5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Mount for an Excellent Price
Published on November 22, 2008 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Screws break - stay from this product until its fixed!
Had a terrible time mounting this on the studs since 3 screws broke simply when tightening them (and not over tightening)! There is probably a reason why Sanus is supplying 6 screws instead of just 4 and also have the following sentence in their first line of instructions - "DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN THE SCREWS". Hopefully, they will take care of the quality of these screws...
Published on February 15, 2010 by Ritesh C. Saxena

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Mount for an Excellent Price, November 22, 2008
This review is from: Sanus VMPL50B Vision Mount Tilting Mount For 30 Inch- 56 Inch Displays - Black (Electronics)
I relied heavily on other reviews to make this purchase, so I feel it is necessary that I leave my own. This is a great mount at an excellent price. The product specs on the website say it will fit 30-56 in flat panels. When the product arrived, the box says 30-50 in, so I got worried because I bought it for a 52 in Samsung. After reading other reviews, I decided to try it before sending it back. The mount fit our tv perfectly, and there was plenty of room. I also didn't realize it had a tilt feature, which I didn't think I wanted. It actually came in handy once we had the tv on the wall and were trying to secure it. Another reviewer mentioned having to attach all the connections to the tv before mounting, but with the tilt feature, this is unnecessary. The instructions were easy to follow, and installation was a breeze. I HIGHLY recommend this mount and buying on Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, April 10, 2007
I have a recessed cavity for my flat panel LCD with no access to the rear of the Television, so I was concerned about the accessability of any latch that would secure the Television brackets to the wall plate. This unit includes "optional" (in my opinion) safety bolt that will secure the brackets to the wall plate, gravity holds the brackets onto the wall plate. So to gain access is as simple as tilting the base of the TV out and lifting the TV off the wall plate (truly a two person job). The construction of the unit is robust stamped (12 gauge approx.) steel, with a high quality finish (satin powder coat). The wall bracket is 29" inside the side stops, and the maximum span of the bracket mounting holes when mounted on the wall plate is 26 1/2". The tilt operates nicely on plastic glides. Sanus even thought of including concrete wall anchors with the extensive hardware packet! No worries with this wall mount, it is the same one that you would pay 2X the price at...!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Wall Mount, January 15, 2007
I purchased this wall mount for my 46 inch samsung lcd hdtv. The instructions were easy to follow and the installation was quick and simple. The mount came with 3 different sizes of screws to connect to the back of the tv but unfortunately none of them were quick the right length for my tv. I ended up having to go to to a hardware store to buy bolts that were the right length. A minor inconvenience but one you have to keep in mind.

A word of advice, you need to make sure and have all your connections hooked into the tv before you put it up on the wall mount. Since the mount leaves the tv very close to the wall it is very hard to connect anything once it is up. It is very simple to lift the tv off the mount but it takes 2 people so be warned. Great piece of hardware and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wall mount for larger TV, December 16, 2008
Bilbo (Fallston, MD) - See all my reviews
I'm pretty satisfied with this wall mount (so far). I'm using it with a 52" Sony Bravia HDL-52W4100 (71 lbs.), and I have read that other reviewers were having to buy additional screws in order to fasten the hooks onto Sony TV's, so I emailed the company ([...]) and asked them what were the proper size; I got a prompt reply and I bought a few of the screws at Lowes before I went home (tried Home Depot but couldn't find them). After looking at all the supplied hardware at home, I discovered that in fact the proper screws WERE there (metric M6 x 20mm), so no harm, no foul. Anyway, I hit wall studs with 6 screws (weird wall) but actually had to use a shim on one end because my wall is bowed (previous owner attempted to be a carpenter), used the center mounting holes on the hooks to allow for the most up/down adjustment, and up it went. As with other reviewers, I also hung on the bracket to test it out before I put the TV up. Had to do some minor math to figure out how high to mount the bracket related to where the hooks were connected to the TV, so the height was pretty close to how I wanted it (top of the screen was level with my eye while standing up); there's about 5-6 inches of height adjustment available, thanks to all the holes in the TV hooks, but you need to be at least in the ballpark (and the manual doesn't really help with this). You can be a little off center with the wall bracket (depending on how much side play your TV allows you) to allow yourself to hit at least two studs; the hooks cannot slide off the sides of the bracket, which I was pleased to discover, and the TV sits far enough away from the wall that I can plug in additional cords without taking the TV down. The bottom set screws that hold the hooks on the bracket can be hand tightened (at least, in my case), but it's wise to thread them on before you mount the TV. Some people wouldn't bother with the screws, but in my house I don't trust anything to not fall that's not nailed or bolted down, and the hooks are not all that deep (one bracket I saw at BJ's Warehouse had a large hook with a coat rack-style bracket), so better safe than sorry; I suggest hand tightening them all the way and then backing them off a turn so you can make minor sideways adjustments. The tilt feature is a plus, as well; a little downward adjustment can get rid of a lot of glare.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST available mount for your flat panel HDTV, period!, December 26, 2007
I just bought the fam a new Sony KDL-46V2500 46" Bravia V-Series 1080p LCD HDTV for Christmas. I had plans on mounting it on the wall but didn't want to pay someone $300 (not including parts) to come and mount it on the wall for me. So I did some research and Sanus came up as the best flat panel mount out there. So, I ordered it...

It came with all the parts you need to mount on any kind of surface. I was mounting mine on over the fireplace which is a brick wall. So, all I needed to buy was a 1/2" masonry drill bit and drill holes in the mortar.

Only thing that I did not like is that it did not come with the right size screws for screwing the brace to the tv. I had to run over to Lowe's to pick up some longer screws to fit the tv.

In all, this is the absolute best mount out there for your HDTV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first mount, June 16, 2008
I bought this to wall mount my brand new Panasonic 50" Plasma. After ponying up for the Panny I was hesitant to blow another $300-500 on a deluxe extending mount, so I opted for this tilting model based on reviews. I could not be more satisfied. Installation is fast and simple. Although largely unneccessary, the instructions are short and easy to follow. They include an impressive number of parts to accomodate various televisions and walls.

A great mount at a fantastic price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, does what it said and easy to mount., March 18, 2007
Bought this thing for my new 46 inch Sony LCD. Great TV but the design of the mounting holes was mindless as there are obstruction around so that you can't put the mount on straight. Luckily, the Sanus Universal mount has all the required nuts and bolts to go over the obstructions. It was very easy to mount. If you ever wonder why these mounts seem to be so costly, well, the steal gauge is of heavy construction and mount is very sturdy and the tilt swivel is absolutely smooth and light to operate. Nice Product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bargain, good construction, February 24, 2010
R. Miller (Parker, CO USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this mount for my new Samsung UN55B8000 55" LED LCD. The mount appears to be well-made and so far works flawlessly. The installation instructions aren't real descriptive so you have to know a little bit about what you are doing (especially when it comes to drilling into studs and making sure you have a sturdy mount.) After reading other reviews on Amazon, I didn't bother with the lag screws that came with the mount. Instead, I just went and bought some quality ones at my nearest hardware store. I had no troubles with those. Note that for this model of TV Samsung tells you to use the mounting spacers that come with the TV. If you do use these spacers, none of the hardware that came with the mount will work for attaching the brackets to the back of the TV. I recommend buying some 1 inch hex bolts that are 8mm x 1.25 (1.25 being the thread count). DON'T OVERTIGHTEN THOSE... SINCE THEY ARE HEX BOLTS IT'S EASY TO DO! Only other issue is that the adjusting knobs (to hold the tilt angle) are a bit tough to reach once the TV is mounted on the wall. Overall, I'm very happy with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid value, March 23, 2008
This is a solid TV mount for the money. You will not go wrong. It comes with a large assortment of bolts and wall fasteners (I mounted to a brick chimney front). It's not quite as adjustable as the more mechanically complex mounts available but mounting is very simple and it's structurally very sound. If you are mounting a SONY, you will need to buy 4 slightly longer attachment bolts for the back of the TV from the metric fastener section at your local hardware store. Otherwise, this mount fits perfectly and does the job with a solid range of adjustability-- side to side, up/down and about +/- 12 degrees on the angle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Bracket, January 7, 2009
Used this on a 46" Samsung LCD. Rock solid, smooth movement when tilting. Stays in tilted position with out tightening tilt locks. Came with all the accessories for just about any LCD, even nylon expander washers. Would buy again.
P.S. Get help lifting your TV on to the mount, jeez it was a heavy TV.