From the Manufacturer
Gamers never compromise.
Never settle for less with SAPPHIRE's HD 7970 Vapor-X 6GB OC Edition graphics card. Driven by the power of AMD's next-generation 28-nm GCN architecture and 6GB of memory, you can take your settings to the max, devastate your enemies and witness absurdly high frame rates—DirectX 11 has never looked this good. Pair all this raw power with SAPPHIRE's Vapor-X technology and you have a blazing fast ticket to experience gaming like never before - all at cool temperatures and with low noise. OC Editions are factory overclocked right out of the box – maximize your performance even more, using TriXX, SAPPHIRE’s exclusive overclocking tool. TriXX allows tuning of GPU voltage as well as core and memory clocks, while continuously displaying temperature.
1 x Dual-Link DVI
1 x HDMI (with 3D)
2 x Mini-DisplayPort
1 x Single-Link DVI-D
CrossFire Bridge Interconnect Cable
8 PIN to 4 PIN Power Cable
DVI to VGA Adapter
8-PIN to 4 PIN x2 Power Cable
HDMI 1.4a high speed 1.8 meter cable
Mini Display Port to SL-DVI Active dongle
10.8(L)x 4.5(W)x 2.0(H)inches
2.5 x slot
Innovation for over 11 years!
SAPPHIRE Technology is a manufacturer and global supplier of graphics cards since 2001 and has consistently been the worldwide market leader with its graphics products.
SAPPHIRE HD 7970 Vapor-X 6GB OC
- VaporX Technology: Innovative Vapor-X cooling technology allows products to run not only cooler but also much quieter.
- OC Edition: factory overclocked out of the box
- TriXX exclusive overclocking software - overclock without voiding the warranty.
- AMD HD Media Accelerator: Optimize and dramatically improve video playback on your computer by taking advantage of hardware video acceleration from your AMD Radeon GPU. With full 3D stereoscopic decode you can enjoy it all in 3D. AMD HD Media Accelerator speeds up the decode of one 1080p and one 1080i HD video streams simultaneously by hardware, and the new hardware encodes/transcoder processes your media content faster than ever!generation of LCD monitors.
- AMD App Acceleration: Technologies designed to improve video quality and enhance application performance.
- AMD Eyefinity 2.0 featuring stereo 3D-multi-display stereoscopic 3D support via DisplayPort 16K X 16K maximum display group resolution-output up to 268 megapixels per GPU. Perfect for powering HD displays.
The SAPPHIRE HD 7970 6GB Vapor-X Edition shares many of the features of the recently announced industry-leading Vapor-X Edition. SAPPHIRE’s innovative Vapor-X cooling technology allows products to run not only cooler but also much quieter. A Vapor-X product means a virtually silent gaming experience and more headroom to explore performance tweaking! On its standard settings, the SAPPHIRE HD 7970 6GB Vapor-X Edition runs at 1000 MHz and with PowerTune Dynamic Boost rises to 1050 MHz on the engine with the memory clock at 6000 MHz effective. When the Dual BIOS button is operated, the core clock speed is raised to 1050 MHz with PowerTune Dynamic Boost to 1100 MHz on the engine. The fan profile and PowerTune limit is also changed to performance settings. In addition, users will be able to individually tune the card with SAPPHIRE TriXX, the company’s free to download software tool that allows key parameters to be adjusted for maximum performance.