Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 16, 2012
As a young working professional I find it difficult to accept the contemporary "youthful" style of most leisure items, particularly shoes. I am not a "skater" or a "boy" for that matter, nor do I want something flashy. Sanuk has hit upon a very nice contemporary design that is not overly plain or poorly constructed while maintaining a youthful functionality and appearance.

The price seems kind of high until you break them in for a week, they really are one of the most convenient and comfortable pairs of shoes I have ever owned. Tangentially they are now my go-to alternative to my old Birkenstocks, which have been retired to the trash. I'm not sure how well the antimicrobial foam treatment will stand up over time, but they lasted really well for one summer and I can't see them breaking down any time soon, unlike the cork bed of Birks which tends to develop an inhospitable funk.

Also as others have said these run a little small, I usually run 11 and had to swap them out for 12. These were sold from "Surf & Dirt" and their customer service is worth mentioning as very high quality.
on March 24, 2012
Got these as a gift from my sons. I usually wear 10.5, these were 10, but they fit terrifically because they stretch a little since they are made of canvas. Highly recommended. Most comfortable sandal or shoe I have ever had. Look great for casual dinners in warm climate of which I live in. Great as a gift or buy your self a pair.
on April 19, 2012
Ordered these about a month ago, and I am a fan. The shoes are very comfortable, and are a nice, casual summer alternative to a flip flop or sandal. They are a bit warm, but that was expected, as they are basically an enclosed flip flop of sorts. They do have the vents on both sides, and that definitely does help. My feet don't get sweaty in them, just warm.

As far as fit is concerned, I would say they are true to size and will stretch a bit. I am a 10.5 and ordered an 11, and they are a bit big after they stretched (big as in roomy, but still fit snuggly at the opening), but not too bad. I could probably have ordered a 10 and been good with that as well after the stretch out period.

The one true negative I have is that the fabric stains quite easily. It can be cleaned, but if something is going to leave a stain, it will. Spilt a spot of ketchup on the side of one, cleaned it almost immediately, but it still left a small stain.

12/2013 Update: I had to remove a star from my original review. These shoes are, honestly, not worth the price. First, the apparent "anti-microbial" treatment does nothing to help the odor that builds up in these enclosed shoes. Found myself using Goldbond powder in them just to absorb some odor, even after just a few months of owning them. Second, the sole of these shoes, basically being foam flip-flop material, wear down quickly. By the end of the summer of 2012, the pattern on the bottom was already worn flat on the heel and ball of the foot (after wearing them sporadically, maybe 2-3 times per week with light walking). I kept them and wore them a bit this past summer as well, but predominantly stuck with flip-flops as my go-to footwear. Even with the limited use, they wore even further and have been trashed. In short, it was $60+ for glorified flip-flops that didn't even last two seasons. Won't be purchasing Sanuks again in the near future.
on September 13, 2007
Shoes are just as advertised, like a sandal but looks like a cool casual shoe. I normally wear size 8 but I went with size 9's as I wanted plenty of room and the way the heel angles in holds your foot in place.
on December 11, 2014
I bought these for my 15 year old son who has a size 12 foot. He wanted these because his friends said they were so comfortable and he agreed after getting them. They are very similar to a house shoe style so they should be comfortable, but they are very popular with the teen age group currently. I like them because since they are fabric, they do not have to allow extra room at the toe end to be comfortable so they fit his size 12 foot (which often look like skis in shoes) without looking so long. He has worn them almost daily for a couple of months now and they are holding up pretty well.
on December 1, 2014
My husband got these for Christmas. We had to return them due to the size running small. He loved them but they started falling apart during the summer and he did not wear them daily. Amazon was great and refunded our money but my advice-buy something of better quality! His Sketchers that he's had for almost 4 yrs are still going strong! See pics
review image review image review image
on December 12, 2013
Bought as a gift for my dad. Ran small and had to return for a larger size but return was easy and fast.
on May 2, 2015
I love these loafer/sandals! As I state in the 'headline,' they are 'funky and wonderful!' Fit is perfect and the quality is really a great surprise as they are really well made. Seeing them on the screen (internet) does not do them justice. I can't wait to get them broken in (not that they need it for comfort) so that the true tattered, but in a good way -- looks will begin to become a sign of 'old friends!' Good shoe, great people to buy from and super-fast delivery! And, price point was not bad! Two Thumbs up, all the way! Thanks! W>
on February 5, 2010
These shoes are incredibly comfortable- they get more and more comfortable the more you wear them.
Do not return them if they are slightly tight as they do stretch and conform to the shape of your foot.
My toes touched the end when I got them, but now they are perfect.
You can throw them in the washing machine and dry them afterwords and they will be tight, but after 15 minutes they stretch right back to the heavenly comfort that you had before- just sweet smelling after the wash.
on October 12, 2015
These are my favorite shoes to wear on a daily basis. Sanuk has really found an amazing material with whatever they use for the foam bottom. I wear these all day every day during the summer (when not at work) and they take FOREVER to wear out and never smell. I had my last pair for almost 5 years before I finally wore a hole through them. When they get dirty I just throw them in the wash, good as new. When my wife and I take a long walk at night (1 hour+) I usually throw these on too. So comfortable, the best!