The new SAPPHIRE HD 7800 series of graphics cards is based on the third family of GPU's from AMD built in its new 28nm process and featuring the highly acclaimed GCN graphics processing architecture. The SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition OC, factory-overclocked to 1050 MHz engine and effective 5000 MHz memory, offers superior performance than standard models. It is equipped with SAPPHIRE's new dual-extractor technology - Dual-X - a highly efficient multi-heatpipe cooler with dual fans providing quiet and very cool operation during normal operating conditions, and superb cooling performance even under extreme load.
From the Manufacturer
Serious Gaming Starts here! The NEW SAPPHIRE HD7870 GHZ Edition.
The new SAPPHIRE HD 7800 series of graphics cards is based on the third family of GPU's from AMD built in its new 28nm process and featuring the highly acclaimed GCN graphics processing architecture. The Sapphire HD 7870 GHz Edition is equipped with 2GB of the latest GDDR5 memory clocked at 1200MHz (4.8Gb/s effective) with the new dual-extractor technology - Dual-X - a highly efficient multi-heatpipe cooler with dual fans providing quiet and very cool operation during normal operating conditions and superb cooling performance even under extreme load.
The HD 7870 series is the third generation of DirectX 11 compatible solutions from the graphics division of AMD - formerly ATI. The SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition is ready for DirectX 11.1 and the new Windows 8 operating system as well as delivering all the features of the current DirectX 11 such as DirectCompute11 and multi threaded communications with the CPU. Communiaction with the host PC is optimised with the implementation of the latest high speed PCI-Express Gen3.0 interface, and multiple cards can be used to further enhance performance in CrossFireX mode on a suitably specified mainboard.
HDMI output includes a fast HDMI 1.4a Stereoscopic 3D port with enhanced frame rates of 60Hz per eye - 120Hz total. It is also ready for the next generation of 4K displays.
APP Acceleration is the name given to the enhanced performance of a wide range of applications using the stream processing capabilities and specific hardware features of the graphics architecture. The HD 7870 GHz Edition has been optimised for this type of task. Typical applications include Video encoding and decoding, compression and multiplexing for media distribution, gaming or video conferencing. APP acceleration can also enhance everyday tasks such as Internet browsing, Office applications and the file compression with supported software suites.
Innovation for over 11 years!
SAPPHIRE Technology is a manufacturer and global supplier of graphics cards since 2001 and has consistently been the worldwide market leader with its graphics products.
SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHZ Edition
- AMD Radeon GPU running at 1GHz Core Clock.
- 2GB of 256-bit GDDR5 running effectively @ 4800MHz
- Dual-X Cooling. Dual-X is a highly efficient multi-heatpipe cooler with dual fans that provide quiet and very cool operation even under extreme load.
- HDMI with 3D. Support for Deep Color, 7.1 High Bitrate Audio, and 3D Stereoscopic, ensuring the highest quality Blu-ray and video experience possible from your PC.
- 2 Mini Display Ports. Enjoy the benefits of the latest generation display interface, DisplayPort. With the ultra high HD resolution, the graphics card ensures that you are able to support the latest generation of LCD monitors.
- Accessories included: DVI to VGA Adapter, Mini-DP to DP Cable, 6 PIN to 4 PIN Power Cable x 2, HDMI to SL-DVI Adapter (Full Retail SKU only), HDMI 1.4a high speed 1.8 meter cable (Full Retail SKU only), Driver CD and quick start manual.