This flip style phone follows in the footsteps of other rugged clamshell Sanyo phones like the SCP-7050 and PRO-700, adding 2-megapixel camera, memory card slot and music player. This cell phone features a tough outer shell with rubber sidings that protect it against dust, shock, vibration, extreme temperatures, rain, and submersion up to 1 meter deep. This rugged cell phone is also equipped with 3G data, MP3 music player, and Bluetooth compatibility. **This phone does not require a data plan for use** This used product is in good cosmetic condition, it reflects moderate use, and displays some scratches and/or blemishes. This product has been carefully audited, is certified to be 100% functional, and ready for activation.
Designed to stand up to the harshest environments with military-grade toughness, the versatile, 3G-enabled Sanyo Taho meets Military Specifications 810G for dust, shock, vibration, extreme temperatures, blowing rain and immersion. Perfect for rugged outdoor work, this clamshell handset supports applications including Sprint Navigation and Sprint Family Locator.
The Taho's ergonomic shape is covered in a non-slip Dura-Grip texture to ensure a solid grip, and it as both a 2-inch QVGA internal display and 1-inch monochrome external display. It supports autonomous GPS and Java multitasking for third-party location-based services. For workplace or family settings, the Taho can restrict incoming and outgoing voice calls with password protection, disable both the camera and Web access, and lock the phone's GPS functionality on so the phone's location can always be tracked.
When the worksite is in the rearview mirror, you can entertain yourself with web browsing, Sprint TV, and music features. Capture pictures and videos on the fly with 2.0-megapixel camera/camcorder and store photos, documents, music files, and more on optional microSD memory cards up to 32 GB in size (a 1 GB card is included).
Other features include Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, support for web-based personal e-mail services, multimedia player, and up to 6.1 hours of talk time.
Meets rugged military standards--perfect for tough outdoor work sites.
External display for current time and incoming calls.
Key Features and Specifications
- Fast 3G connectivity thanks to Sprint's EV-DO, Rev 0 network
- GPS using Sprint Navigation for turn by turn directions, and points of interest searches, plus autonomous GPS and Java multi-tasking.
- Meets rugged Military Standard 810G standards for dust, shock, vibration, temperature extremes, blowing rain. and immersion. It's immersible for up to 30 minutes in up to one meter (3.28 feet) of water.
- 2-inch internal color display (240 x 320 pixels; 262K color depth) with 1-inch external monochrome display for viewing incoming calls, current time, and more.
- Standard alpha-numeric keypad
- 2-megapixel camera/camcorder with digital zoom and dedicated side button.
- Multimedia player for audio (AAC/AAC+/MP3/WMA) and video (H.263/MPEG4/WMV) playback.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profiles--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB (1 GB card included).
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text (with threaded view) and MMS picture/video
- Mobile web browser (WAP 2.0)
- Organizer tools including voice memo recorder, alarm clock, calendar, to-do list, calculator, stopwatch, countdown timer, and world clock
- Speaker-independent voice-activated dialing
- Bilingual user interface (English and Spanish)
- TTY compatible
- Hearing aid compatible (M4/T4 rating)
The Sanyo Taho weighs 4.7 ounces and measures 4 x 2 x 0.9 inches. Its 1050 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6.1 hours (366 minutes) of talk time. It runs on the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. 0 frequencies.
What's in the Box
Sanyo Taho handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 1 GB microSD card, quick start guide
Broadband-like 3G network: Supporting the EV-DO Rev. A high-speed data standard, this phone enables you to download and stream high-quality video, straight onto your phone. Where coverage is available, EV-DO Rev. A connectivity provides average download speeds ranging from 400 to 700 Kbps, with peak rates up to 2 Mbps.
GPS capable with Sprint Navigation: This GPS-enabled phone provides optional access to Sprint Navigation for driving directions on your mobile phone--by voice and onscreen. Along the way, turn-by-turn directions will be announced in a clear voice and displayed on your phone. For example, Sprint Navigation will say, "Go 1.2 miles and turn right on Elm Street." As you approach the turn, you will hear, "Turn right on Elm Street." Sprint Navigation also provides proactive traffic alerts with one click re-routing. And it's easy to find restaurants, banks, cafes, hotels and more from over 10 million points of interest across the U.S.
Sprint Family Locator: Locate family members anytime, anywhere from your phone or the Web without disturbing their activities. With Family Locator, you can locate your kids with interactive mapping, automatic Safety Check and a secure texting feature. Sprint TV enabled:
With Sprint TV, you can make your cell phone your always-on source for news, weather, sports and more. This comprehensive video service combines high-quality streaming audio and video from channels including the NFL Network, ABC, The Weather Channel, Fox Sports, E!, CNN, The Discovery Channel, and more.