchase.
on August 3, 2015
I have never been into wearing shoes without socks but I see o many people wearing this shoe that I decided to give them a try. I am really glad that I did. I can wear them all day and not get tired at all. I am 79 years old an set in my ways but I am glad I purchased these shoes. The SANUKS are really good quality shoes