Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mary Carpenter Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on June 22, 2012
I have been a long time fan of the original yoga mat flip flops. I literally live in them. But I wanted something with a little heel and thought these looked cute. But after reading the reviews that they run small, I put off buying them for a few months now since I have a medium to slightly wide foot I was worried about sizing and having to return them if they didn't fit. But finally decided to go for it. I wear a 9 so I bought a 9. And they fit perfectly!!! True to size and more comfortable then I had dared hope for. I literally forget I'm wearing a wedge sandal and feel like I'm just wearing the regular flat flip flops. And this is coming from a girl with a metatarsal injury from years of dance, which makes it very painful to wear heels for any length of time. So these are a god send. I love them! About to order one in every color!!
on August 12, 2015
Soooo disappointed. They sounded perfect. I have loved Sanuk yoga mat flip flops for a couple years now and have several pairs. Got these out of the box while I was actually wearing a pair of my flat/original sanuk yoga mat flip flops. They came out of the box looking really tiny - like a little girl's play dress-up shoes! I could already tell that they were way narrow, and way short. They have a whole different skinnier, curvier, slantier footbed shape than any of my other sanuk shoes - all size 8, as was this new pair I ordered. In a fitted shoe, I am a true 7.5M, but in these whole-size flip-flops, I've ordered all 8's. Just out of curiosity, I held these shoes sole-to-sole with the sanuks I was wearing. They are more than an inch narrower the whole way from the heel thru the arch, and 7/8 inch shorter in the length. The front of the shoe is less rounded and more sharply slanted across the toe area. I tried to put my feet in them (and DID), but they were neither comfortable NOR attractive. My feet looked like those of Cinderella's huge stepsister -- wedged in and spilling out of the glass slippers. SUCH a bummer. Will return... Given the shape of these, not even another whole size up would help. I'm sticking with the yoga mat flat flops. (Photo taken with both soles aligned on the inside.)
review image
on April 9, 2012
I found a pair of the flat Sanuk Yoga Mat Flip Flops at my local DSW and fell in love. Extremely comfortable. I saw these on Amazon and they are the same material. Although I can fit into them, these platform/wedge ones do run on the smaller and tighter side. I had the 9 in the regular flip flops but the size 9 for these are slimmer and shorter. If you have a wider foot, I would order at least one size up.
on March 23, 2015
I'm a huge sanuk, I own several pairs of the yoga mat flip flops.
I decided to get the wedge to have a sandal to wear with skirts so I wasn't always so casual.
They aren't dressy by any means, but are a step up from the flat flip flops.
Very comfortable :) If you have never tried them out, you should. Zero break in period!
on August 4, 2015
These shoes are comfortable and do feel just like walking on yoga mats. Unfortunately, I wore them one day around the house for a few hours and the middle toe piece came off making them unusable. It looks like the sewing was off-center or it was a manufacturing issue. I tried to return them but I bought them on "Prime Day" so it would cost me more to replace them than what I spent on the original pain. It is unfortunate that they didn't hold up because they seemed comfortable.
on January 9, 2016
I've had these flip flops for about 6 months now and they have been my favorite thing to wear since day one. There's minor wear and tear now but it's still in great condition. The only downside is that in the past month, the Y-shaped strap has become slightly worn out and I twisted my ankle a few times. But considering that I have been wearing these on a daily basis as my primary footwear of choice, I feel like it has done me well and I wouldn't mind buying a replacement.

However, they do run slightly small and I was fortunate that I was able to try on a pair at one of their retail stores before purchasing it on Amazon. I usually wear size 7.5 but I wear a size 8 for these. It is also a bit narrow which is great for me because I have narrow feet and most footwear run to wide for me.

So yes! I would definitely recommend the Sanuk Women's Yoga Mat Wedge Flip Flop's as long as you keep in mind that they run a bit small and are made for narrow feet. When I wear them, I feel like I'm standing on a very high-quality, cushioned yoga mat. I wear them with almost everything because they pare so well with both jeans and casual dresses. Why should we suffer for beauty when we don't need to?

Product Update: March 27, 2016

I just purchased another pair and I couldn't be any happier. The shipping speed and product packaging exceeded my expectations.

I must say that I prefer the all black flip-flops versus the black wedge and white Y-straps. However, the prices of the variety are unpredictable and I usually buy the more affordable of the three.
on March 11, 2016
The wife really likes these flip flops. She finds them easy to wear for long periods of time without much fatigue. They are simple but nice enough to wear for most things.

The one thing I don't really care for in my experience with similar mens flip flops from Sanuk, is the spongy material used. If they get wet, they do feel like soggy sponges on your feet. Considered taking a star away but my wife has no issues with them. I should point out that you might consider getting one size bigger than you would normally get as the first pair we ordered were just a little too small. Also, the dog likes to chew on these which is why we bought another pair in the first place.

Other than the minor gripes, these have proven to be comfortable at an affordable price point and my wife recommends them.
on August 3, 2015
These shoes are almost unwearable. I first ordered a size 8 US, same size I've been wearing my whole adult life, but I had to return them because they where so small I could barely get my foot it, the top straps where way too tight. Got size 9's and although the length and width are better, the straps are STILL too small, making these the most uncomfortable flip flops I've ever owned. Would not recommend.
on November 27, 2015
I bought my first pair of Sanuk Yoga Spree thongs last summer when I was in a panic due to a broken strap on a different brand of sandals. I ducked into the nearest shop and grabbed a pair of Sanuks because they felt good and the price was right. Then I kept wearing them and wearing them and wearing them. When the weather warmed up enough this spring to wear sandals, they were the first pair that I put on. I decided to grab a second pair in a different color and picked them up here on Amazon.

If you need lots of arch support to feel comfortable, this may not be the flip-flop for you, but I find that the yoga mat footbed has enough give to provide a decent degree of support and nice cushioning. I like the slim straps, which make them feminine enough to wear with casual skirt. And even though the straps are slim, the sandals are well-made and feel very sturdy. They are a bit addictive, because I'm sure I will buy another pair before summer's end!. I gave this pair to my mom and she wore them for a week in Hawaii and the rest of the summer. They still look new.
on July 24, 2014
These sandals are perfect for what I wanted - a waterproof, mold-proof sandal with a bit of a wedge. These are what passes for "dress-up shoes" when you live in the tropics! :-) The sandals are quite comfy and fit well, but the look is definitely casual. The toes are also more pointy than I expected. They appear well-made, as are most Sanuk products. Will keep these, and keep on looking for a nicer wedge sandal for church.