Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sanus Systems XF228-B1 42-Inch to 90-Inch TVs HD Pro Full-Motion Flat Panel Mount
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 25, 2010
Pricey, but I love it. I'm able to do everything I want to do with my 58" Samsung. It is very heavy duty and easy to install, although it's a two person job. The ease of motion is excellent and I enjoy the ability to move it out and back in. It really does have a pretty cool effect.

The only negative thing I have for this product, and why I only gave 4 stars, is I had two of the supplied anchor screw twist off when I went into the studs. This wasn't a big deal really for me because I just ran down to Home Depot and replaced them, but it was still a hassle. If I could do over I would have just bought four screws from home depot to begin with and not run the risk of not being able to hit the sweet spot of the stud. I had a bit more room for error than some might, so take that for what it's worth. Home Depot had the exact ones in gold that I just sprayed black to match before I screwed in. They felt a lot heavier than the originals did also.

Other than that, this is the mount to own if you need one of this caliber.
on July 15, 2011
I followed several other reviewers advice and went to home depot and bought new lag bolts for this TV Mount. I came home and broke two of the lag bolts I had just bought. I then did some research and the recommended pilot hole for a 5/16" Lag Bolt is 7/32" NOT 3/16". Once I moved the Mount down an inch and restarted with a 7/32" pilot hole everything worked out great. I even used the lag bolts that came with the mount and had no problem.

Moral of the story, drill a 7/32" pilot hole and everything will work out fine!
on May 5, 2013
Sturdy, expensive, not perfect, but worth it

Summary:
The mount is well-constructed, sturdy, and heavy. It is also expensive and not perfect, but about as close as I expected to get. Overall I am very happy with the mount and would recommend.

Installation:
Installation went as planned but it is a good idea to both watch the videos on the sanus.com web site as well as read the included instructions as they differ slightly in the order of installation and one might suit you better than the other. Using the Sanus online Height Finder was accurate within a ½ inch or so, but I followed up every measurement and calculation with my own just to be sure.

Check the vertical plastic frame "ears" on the plate that mounts to the wall before installing. Somehow one of mine was malformed or not in place and when I tightened the lags to the wall it worked its way off the end of the metal bar. It's solid so I'm not removing it now but heads up on that.

Included hardware worked fine. There are adjustments to allow you to tweak the alignments after installation, including left-right adjustment of a few inches, vertical height adjustment of maybe an inch or 2, and level adjustment. Of course the mount itself can tilt, swivel, extend, retract, etc.

Wire management within the arms is nice and there is a decent amount of space to get plugs and cords through. To avoid having wires hanging down the wall, I installed a power "bridge" system to run the signal and power cables from lower on the wall to behind the TV. After much consideration, I ended up mounting the box behind the TV and BELOW the mount instead of "inside" the mount frame because there seemed to be too many moving joints to be sure the wires would have the space they needed to bend and move.

My details:
I purchased this to wall mount my Vizio e701i-A3 70" LED TV. This 75-lb TV has a flat back, uses short mounting screws and shortest spacers, and the mounting holes are centered for height-calculation purposes.

Complaint:
My biggest complaint has to do with the adjustment of the large tension knobs on the elbows that allow the mount to extend from and retract to the wall. Supposedly you can adjust the tension on these to make it easier or harder to push/pull from the wall, but there doesn't seem to be a significant difference from one extreme to the other. This being said, I have to grab the TV from both the top and bottom in the center to push/pull it in and out because the tension is pretty high. If you are not pushing and pulling the same pressure on both top and bottom frame of TV, the tilt adjustment allows the TV to move from the "tightened" position. In simpler terms, I wouldn't call extension and retraction of this mount "fingertip control". However if you leave it away from the wall far enough you can SWIVEL it very easily.

Helpful tips:
- Use a good 7/32" drill bit when drilling the studs and go as deep to the 3½" as possible
- Pull the bit out a few times to let the sawdust out and not clog the drill bit and you won't have to push so hard
- Scratch the provided lags across a bar of soap liberally, don't turn lags in too fast or over-tighten and they will work fine
- Loosen the tilt knobs and tilt the TV up to gain access to the mount locking screw
- Depending on interference of the stand screws and black plate mounting holes, you might be able to leave (or install) the stand on the TV while mounting the back plate instead of laying the TV face down. I actually installed my TV to the wall mount with the stand on it, then took the stand off.
- This is a 2-man job. Don't be a hero.
on April 25, 2010
Easy to install, came with all the right parts,
directions a little sketchy but illustrations were good.
Very well made (sturdy, adjustable, in-arm cable management
channel, low profile against the wall).
Holds the 100lb Plasma (50 inch) solidly even when extended
out from the wall the full 28 inches.
on August 29, 2011
I mounted this beast on the wall after the Geek Squad told me that I should return it & get the cheap one. Oh yeah, and they wanted to charge me more money too so I told them to get out of my house...

This mount is pretty awsome & you can install it with 1 person until you need to lift your 100 pound Plasma TV. That's a 2 man job alright. I bet the mount weighs about 40 pounds. I put an additional 2 lag screws into the studs just to make myself feel better but it's probably not necessary. Make sure you use a 'level'. You don't want to look at a crooked TV on the wall.

The directions are marginal (at best) but take your time. It took me 2 days to mount the 60" TV & run the cables behind the wall.
on February 17, 2015
Pros: With a 60" TV and being able to pull the unit out by 20" to then be able to give it a wider turning angle is awsome! The studs for the wall I wanted to center the TV just didnt line up so I had to make sure to get a unit that I could offcenter the unit and TV and be strong. Had to make sure I got a unit that had a base width of near 30" and this one is over that. With just 4 lag bolts 4 inches long into wood studs I am not afraid of this unit moving/falling/dropping my TV. Instructions were easy to follow and yes do exactly as they say, do not skip or do it your way.

Made of solid steel with clever cable management in the arm supports as to not crush your HDMI/power cables when folding/pulling out the TV. Once the TV is mounted, the tension for pulling out/angling/tilting the TV are easy to manipulate to get the perfect viewing angles. Am not afraid to install a bigger TV on this mount if ever I upgrade from a 60".

This unit would of cost me 600$ at brick and mortar in Canada. Bought on amazon.com (not .ca) and had it shipped to po box and crossed the border to get it, well worth it and half the cost (on sale). Yes it's still expensive for a TV mount but you are paying for quality that I haven't seen in the other mounts. Trust me I shopped and compared so many mounts and saw many pictures of broken mounts not being able to do it's job.

This took me a good a couple of hours to install but I am a perfectionist and had some cables to fish behind the walls as well.

Cons: Expensive but you are paying for quality craftmanship and the guarantee your TV will not come off that wall.
review image
on May 11, 2015
Used for my new 75" LED 1080P HDTV. If the "big-one" hits southern California now, and my house falls down, that corner with the wall mount, as well as my TV will still be standing! LOL
Obviously worth the money, a quality wall mount beefy enough to withstand the day to day abuses a household can inflict upon it's consumer electronics, and yet offer perfect functionality. In fact, when I upgrade to a bigger TV in 6 or 7 years, all I'll have to do is just upgrade the TV, as the Sanus Systems XF228-B1 is such a value, it will easily handle the upgrade!
review image review image
on January 14, 2014
I have an 80" Sharp LCD TV attached to this mount. There are not very many full-motion mounts capable of handling a TV of that size, but this heavy-duty dual-swingarm unit handles it with no problem.

My TV is mounted in a large media niche, and using this mount I can move the TV out two feet from the wall so that it lines up with the front of my entertainment center, etc.

Moving the TV around within the range of articulation is easy; just grab your TV by the edges of the frame, and position it where you want it.
on March 24, 2014
I bought this item back in 2010, why am I writing this review now in 2014? Well, I've always wanted to read reviews on items like this because most reviews written are just initial impressions, and I've always wanted to know how these items hold up over the years.

Well, for me, this item was worth every penny, and when I first bought it, it was slightly more expensive even.

For starters, this items is very high quality build and finish. Installation was easy, but requires a second set of hands to do it correctly. Instruction was easy to follow. The only thing I did different was I took another reviewer's advice and bought a higher density/heavier duty wall mount bolts then the ones that came with the system.

After 3+ years of use, this item is holding up beautifully. I mount my flat screen TV in the living room, and I would swing back and forth between the dinning area and then back to the living room area almost on a daily basis. The swing motion is still just as smooth as the first time, the control arms is still nice and strong, no sagging or bending. No squeaking noises from and motion (never oiled any of the joints). The item has simply hold up great after 3+ years of use.

Another reason why I decided to come back and review this item is because I was just at a friends house over the weekend and saw his (different) wall mount setup and it was really crappy, and his swing arm device made all sort of noise and you had to move it super slow to make sure you didn't put too much stress on the arms. Made me glad I didn't cheap out when I was shopping for one of these things 3 years ago.
on December 18, 2011
Excellent product, well built, easy to install, multitude of adjustment, good and large cable management system. I had 3 HDMI, 1 component, 1 optical audio and one internet cable all hidden inside the arms. I have my 65" Panasonic plasma mounted on the wall. Strongly recommend to any one.