4.0 out of 5 stars Works with Energy Take Classic
These stands worked with Energy Take Classic, using the screws that came with the stands. I tried Atlantic stands and did not find a good option to mount the speakers.

Published on January 22, 2009 by J. Kim

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate for Small Speakers and Light Gauge Speaker Wire
I bought (4) of these to mount some small surround sound speakers. These are very lightweight stands with narrow wire passageways. They are best suited for small speakers using light-gauge speaker wire.

Published on July 27, 2011 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with Energy Take Classic, January 22, 2009
J. Kim (Palo Alto, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sanus HTB3 Tear Drop Home Theater/Box Speaker Stands (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)

Use the L shaped bracket. The bolt goes into the mounting hole below the keyhole and above the terminals. The vertical side in the L goes against the speaker. The horizontal side in the L goes on top of the speaker stand pole. The terminals are below the elbow of the L. If you want a perfect fit, you can put a couple of 1/2 inch SAE washers between the L bracket and the mounting hole. They should cost less than a dollar for say a set of 8.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect stands for small HTIB speakers, November 3, 2010
First off, this is a set of two stands -- the product description could certainly be clearer. The bases are good and heavy and the poles and even the L-bracket for mounting the speakers are very heavy gauge steel. The stands are not extremely tall, but they're the perfect height for my particular setup, and taller ones would probably tip (I mounted the front/back left/right speakers from a Samsung Blu-Ray HTIB with a set of 4 of these).

The tightening ring is, as others have mentioned, plastic, but it should be durable enough if it isn't over-tightened. That said, these stands really are mostly for the "home theater in a box" speakers. If you replace the ring with a metal piece (not too hard to find at a hardware store), you could probably handle heavier speakers, but they'd be more likely to tip, since the base is not terribly wide side-to-side. If I had heavy expensive speakers that needed stands, I would go for a professional grade tripod, not cheap home stands.

Assembly was ridiculously simple, though the instructions are insane in telling you to thread the speaker wire after assembly. Don't do that -- assemble the base to the first pole, thread the wire through that, thread the wire through the bent pole, THEN screw the two together. It also helps to bend back any exposed leads when pushing the speaker wire through, otherwise it will get caught on the rough surface inside. Easier yet is to just thread through some fishing line on a small sinker and pull the wire through.

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate for Small Speakers and Light Gauge Speaker Wire, July 27, 2011

My primary complaint is that the telescopic height locking mechanism relies on a plastic collar situated around the "top pipe" of the stand that is forced against and into the "base pipe" via a threaded ring. The weakness of this connection became evident when I recently decided to make some height adjustments. Upon re-tightening the connection, the plastic collar on one stand pushed permanently into the base pole. As a result, I am unable to elevate the speaker and/or lock it into any position. I've considered fishing it out with a clothes hanger, but I suspect it would just fall into the base pipe again.

The stands look nice and are compact, but the locking mechanism is unreliable. I encountered a minor bugaboo with the "L" bracket that attaches the speaker to the stand. The small size of the bracket will limit access to any speaker that has centrally-located speaker terminals. To remedy this I was able to mount the speakers upside down (not that big a deal, but could be a problem depending on the placement of your speaker wire terminals).

These are very reasonably priced stands that look nice, but the locking mechanism could be a lot more secure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Installation Tips, February 7, 2011
Based upon others reviews I purchased two sets (four stands) for my Energy Take Classic speakers. These work great with them as others point out. I just cut the supplied foam tape into two pieces to fill the gap between the L bracket and the back of the speaker instead of going the 1/2 inch washer route. The best way to install the speaker wire is to push the wire from the exit hole near the top of the pole and out the bottom then pull the wire to length required to get to your A/V box. The rubber feet work great on hardwood floor. A gentle tap pushes them into the base. I'm very pleased with these stands.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very strong and sturdy., March 25, 2008
I was impressed with these stands. I have carpet and these stands come with spikes that go on the bottom of the stands to hold them in place. I was surprised with how heavy they were and was glad to see the variety of ways to hook up speakers to the stands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant, July 25, 2007
Very high quality, good looking ,sturdy, easy to assemble. I would buy again. Amazon price beats all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, May 1, 2008
J. Shea (Saint Petersburg, FL USA) - See all my reviews
I am impressed with these stands. The bases are nice and heavy, which help to reduce knock overs, especially if you have kids in the house. I especially like the fact that the bases are narrow, so they fit nicely in tight spaces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stands for Energy Take Classic speakers, January 1, 2012
These are great stands for the Energy 5.1 Take Classic Home Theater System (Set of Six, Black). I used two of them for my front speakers and two Atlantic 77335068 Satellite 5 Speaker Mounting Brackets (Black)for my rear speakers. These stands have a heavy cast iron base with small spikes you can screw in to make them grab carpet. I ran 14 ga. wire with ease ( as long as you feed the wire from the hole by the speaker down the tube and out the base) I was concerned they wouldnt be tall enough to clear my couch so didnt use them in back. If you look at my pictures, you can see how tall they are with max extension compared to a 60" TV. They have room for banana clips which I prefer to use vs. the screw clips the speakers come with. Its a tight fit, but it can be done. Awesome stands!!

5.0 out of 5 stars These things are BEYOND great!, December 3, 2011
I have an Onkyo HT-R8230 speaker system. My speakers weigh somewhere between 3-4 pounds each. These speakers stands are SO strong & sturdy. The manual says that it supports speakers up to 4 pounds, but I'm pretty sure it can hold heavier speakers than that. Especially if you lay them flat on the stand, rather than having them hang off the hook thing (the L bracket).

With the OPTIONAL spikes that you can screw on the bottom of the stands, they're practically immovable. It has a place to hide the speaker wire in the stand. I know some people will love that. The height of the stand is adjustable between 26-39 inches. I have mine roughly at 31 inches. Did I mention that it's sturdy? It has 3 different ways to put your speakers on it. The L bracket, laying it flat with some kind of horizontal bracket, and then vertical bracket thing. I opted to hang it with the vertical bracket.

I'd DEFINITELY recommend this to anyone! I'm in love with this thing right now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done for Energy RC-Micro's, March 22, 2011
Subject says it all. Pretty simple to put the back speakers in with the screws included in the Energy RC-Micro's package (I didn't use the actual speaker stands screws they give so don't know how well they would've worked). I currently have them on our kitchen tile floor, so I also can't say how well those sharp carpet bottom holders work, but the rubber grips for the tile work well and keep them in place for the most part. I've got a little 1 year old crawling and running around in his walker that can move them with some effort if he grabs on to it and shakes them enough, but it does take effort for him to actually move them completely out of their place.

Only real negatives I could think of is the black paint