Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

on April 6, 2013
These work fine (they're eneloop, after all) and they are very pretty, but keep in mind these were a limited edition released in 2010, so if you buy them now (April 2013) you're getting batteries that are already over two years old. I'm not sure how much that will affect the life, but it's something to keep in mind. They look great, though.

Added June 17, 2013: When reading the date code on an Eneloop battery, the first two digits are the year and the second two digits are the month. On my glitter batteries the date code is 10-12MI, which means they were manufactured in December 2010, not October 2012.
on February 3, 2013
I have two sets of these now, due to owning more things than I even realized that use AA batteries apparently. They last a really long time and seem to stay charged in storage quite well, too. Since I'm not using disposables anymore, it seemed logical that my "permanent collection" of batteries ought to be pretty, at least. I think I got mine when the price was a little lower, but hopefully Eneloops will come out with more neat-looking special editions in the future. It's also surprisingly nice to have batteries in different colors for more practical reasons: it's nice to have a rough idea of which ones I just took out of something and need to put on the charger and which ones I just took off the charger. With "old school" identical batteries, that used to cause a fair bit of confusion if one wasn't careful where one set things down.

I went out to buy new AAA batteries the other day, since I don't have rechargeables of those yet, but flinched at the prices. Even taking into account the "special edition" price of these, I'm sure mine have paid for themselves already with the price of disposables these days. (My glitter AAA Eneloops are in the mail now, of course :))
on October 16, 2012
I am a professional photographer and I rely on the rechargeable batteries that I use to hold a charge and to work hard. With these I do not have to check and recharge them every week like I have with other batteries... I just charge them up and they hold the energy for a long time. I keep pushing it further and further. Last charge for the batteries that are currently in use was almost 6 months aga and they are performing like brand new.

Buy these if you need reliable rechargeable batteries. And they are cool looking with the colors.
on January 2, 2015
Sanyo 5th Anniversary Special 8 pack AA 2nd Gen 1500 cycle eneloop in Glitter colors

UPDATE MARCH 2015: THESE BATTERIES ARE NOW TOO EXPENSIVE DUE TO ALTERNATIVE SELLERS OPTING TO CHARGE FROM $ 90.00 TO $ 120.00 FOR THEM! That is a very high price unless you are a collector since these GLITTER batteries were never made and sold as 3rd (1800 recycle) or 4th (2100 recycle) generation. NO WONDER THEY WANT TO PLACE 'NOT HELPFUL' VOTES ON REVIEWS WHICH POINT OUT THESE 'RIP-OFF' VENDORS PRICES.

IMPORTANTLY, REMEMBER MOST OF THE REVIEWS FOR THIS PRODUCT WERE PERFORMED IN 2012-2013 WHEN THE PRICES FOR THESE BATTERIES WERE REASONABLE, BEFORE THE 'RIP-OFF' VENDORS GOT INVOLVED!

I HAVE THEREFORE GIVEN THIS PRODUCT A 3 STAR RATING, BUT AM TEMPTED TO GIVE THEM A 2 STAR RATING IF THESE 'RIP-OFF' PEOPLE CONTINUE THEIR 'NON-VOTING' PLOY FOR NEGATIVE VIEWS FOR POINTING OUT THEIR CRAZY RIP OFF PRICES!

IMPORTANTLY, IT'S REALLY MUCH BETTER TO GET THE VERY NEW 4TH GENERATION TROPICAL (FLOWERS, FRUIT, ETC. COLORED) SANYO/PANASONIC BATTERIES AA BATTERIES FOR ONLY $ 26.00 (SEE BELOW AND MY AMAZON REVIEWS).

N.B. THE GLITTER ON ALL OF THESE GLITTER BATTERIES DISAPPEARED VERY QUICKLY IN BOTH NORMAL AND THE BEST PROGRAMMABLE BATTERY CHARGER USING GENTLE CHARGE AND DISCHARGE SETTINGS, AND YOU ARE LEFT WITH ONLY THE METALLIC COLORS!

MY PREVIOUS REVIEW WHICH WAS RATED AS O.K. WHEN THESE GLITTER BATTERIES WERE AT A REASONABLE PRICE:

My 11 year old daughter convinced me to buy a pack of these 2nd generation Eneloop AA Glitter batteries (as well as 2 packs of the 3rd generation Eneloop Tropical Battery Series) in 2014 which are really nice! These glitter batteries were dated 12 09SY, so we assumed that they were manufactured in September 2012. We consider that if we charged these batteries every week (assuming 50 weeks in the year), and they can be recharged 1,500 times, they should last us 30 years. WOW, if you are going to have them that long we believe that you should pay the extra money and get batteries which are really beautiful (rather than the plain Eneloop white or Eneloop Pro black batteries)!

On arrival, we tested their capacities by one discharge on our MAHA MH-C9000 to find that they had the following capacities (N.B. Eneloop batteries are not provided with full charges): 1268, 1291, 1287 and 1286 mAh. We therefore increased all of their charges up to the 1,900 mAh minimum guaranteed rate with one BREAK-IN program of our battery charger. When they have been used in a device (N.B. Never subject batteries to two consecutive programs which end in a charge cycle and begin with a charger cycle since this will result in over-charging them), we will then subject them to another BREAK-IN program to remove all memory and increase their capacities to their maximum (> 2,000 mAh) values.

Maha Powerex Wizard One MH-C9000 Advanced Battery Charger and Analyzer - Deluxe Accessory Storage Case Included

A WORD OF CAUTION: We also put 4 of these glitter batteries in ANOTHER TYPE OF battery charger and subjected them to a discharge/charge cycle and found that the batteries became hotter (estimate temperature 45-50oC) than in the MH-C9000, and at the end of the program the glitter in the walls of these 4 batteries was much less shinny and reflective ¼ so we were disappointed! The shine of these green, blue, silver and black batteries was however still delightful so that was a consolation!

Moral Of The Story: IF YOU WANT YOUR GLITTER BATTERIES TO REMAIN VERY `GLITTERY' DO NOT SUBJECT THEM TO HIGH CHARGE/DISCHARGE TEMPERATURES (I.E. USE VERY LOW CHARGE AND DISCHARGE RATES IN A BATTERY CHARGER WHICH HAS GOOD AIR CIRCULATION TO KEEP THE BATTERIES COOL!

UPDATE: NOW I RATE THEM AS A THREE STAR PRODUCT DUE TO THE INFLATED PRICE OF $ 90.00-120.00, BUT COLLECTORS MAY STILL OPT TO PAY THAT MUCH MONEY.

I PERSONALLY PREFER THE ENELOOP TROPICAL AA BATTERIES TO THE GLITTER BATTERIES!

You Can Now Get The 4th Generation (2,100 recharge cycles) of the Delightful Eneloop Tropical AA batteries for Only $ 25.00!!

NEW Panasonic Eneloop 4th generation eneloop "Tropical Limited Edition" 8 Pack AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries

We Will ALSO NOT Buy The $ 130.00 Eneloop Chocolat AA Battery Series (NOW 2015 $ 74.00) Since 1) They Really Are Super Expensive, and 2) We ALSO Really Don't Like Their Range Of Colors Compared To the Glitter and Tropical Battery Series!

eneloop tones chocolat AA-size 1,900mAh Battery 8-Pack | HR-3UTGB-8C ( Japanese Imports )

Some readers may also be interested in the other series of Panasonic/Eneloop batteries (some are availabe via Amazon but the rouge/uomo appear to be sold exclusively in Australia:

A) Panasonic eneloop AAA and AA-size tones glamorous - Pre-charged rechargeable Ni-MH Battery | BK-3MCC/8GL

Panasonic Leopard/Pixie Color Limited Edition (8 BK-3MCC/8GL)

Amazon:

AAA 4 Pack

Panasonic eneloop AAA-size (4-pack) tones glamorous - Pre-charged rechargeable Ni-MH Battery | BK-4MCC/4GL

Panasonic eneloop AAA-size (8-pack) tones glamorous - Pre-charged rechargeable Ni-MH Battery | BK-4MCC/8GL

AA 4 Pack

Panasonic Eneloop AA Limited Edition Tones Glamorous 4 Pack Standard Type Leopard/Pixie Gold/Pixie Silver/Pink BK-3MCC/4GL

AA 8 Pack

Panasonic eneloop AA-size (8-pack) tones glamorous - Pre-charged rechargeable Ni-MH Battery | BK-3MCC/8GL

B) Eneloop Rouge (Red Shades) and Uomo (Blue Shades). Maybe Still Available From Australia

The author declares that No Conflicts Of Interest Exist in the review of this product or any other product mentioned in this review.
on May 8, 2014
These things REALLY hold their Charge! I still get a full charge after using them for about a year (I even have some that are going on 2 years and I get full charge as well!

I am VERY satisfied with these compared to the energizer rechargeable batteries I use to buy! These are great for cameras, flashlights, remotes etc.!

I use them in my Nikon Cool Pix Camera and My Gre 800 Police Scanner and I use these things A LOT! I have recharged these batteries over and over and over again, they don't discharge while sitting waiting to be used.

I love these, I have saved so much money by buying rechargeable batteries!
on September 2, 2012
I use these Eneloops in my bicycle lights. They get everyday use, and I rotate 4 in use and 4 on the charger every couple of days. The batteries work great, no problems at all.

The sparkle color finish is both cool looking and useful for organizing pairs of batteries.

Eneloop should market 4 and/or 8 packs of solid sparkle color AA's (ie. a 4 pack of sparkle Purple AA's, a 4 pack of Blue sparkle AA's). That would be even better.

These batteries look cool, and are easier to organize. Good product.
on December 25, 2012
I have buying a 20-pack of batteries every 2 months but everything needs batteries nowadays: my mouse to the computer, my remote the tv/blu-ray player/cable box, the night light, my flashlight, the Wii controllers, etc. etc. So I like having a good set of rechargeable I can count on. It makes me feel like I am saving the environment some and some $ on the side.
on November 23, 2013
These batteries are a flash photographers best friend. They are super powerful, fast charging, and they don't die near as fast as other Duracell/Energizer regular marketed batteries! Definitely worth the purchase!! I will most definitely be buying more of them!
on August 28, 2014
even though no one sees them ubt me, they're fun and hold a great charge
on February 1, 2015
You can't go wrong with eneloops!