|Graphics Coprocessor||Radeon HD 7970|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||3 GB|
Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC 3GB DDR5 HDMI/DVI-I/Dual Mini DP PCI-Express Graphics Card 11197-01-40G
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 1 x Dual-Link DVI
- 1 x HDMI
- 2 x Mini-DisplayPort
- DisplayPort 1.2
- AMD HD3D Technology
- PCI Express 3.0
- AMD Eyefinity 2.0
- Enhanced Multi-GPU Capabilities
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
- Supports 4K resolution displays (4096 x 2160 through Fast HDMI) or 4096 x 2160 (DisplayPort). The card ships with a Fast HDMI cable, which means it is ready for 4K displays out of the box.
- 1x miniDisplay Port to Display-Port adapter (if you need to connect it to a Display Port LCD/LED screen)
- 1x HDMI-to-DVI Adapter
- 1x Active MiniDisplay Port to DVI adapter ($30 value) -- this is required to drive 3 screens (1920x1080P) in Eyefinity out of the box. Almost none of the other HD7970s ship with an Active DP adapter.
- 1x DVI-to-VGA Adapter
- 1x Crossfire connector
- 1x 8-pin and 1x 6-pin power adapter - so this card will work even with older power supplies still using 2x6-pin PCI Express Connectors
- Videocard supports DX11.1, which introduces Target Independent Rasterization (TIR). This is supposed to accelerate 2D graphics desktop speed in Windows 8 (Google "Microsoft details Windows 8's improved graphics performance"
- The card takes up 2.5 slots as the cooling shroud slightly protrudes beyond 2 slots
- Length: 270mm for the PCB, ~286mm with the plastic fan shroud (11.26")
Performance and temperatures:
- The card comes factory clocked at 950mhz BIOS 1 and 1000mhz BIOS 2, with memory at 5700/5800MHz, respectively.
- My card had an ASIC of 71%, with a stock voltage of 1.174V
- Overclocks on stock voltage to 1150mhz, VRM temperatures in HWInfo64 never exceed 100*C at these settings
- At 1150mhz @ 1.174V, the GPU temperature hovers between 71-76*C with fan speeds varying from 51-63%, respectively. At these levels it is still very quiet for a high-end GPU.Read more ›
I had a 7970 reference card by Sapphire, and I loved it. It did run extremely hot, at around 85 degrees C at 1175/1575. I had to set the fan at around 65% at that temperature and the sound and heat was just too annoying for gaming for more than 10 minutes. I considered buying an aftermarket cooler for around $80 which was reviewed to be excellent, although a tad on the larger side, and extremely tedious to install. I own an Antec 900 case, so combination of putting in another $80 with $579 original 7970 price, amount of work required and the smaller case size put me off buying the cooler. I returned my reference card and switched to this one.
The Sapphire Dual-X card is absolutely amazing. Although the GTX 680 is reviewed to be slightly better than the 7970 in a few categories, it is important to remember that the 7970 has a larger advantage in higher resolutions. This isn't to say that the 7970 is bad at 1920 x 1080. The performance of this card is ridiculous even when overclocked to around 1125/1575, which is the max in CCC, and can reach that clock at stock voltage. However, if you would wish to OC it higher, using other programs such as MSI afterburner and Trixx easily suffice.
Another amazing feature this card offers is its Dual Bios.Read more ›
I inserted them into my Sabertooth X-79 2011 board and they blocked every slot. No sound card, revo SSD, nothing can fit, not even a network card. Make sure you are aware of this or buy an extended board before you purchase more than 1.
This isn't exactly a con because it was something I thought might be an issue, but with no actual dimensions for the depth of the card, it was impossible to know without actually buying them because very few have crossfired 7970's, let alone these exact model. This is something that should have been clearly stated somewhere and it will cost me a couple weeks of returning the other parts that now wont fit and I now have to repurpose from other sources/models.
Overall the cards are amazing, crossfire is a little buggy but I'm not too worried. 5760x1080 Battlefield 3 @ 55 fps? Easily. Great cards. Just needed more info on the product page.
After scouring the reviews, I decided that I would get a GTX 680, even though I was uncomfortable with the 2 GB of VRAM (I game at 2560x1600). The reason I was a little doubtful was that when I tracked VRAM usage in Skyrim with all my HD mods, I frequently utilized all of the 3 GB of VRAM on the 7970. Despite these misgivings, I settled down to wait for a GTX 680 to pop up.
THEN I had a chance to get a Sapphire Dual-X 7970 OC for four hundred thirty dollars. I had read good reviews on the Sapphire 7970, and was impressed with the overclocks that reviewers were able to get on them. I decided to take a chance on the Sapphire over the GTX 680, since it was nearly a hundred less than what I could get a 680 for.
So far, I'm very glad I took the plunge. The OC I'm getting on the card I got is amazing! I can play Skyrim at 1270 on the core and 1700 on the VRAM (at 1.2 volts) with no problems. And I haven't even pushed it to the max yet to see how high I can go! At these speeds, I think I'm getting better performance than an overclocked GTX 680 would provide. To top it off, the Sapphire cooler is both quieter AND cooler than the MSI Lightning cooler. Max temps with my MSI were about 70 C in game, but I haven't ever hit above 65 C with my Sapphire yet.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Nice small overclock and software for tweaking clock. With those features you get more FPS in the winter and nice BSODs in the summer. Read morePublished 20 months ago by z33ky4rch3r
I OC this card to 1250 / 1700 with high volt and its never go over 80c and always stable i LOVE IT and i am going to buy another soonPublished on March 10, 2013 by mohammed
very nice card, no problems at all, runs on default clock and runs all games full capacity, BF3, Crysis 3 and all games i have so far have gotten full speed on this. Read morePublished on February 24, 2013 by David War
Nice and very good materials. This is a product that I was dreem to get in my thinks. Thank you.-Published on January 13, 2013 by Gabriel A. Luna
as a longtime gamer and heavy programmer , this card is huge
silent , great performance , best FPS for most games
im playing all flight simulators with it - Falcon BMS ,... Read more
This card is everything I wanted right out of the box, Fast, quiet, and so far no limit to anything I've run on it, need a new monitor now, 1680x1050 just doesn't do it justice!! Read morePublished on October 31, 2012 by Builder
Very cool, great overclock, so much better then my old GTX 580. AMD drivers could be a little better. Read morePublished on October 21, 2012 by WCRF