4.0 out of 5 stars Not that bad if you get it for cheap
Published 21 months ago by gash

3.0 out of 5 stars mixed bag
This phone has a lot of potential, but seems to fall short of it more times than not.

Pros
-inexpensive
-large, high res display for a budget phone
-lightweight
-solidly built
-android 2.1 (as opposed to 1.6 for the cricket wireless version)
-good call quality

Cons
-phone seems laggy, even for physical buttons...
Published on November 6, 2010 by J. Watkins

3.0 out of 5 stars mixed bag, November 6, 2010
J. Watkins (Baltimore, MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sanyo Zio Android Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)

Pros
-inexpensive
-large, high res display for a budget phone
-lightweight
-solidly built
-android 2.1 (as opposed to 1.6 for the cricket wireless version)
-good call quality

Cons
-phone seems laggy, even for physical buttons
-screen is supposedly "capacitive", yet hard taps are required to operate it, especially near the sides (which are slightly curved)
-screen sometimes lags when swiping, even with very few apps running
-physical buttons are placed too low on the phone
-no multitouch when browsing
-not much internal memory
-details are sketchy about 2.2 upgrade
-low speaker volume
-battery life (but what smartphone doesn't have this issue?)
-doesn't seem to support live walpapers

I know I have more cons than pros, but the phone itself is respectable, even moreso the further you can get below the $100 (subsidized) price point. Most of the negatives have to do with the UI, but once you've started your app, the sound and display are satisfactory.

1.0 out of 5 stars Should never have been sold, February 8, 2012
This review is from: Sanyo Zio Android Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
My wife has had this phone for over a year now. Quite simply, it sucks.

The screen may be pretty and the phone may be light but these things are outweighed by the fact that:

* The user interface is laggy when performing simple tasks.
* The touchscreen sensitivity is horrible.
* Ending a call requires pushing the End Call button several times and then waiting.

And that's just out of the box. At this point:

* The phone freezes hard or reboots almost every day.
* The inertial sensor goes nuts making a simple game unplayable.
* A software bug has gone unfixed by Sprint for a year. In certain neighborhoods we have to pull the battery to stop a mysterious ringing sound.

1.0 out of 5 stars ZIO is junk, July 17, 2011
This review is from: Sanyo Zio Android Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I hate this phone. I can not keep apps turned off even after I force stop it!
Drains my wimpy battery.

It has way to much going on and is not easily acessable with many things I need.
It will start doing its own thing often by shutting down, moving the screen around, locking up for no reason.

The buttons on the side are in the worst place. I can not tell you how many times I am talking to someone and I hit the camera button and my phone drops the call. and the volume buttons are the same. There should not be buttons where you hold the thing.

Can not uninstall some programs. I have 2 GPS on this stupid thing and I can not force stop either or uninstall. All it allows me to unistall are updates. AND NEITHER are easy to use and do not function correctly. It always shows me in another state!

The touch on it does not always work and I am really missing my qwerty keypad. It takes me so long to type in a simple word because hitting these itty bitty close numbers and letters and the enter is in a bad spot. I try to hit the period and hit enter and it loads when im not done and have to start over on a 5 min text. It also lags bad on typing which sucks.

Anyway I have more but this will do. I will not keep this phone 2 years definetly. it is not worth the aggravation! Do not waste your money.

Only 1 real positive thing I can say is it takes a good pic. Got some nice butt shots somehow with a touch lock. go figure.

I give it negative stars if I could

4.0 out of 5 stars Not that bad if you get it for cheap, July 10, 2012
This review is from: Sanyo Zio Android Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
i purchased this phone as a replacement for my ZTE score that i dropped in the water. I paid 30 for it and i havent really had any issues with it. My ZTE was more high end and faster, but this phone didnt freeze up and shut off like my ZTE did. The touch screen does take some getting used to (typing on the small keyboard is a nightmare, i keep hitting the wrong letter and i try to hit delete and i keep hitting more letters lol) but otherwise is a nice phone if u can get it cheap enough. Speakers sound better than my ZTE and battery life is way better. The camera is decent. This would be a good replacement phone. I dont recommend paying more than 40 for this phone. If you shop around you could get a higher end phone for a little more. DO NOT get a sanyo zio for cricket. They still cant activate my phone without giving me a whole different account at my expense.

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of ......., April 3, 2012
This review is from: Sanyo Zio Android Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I got this phone as my first "smart phone" almost a year ago. I wish I would have taken it back asap! It freezes, it lags, apps will NOT stay off. Keyboard was difficult to use...especially attempting to text. The on screen keyboard is more often than not a bitch. The letters on the top row seem to be the hardest to hit. Even though i have small hands/fingers....i still have issue. LOW battery life. Chronic charging has made it worse...but then again, i had NO choice!
Though the phone was free, i wish i would have spent a few hundred and gotten a phone that was actually USEFUL!
Have to use the "app killer" a MILLION times a day just to maintain any sort of battery.
And if you have to use the number pad while on the phone, it's ridiculous!
I've owned some piss poor phones in my life, but this is BY FAR the WORST phone ever!
Do yourself a favor and buy BUY something else! Keacera Sanyo Zio is NOT GOOD!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Sanyo ZERO, March 2, 2012
This review is from: Sanyo Zio Android Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
i only gave the phone a star because there is a "no star" rating
THIS PHONE IS A POS SIMPLY PUT. I HAVE HAD IT FOR A YEAR AND IT HAS BEEN REPLACED 3 TIMES BY SPRINT AND EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THESE PHONES HAS ITS OWN SET OF PROBLEMS.
- SCREEN CONTINUPUSLY WENT BLANK FOR NO REASON ONLY WAY TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM IS TO PULL THE BATTERY AT LEAST 3 TIMES A DAY AND THATS IS BEING GENEROUS
- THE ENTIRE PHONE FREEZES INTERNET, HOMESCREEN, VOLUME, ETC.
- WONT LET ME UNLOCK THE PHONE (LET IT BE KNOWN THAT ITS JUST THE SLIDE BAR) MUSIC WONT PLAY WITH AUX CABLE IN
-GAMES AND APPS FREEZE UP AND EVENTUALLY HAVE TO EITHER FORCE CLOSE OR SHUT DOWN THE PHONE
-ETC,ETC,ETC
THIS IS A PERFECT PHONE...IF YOU ONLY WANT TO TAKE HORRIBLE PICTURES AND VIDEO

1.0 out of 5 stars What a P.O.C.!!!, February 1, 2012
This review is from: Sanyo Zio Android Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
My phone stays on life support...slow, freezes up, unresponsive screen...I can't stand this phone. That emergency dialer??? *SCREAM* I have to take my battery out just to get out of emergency dialer. I'd take a hammer to it if I didn't need it. What a P.O.C.!!! My old RAZR didn't act like this. I am buying an iPhone this morning. I'm joining the Apple/Mac bandwagon this month!

2.0 out of 5 stars horrible phone, July 1, 2011
This review is from: Sanyo Zio Android Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
This phone is horrible!! I can't type "P"button in keyboard which placed on side.

-PROS
light and slim design
track ball
cheap

-CONS
slow
freeze a lot
hard to type
can't open picture from iphone user.
they dont have many case for this phone, guy in mall even dont know this phone(!)
low battery life
no flash in camera

1.0 out of 5 stars WORST PHONE EVER!!!!!!, July 27, 2013
This review is from: Sanyo Zio Android Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I Hate this phone soo much!!!!! I cant believe this is actually considered a smartphone!!! Its the stupidest piece of junk ever. When youre in the middle of a text it will shut down. The keyboard is terrible you cant even type a single word without the phone putting the wrong letter. The memory on this phone also stinks. I ONLY HAVE TWO APPS and it tells me i have little disk space. Instagram does not work on this phone that well. It always turns off and you cant post any pictures.Literally the worst phone ive ever owned. O yea and to get apps like instagram to start working you need to take out the battery .Also you cant delete any of the apps that came with the phone.
Pros:Nothing

1.0 out of 5 stars Should be recalled, April 23, 2013
This review is from: Sanyo Zio Android Phone (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
This phone is terrible. I bought it because of the price and the android operating system, but it is definitely not worth it. It has had a lot of problems but I tried to overlook them. Now it randomly stopped working all-together. It won't turn on or charge. For sure, do not get this phone.

ARRAY(0xb02ab078)

Sanyo Zio Android Phone (Sprint)
Click for more info