4.0 out of 5 stars For the right situation, it's perfect.
At 950 watts and with a footprint of less than 1 sq ft, this is especially suited for a studio apartment or for a kitchen with limited counter space and a limited number of electric circuits. It's also a true gem to put in a guestroom breakfast bar, or a vacation cottage, if you are lucky enough to have either one. It works well for an elderly relative in assisted...
Published on January 18, 2007 by J. Manly

2.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, poor performance
We bought this toaster oven from Amazon about 6 months ago. We were looking for something that could handle more than a standard toaster but not as complex as a lot of the other toaster ovens (which could practically replace your full sized oven). This space saving design looked ideal. My initial disappointment came when I realized that there wasn't any temperature...
Published on November 2, 2003

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute!, December 5, 2006
M. Swanson (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sanyo SK-7S Space Saving Toasty Oven, Silver (Kitchen)
This toaster is definitely a space saver. There are a few things you need to know to get great food out of it though, for toast I turn the oven on before I get the bread out so that it is at a good temp when I put the slices in. If you want to bake something or toast a baguette sandwich just use the bottom burner. I like how the shelves come out when you open the door, it makes retrieving your food so much easier.

All in all, it takes a few tries to adjust to this toaster oven, but it makes up for the initial awkward period by being so cute and small. I'm very happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crunchy Toast, March 11, 2007
J. Slattery (Shingletown, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sanyo SK-7S Space Saving Toasty Oven, Silver (Kitchen)
The best surprise is the evenly toasted crunchy surface of the toast with just the right amount of moisture left in the center of the bread. I also am very pleased with the design. It looks like a little proofing box for rising dough. Very unique.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it is supposed to do!, January 22, 2007
This review is from: Sanyo SK-7S Space Saving Toasty Oven, Silver (Kitchen)
I have purchased 6 Sanyo Space Saving Toaster Ovens -four toasters for other people that made a point of saying they wished they had one. I like the even toasting, they abiity to make open-face sandwiches, and the ability to toast or heat food with a variety of thicknesses. I own two toasters - one in a vacation rental in Fl and have had several people ask "where they can I get THAT TOASTER". I wish it came in more colors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great space saver., August 12, 2005
This review is from: Sanyo SK-7S Space Saving Toasty Oven, Silver (Kitchen)
This replaced the same model that we used with no problems for over 5 years. We wanted a silver model to match the kitchen appliances. This a great toaster and does an outstanding job toasting nut. Can't beat it for size and usability.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, July 10, 2006
This review is from: Sanyo SK-7S Space Saving Toasty Oven, Silver (Kitchen)
We've had the super toasty for about one month. Very good for our needs. Toasts very well, evenly and quickly. Perfect small size for our counter. Matches well with our black and chrome applicanes.

No temperature setting is the only drawback. But we don't miss that much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sanyo SK-75 Toaster, September 13, 2007
This review is from: Sanyo SK-7S Space Saving Toasty Oven, Silver (Kitchen)
Great toaster, makes bagels just like the bagel shops (crisp on the inside and soft on the outside-assuming you cut the bagel in half of course). Easy to make toast, however, it can only do two large pieces of bread at once, one on each rack. I had to put felt pads under the feet since the feet material made little black marks on my white corian type countertop. Easy to clean crumb catcher - just empty it a lot since it is a simple small pull out tray. DON'T try to take out the racks to put in the dishwasher like the pamphlet says is possible - or your toaster is toasted. We like ours a lot and it is well constructed and doors and racks glide in and out effortlessly. I may buy a couple more for my daughters to use too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toaster with attitude, March 12, 2009
K. Scrocco (Silver Spring, Md. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sanyo SK-7S Space Saving Toasty Oven, Silver (Kitchen)
Other reviewers stated this oven made 'perfect' toast. They were right! Fresh cut Italian bread...beautiful. Muffins...perfect. The timer on the toaster takes a little getting used to, but once you find the right time needed to make the toast the way you like it, it's great. Fits in a small space and actually looks 'cute'. The crumb tray comes out easily and you can choose to use either the whole oven or just one of the three elements provided. The trays pop out when you open the door...no more digging out burnt toast from a regular toaster!

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact & Efficient, January 12, 2009
Koko (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sanyo SK-7S Space Saving Toasty Oven, Silver (Kitchen)
I absolutely LOVE this toaster. It's the 4th one I'm purchasing, and it's not because they break (the original one I purchased 18 years ago still works beautifully) but rather I love it so much that I purchase them as gifts. It takes up less than a square foot of your precious kitchen counter space and it's clean design and roomy interior is perfect for toasting anything from bread to bagels to pigs in a blanket! It's efficient use of volume is perfect without cluttering up your counter...a real bonus in NYC!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sanyo Toasty, December 7, 2008
djcomp2000@aol.com (Wellington, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sanyo SK-7S Space Saving Toasty Oven, Silver (Kitchen)
I have this toaster oven since 2005...it's used daily and have NEVER had a problem with it! I LOVE IT and have recommended it to so many people over the years, because countless guests to our home have asked me about mine. I bought a Sanyo when they first came out about 10 years ago and only got this one in silver because we moved and the old one didnt go with my new kitchen. I gave it to a family member and it STILL WORKS just fine! I highly recommend it because it takes up much less counter space than traditional toaster ovens. It's simple to use & easy to remove what you've cooked--the trays are designed to pop out when opened so you don't burn yourself as well as easy to clean. Toaster ovens are designed for small &/or individual portions. Don't expect to cook a turkey in it :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Sanyo SK-7S Space Saving Toaster Oven, March 17, 2008
This review is from: Sanyo SK-7S Space Saving Toasty Oven, Silver (Kitchen)
I love this Toaster as a toaster. It fits on my small counter just great and that is what I was looking for. As a toaster oven it's not that great. If you want a toaster oven that heats frozen pizzas, or other frozen items this is not for you. The timing is to unpredictable.

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›