Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on May 20, 2007
I recently purchased the brand new panasonic th-58pz700u, this is a large tv that weighs 140lbs, so after doing much research I found this sanus mount to be the best one for this large tv, the hardware that comes with the mount is excellent, you do not have to run to the hardware store for extra nuts/washers bolts etc... everything you could possibly need comes with the mount. the best part about this unit is that you can install onto 3 studs instead of the more conventional 2 stud installation, this makes it much more secure. I was very lucky in that my house was built back in 1955 and back then they used studs spaced at 12 inches apart instead of the current 16 inch apart requirement, this enabled me to actually use 4 studs for the install, needless to say this tv will never fall off the wall. basically when your going to install this mount read all the instructions thoroughly first and then use masking tape to "draw" on the wall exactly where you want the tv, then figure out where the mount will go in relation to the tv's mounting holes, then just find the studs and install the mount, I am very happy with this mount and tv looks great, enjoy
11 comment|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2009
Ok, after reading reviews on how this mount would not work with some panasonic sets (as well as some others), i was not sure if i needed to by the extended adapter. Just to avoid the installers leaving should this not work i bought the adapter.

results: you DONT need the adapter/extender for this TV. everything you need is in the box.

my TV details:

65" Plasma Panasonic TC-P65S1
on January 20, 2007
In this day and age of mediocre design, shoddy quality control, unreadable instructions, I was quite impressed with this wall mount. It's only a wall mount and, as such, is not the focus of attention. However, it is the slimmest, lowest profile wall mount I've seen. There were multiple options for stud wall mount and concrete block wall mount, and there were well thought out hardware options included. Frequently when I buy a product such as this, I have to run down to the hardware store to get additional nuts and bolts because I'm finicky about the installation. In this case, There was enough hardware and nuts and bolts left over for me to open a hardware store. After I talked to a structural engineer (I didn't hire one of course, but I'm in a related profession) about mounting over a fireplace, I found the enclosed procedure and hardware from Sanus were even better than the engineer proposed.

I had a 50" plasma to mount. This bracket had enough hole spacing options to mate to this and a thousand other TVs. It had optional brackets, which I didn't use, that could have extended it to what seems like a 100" TV, although don't sue me if I exaggerated.

I also liked the fact that it was made in the USA. The only nit to pick was that the company took about 3 weeks over the Christmas holidays to get it to me.
on January 21, 2008
I purchased the VMPL3 to mount a 47" LCD HDTV in our bedroom. I needed a precision mount because of the limited space available. I had previously mounted a 52" LCD HDTV in our living room, using a Sanus VMAA26 full motion mount. That installation sold me on Sanus Systems forever. Their engineering and quality control are above reproach. The instructions are simple and technically and grammatically correct (what a novel idea!). The VMPL3 comes in silver or black and offers options galore, depending on whether you want a flat mount, tilting mount or have a flat back or curved back TV. Parts are packaged for virtually any type of wall, including concrete block. Concrete anchors, lag bolts, spacers, washers, and nuts are all provided in a neatly compartmented package. Don't be concerned about having to make extra trips to the hardware store if you buy a Sanus System. In fact, I feel like I could start a hardware business with the leftover parts! The instructions are very explicit about properly mounting the TV, and encourage consumers to call their toll-free number for advice. Do your homework and decide what type of mount you need. Then, purchase a Sanus mount. You won't be sorry.
on January 27, 2008
I purchased this wall mount to accomodate my new Pioneer 60" plasma which weighs approximately 125 lbs.

It was very easy to assemble and the hardware mounted to the back of the TV perfectly.

I was concerned about the product's width size because the description was not specific in that regard. However that concern was put to rest following completed assembly. I don't know how wide it can expand to but I was able to utilize 3 wall studs spaced the standard 16" apart. There is no way that TV is coming off that wall unless I personally remove it.

Once mounted on the wall, you and your partner simply lift the tv and slide the hooks you attached to the back of it into the wall bracket. Thats all there is to it! The mount itself allows you to tilt the tv up to 11 degrees to accomodate your seating angle plus you have the ability to slide the tv left or right for perfect centering.

For ease of assembly, mounting and solid steel durability, this is the wall mount you must buy!
VINE VOICEon December 24, 2013
We used this one for an 80 inch sharp TV. It has all the features you can expect from a wall bracket.
Comes with stud and concrete screws. It also, to my surprise, comes with two sets of brackets, one is a tilt bracket with a ~2inch profile, and one is a low profile straight bracket. In my application I used the tilt feature since it allows me to still connect wires and USB items to my TV if I want to.

Love the setup, went very smooth. It just fit (without using extensions) my Aquos.80 TV
on July 26, 2008
This mount (VMPL3B) was identified by Sanus as the one to fit a Sharp LC65D64U TV. (1)While the kit came with several different sizes of bolts to fit various models, it did not provide the metric size needed for this specific Sharp TV. The four bolts needed were available (M10 - 30mm) at Home Depot, $.80 each (plus washers needed). (2)The slots in the mounting brackets were not wide enough to allow the proper bolts to pass through. I was able to file the slots wider (not difficult)to allow the bolts to pass. After that mount was easy to install with all needed hardware provided and works great. Even with this blip the mount is well worth buying due to the more than $400.00 saving over the mount offered by Sharp.
on February 9, 2006
I bought this item to mount my Philips 42PF7320A 42" Plasma which requires a wider mount than standard universal mount. It went up really easy and I was able to put my plasma on it no problem. The price here is $110 cheaper than Best Buy. This was a great deal for this item.
on October 20, 2007
My hubby and I installed this by ourselves in less than an hour, this saved us over $500. for a professional to do it. I am so glad we did not waste our money to have a pro do this for us!!
on May 3, 2011
While visiting my brother in San Diego recently he mentioned that he needed a wall mount for his Sharp 65" LED television. My first thought was to look on Amazon but he wanted to go to Best Buy to purchase the wall mount so he could get it hung that evening. Before driving to Best Buy my brother called the store to make sure they had the correct size of wall mount and was told they had what was needed to hang his television. Unfortunately, upon opening the box at home after the purchase my brother and husband discovered very quickly that the wall mount would not, in fact, work. Once they discovered that I jumped onto Amazon and using their measurements found the Sanus VMPL3-B Tilt Wall Mount for a 27" to 84" Display ~ it was delivered the next day

The following insert is from another reviewer of this product and was the most helpful information possible, which enabled my brother and husband to avoid frustration and install the wall mount easily and in very little time.

"This mount (VMPL3B) was identified by Sanus as the one to fit a Sharp LC65D64U TV. (1) While the kit came with several different sizes of bolts to fit various models, it did not provide the metric size needed for this specific Sharp TV. The four bolts needed were available (M10 - 30mm) at Home Depot, $.80 each (plus washers needed). (2) The slots in the mounting brackets were not wide enough to allow the proper bolts to pass through. I was able to file the slots wider (not difficult) to allow the bolts to pass. After that the mount was easy to install with all needed hardware provided and works great."

The only thing I can add is that my husband was so pleased with the Sanus VMPL3-B Tilt Wall Mount that we have ordered another one for one of our televisions!