Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now HTL

on May 20, 2007
I recently purchased the brand new panasonic th-58pz700u, this is a large tv that weighs 140lbs, so after doing much research I found this sanus mount to be the best one for this large tv, the hardware that comes with the mount is excellent, you do not have to run to the hardware store for extra nuts/washers bolts etc... everything you could possibly need comes with the mount. the best part about this unit is that you can install onto 3 studs instead of the more conventional 2 stud installation, this makes it much more secure. I was very lucky in that my house was built back in 1955 and back then they used studs spaced at 12 inches apart instead of the current 16 inch apart requirement, this enabled me to actually use 4 studs for the install, needless to say this tv will never fall off the wall. basically when your going to install this mount read all the instructions thoroughly first and then use masking tape to "draw" on the wall exactly where you want the tv, then figure out where the mount will go in relation to the tv's mounting holes, then just find the studs and install the mount, I am very happy with this mount and tv looks great, enjoy
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2009
Ok, after reading reviews on how this mount would not work with some panasonic sets (as well as some others), i was not sure if i needed to by the extended adapter. Just to avoid the installers leaving should this not work i bought the adapter.

results: you DONT need the adapter/extender for this TV. everything you need is in the box.

my TV details:

65" Plasma Panasonic TC-P65S1
on January 20, 2007
In this day and age of mediocre design, shoddy quality control, unreadable instructions, I was quite impressed with this wall mount. It's only a wall mount and, as such, is not the focus of attention. However, it is the slimmest, lowest profile wall mount I've seen. There were multiple options for stud wall mount and concrete block wall mount, and there were well thought out hardware options included. Frequently when I buy a product such as this, I have to run down to the hardware store to get additional nuts and bolts because I'm finicky about the installation. In this case, There was enough hardware and nuts and bolts left over for me to open a hardware store. After I talked to a structural engineer (I didn't hire one of course, but I'm in a related profession) about mounting over a fireplace, I found the enclosed procedure and hardware from Sanus were even better than the engineer proposed.

I had a 50" plasma to mount. This bracket had enough hole spacing options to mate to this and a thousand other TVs. It had optional brackets, which I didn't use, that could have extended it to what seems like a 100" TV, although don't sue me if I exaggerated.

I also liked the fact that it was made in the USA. The only nit to pick was that the company took about 3 weeks over the Christmas holidays to get it to me.
on January 21, 2008
I purchased the VMPL3 to mount a 47" LCD HDTV in our bedroom. I needed a precision mount because of the limited space available. I had previously mounted a 52" LCD HDTV in our living room, using a Sanus VMAA26 full motion mount. That installation sold me on Sanus Systems forever. Their engineering and quality control are above reproach. The instructions are simple and technically and grammatically correct (what a novel idea!). The VMPL3 comes in silver or black and offers options galore, depending on whether you want a flat mount, tilting mount or have a flat back or curved back TV. Parts are packaged for virtually any type of wall, including concrete block. Concrete anchors, lag bolts, spacers, washers, and nuts are all provided in a neatly compartmented package. Don't be concerned about having to make extra trips to the hardware store if you buy a Sanus System. In fact, I feel like I could start a hardware business with the leftover parts! The instructions are very explicit about properly mounting the TV, and encourage consumers to call their toll-free number for advice. Do your homework and decide what type of mount you need. Then, purchase a Sanus mount. You won't be sorry.
on January 27, 2008
I purchased this wall mount to accomodate my new Pioneer 60" plasma which weighs approximately 125 lbs.

It was very easy to assemble and the hardware mounted to the back of the TV perfectly.

I was concerned about the product's width size because the description was not specific in that regard. However that concern was put to rest following completed assembly. I don't know how wide it can expand to but I was able to utilize 3 wall studs spaced the standard 16" apart. There is no way that TV is coming off that wall unless I personally remove it.

Once mounted on the wall, you and your partner simply lift the tv and slide the hooks you attached to the back of it into the wall bracket. Thats all there is to it! The mount itself allows you to tilt the tv up to 11 degrees to accomodate your seating angle plus you have the ability to slide the tv left or right for perfect centering.

For ease of assembly, mounting and solid steel durability, this is the wall mount you must buy!
on July 26, 2008
This mount (VMPL3B) was identified by Sanus as the one to fit a Sharp LC65D64U TV. (1)While the kit came with several different sizes of bolts to fit various models, it did not provide the metric size needed for this specific Sharp TV. The four bolts needed were available (M10 - 30mm) at Home Depot, $.80 each (plus washers needed). (2)The slots in the mounting brackets were not wide enough to allow the proper bolts to pass through. I was able to file the slots wider (not difficult)to allow the bolts to pass. After that mount was easy to install with all needed hardware provided and works great. Even with this blip the mount is well worth buying due to the more than $400.00 saving over the mount offered by Sharp.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 9, 2006
I bought this item to mount my Philips 42PF7320A 42" Plasma which requires a wider mount than standard universal mount. It went up really easy and I was able to put my plasma on it no problem. The price here is $110 cheaper than Best Buy. This was a great deal for this item.
on October 20, 2007
My hubby and I installed this by ourselves in less than an hour, this saved us over $500. for a professional to do it. I am so glad we did not waste our money to have a pro do this for us!!
on July 16, 2010
For years I have admired the look of wall mounted flat screens. A remodeled basement presented the option of setting the new TV on an entertainment stand like I've always done or pulling the trigger on a wall mount. The wall mount won out in no small part due to the fact I could now position a center channel speaker directly under the TV. That was another first.

This became a DIY project because I couldn't justify several hundred dollars in labor for a couple of young fellows attaching something to the wall. I started by doing a lot of research on wall mounts and concluded that prices and product quality are all over the map. For me the Sanus VMPL3 emerged as the top choice because of so many favorable reviews and the obvious benefit of a hefty, well-engineered product. It looks like it will last decades and with all the included hardware will likely work with any TV I might buy later on. Amazon's price is the best I found anywhere.

Installers who do this every day probably consider it a piece of cake. But this was my first attempt and I was a bit nervous, not wanting to make a dumb mistake. It helps to have some basic experience with things like making accurate measurements, using a level and drilling clean holes. But it's not rocket science. The most challenging part for me was figuring out where to drill holes on the wall to achieve the height I needed for the TV. To get an idea of where those holes ought to be I installed the brackets on the back of the TV. Then, holding the wall mount with my hands I slid in the TV brackets to simulate how the set would hang on the wall. Then I measured the distance from the wall mount top holes to the bottom edge of the TV. I came up with 15 inches (Your number might be different because of differences in TV sets). After that, all I had to do was decide how high off the floor I wanted the bottom of the TV. For me it was 33 inches. I added the additional 15 inches for the wall bracket and knew to drill my holes 48 inches off the floor.

After doing all that I happened to visit the Sanus web site (This was really a case of Ready, Fire, Aim! Shame on me.) Wouldn't you know they have a height calculator that lets you input the style of Sanus mount you're using plus make and model of your TV plus how high you want your screen to be ... and it gives you the top and bottom hole locations for your wall mount. The numbers it gave were an exact match for all the measuring I did manually. I think that's a nice service the folks at Sanus provide and their database of TV sets is massive.

It's at least a two person job moving the TV into position and getting the "claws" of the TV brackets to grab into the channel of the wall mount. I thought it might take some trial and error to get it right but it was easy and fast. At that moment the mount was handling all the weight. To get the TV centered it needed to be moved to the left a couple inches. No problem at all just pulling it to the left and the claws moved smoothly inside the channel.

There is a safety bolt on the two TV brackets that you tighten with a hex wrench. This firms up the fit and keeps the bracket solidly attached to the wall mount. I had a tough time reaching back behind the TV set to get to this bolt with the included hex wrench. Really needed a couple more inches of reach. So I used my own slightly longer hex wrench. It gave me the extra reach I needed and was able to tighten these bolts down just fine.

All in all it turned out to be a straightforward project with no nasty surprises. I am completely satisfied with the quality and price of the Sanus mount. Maybe it's just me, but I get added satisfaction seeing my new 55 inch Sony floating on the wall and knowing it was a DIY job.

I hope you found this review helpful.
on September 17, 2007
wonderful product... very well built and very easy to install. i was very impressed with the workmanship and the packaging of this product. i am using it with my pioneer 60'Plasma and its works just great. its also great that it includes alot of different hardware for different mounting situations