5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny
Published on December 22, 2007 by hdtravel

3.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is.
I bought this for my recent trip and bought it with the Exacti 2. PROS It came as expected and on time. MINUS It doesn't allow the camera to float even a little to give you a chance to grab it. RECOMMENDATION Buy, you need a good strap and use it.
Published on January 9, 2009 by TOMTOM

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny, December 22, 2007
This review is from: Sanyo VCP-STB1 Water Leash for Sanyo E1 Waterproof Camcorders (Electronics)
I purchased this little gem to take with me on our Thanksgiving trip to Cancun. This was the first time I had taken my new Sanyo Xacti VPC-E1 to the beach. This strap was priceless. It let me keep a good hold onto the camera while snorkeling and once over a deep section of water I lost my grip on the strap and the camera floated to the surface. Without this strap it would have sunk like a rock and I probably would have lost my amazing camera. The camera will sink without this strap which has a small float built into the strap. I highly recommend this item if you are taking your Xacti into open water for snorkeling or swimming. Very well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for snorkeling, February 14, 2008
The wrist strap gave us total peace of mind while we were snorkeling. The Sanyo Xacti VPC-E1 camcorder is only waterproof to a depth of 1.5m, so dropping it in deeper water could mean ruining the camera, even if it could be retrieved.

The rubbery loop attachment, criticised in an earlier review, serves it's purpose extremely well. It ensures that the strap can be easily removed from the camera for rinsing and drying and then easily replaced again. The velcro fastening is secure and comfortable. I would highly recommend the strap for anyone involved in water sports.

UPDATE: I'm not sure if Sanyo altered the design of the wrist strap after the earlier review which stated that it kept the E1 afloat when dropped. But I doubt that my strap would keep the E1 (or the E2) afloat (However, I have not tested that theory!). But I would still give the wrist strap 5 stars. I have used it several more times since I wrote the review and have been grateful to have it - especially when I was knocked off my feet by a large wave and the E1 stayed securely attached to my wrist!

4.0 out of 5 stars Note: E1 only!, March 26, 2009
Folks: The more recent model - the E2 - is only one ounce heavier, but there is no leash (this or the Ebay one) that will float it.

Jim

3.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is., January 9, 2009
TOMTOM (San Antonio, TX USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as designed, September 12, 2008
Not much to talk about here, other than this product works as designed. It holds the camera and it stay on my arm with the velcro strap. The only thing that bothers me is I wish the strap were a little longer so I could velcro it around my arm when I'm tubing and still be able to paddle with my hands in the water without the camera getting wet or dragged along in the water.
That's just with tubing though... other situations like the beach or boating, this thing is great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for the Xacti VPC-WH1, June 9, 2009
The leash was recommended when I purchased my Sanyo Xacti VPC-WH1. However, when I received the product, I realized that it was made for the upright Xacti models. Though I just attached the leash to the camera's strap, it would've been helpful to know ahead of time that this product was not made for the VPC-WH1.

Otherwise, it worked well with the workaround.

1.0 out of 5 stars Design Flaw, December 19, 2010
I purchased the Sanyo H2O Leash to go along with the Sanyo VPC-CA102 Xacti camcorder/camera I purchased and the leash was a recommended accessory by Amazon and I also checked the Sanyo website prior to purchasing the leash. The H2O leash does not fit the upgraded version of the camera even though it states so on the Sanyo website.

4.0 out of 5 stars It does what is says on the tin ..., January 14, 2011
It's a leash.
It fits.
It's comfortable.
It could/can be used with anything that has a suitable place to attach it.
It's robustly made.

All that being said - it's not as good as a strap on the camera itself. The 'leash' idea doesn't make a lot of sense as the camera is just ... swinging.

So - Product is good, concept is not so good.

BTW: The camera itself ... GREAT video ... super zoom ... very sturdy - near indestructable in normal use ... odd video format ... TERRIBLE photos. Recommended if you don't want to take photos and want video a bit better than your phone allows, or video in a place where you wouldn't bring your phone (beach, pool, etc.).

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied, June 24, 2009
Mary Capps (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
I'm very satisfied with this camcorder. For the price its a nice one. I haven't had the chance to get to work with everything that it does but I will eventually. I have shot a video with it and downloaded it to my computer and it looks great. The sound level could be louder but once downloaded the sound is good. Not too small or large. Has good weight to it. Doesn't feel cheap at all. Amazon shipped it right on time frame they promised. You will be happy with it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, October 8, 2009
The wrist wrap is great. It's very comfortable and strong.
The cord is a little too inflexible, so when I attach it to my camera, the larks head knot won't tighten down, so it stays as a pretty big loop.
Also, the cord is rubber, so my guess is that sooner or later a sharp edge will nick it, and it will fail
In my opinion, they should have chosen a better material for the cord.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›