5.0 out of 5 stars Good stable card
Used this card to build my first gaming PC. Simple to install, runs cool (but just a bit loud, but thats expected with 2 fans), and plays all the new games on ultra/maxed out. The card looks awesome in the case, too. It is very big, so make sure you check the dimensions to make sure it'll fit before you buy it.
Published 23 months ago by Sammy

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed after 6 months
Published 13 months ago by debushau

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stable card, January 16, 2013
Sammy (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 1GB DDR5 HDMI/DVI-I/DVI-D/DP PCI-Express Graphics Card 11200-16-20G (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Placed in an AMD A-10 mobo - it is dynamite, March 31, 2013
This Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 1GB DDR5 video card, I found to my delight, links its graphics processing power to that of the 7660D video part of the AMD A-10 APU (advanced processing unit). This is BIG.

To my surprise I rated my home build PC which used an MSI ATX motherboard and the A10 APU and found that Windows rated the Graphics and Gamings both at 7.9! Previously on this rig I had used an AMD HD 6770 graphics card which did not link with the APU. It used to give just a 7.3 Graphics and Gaming score.

Of course, this HD 7850 card costs a good US $80 more than my previous card, but heck it don't get much better than this for under two bills for a graphics card.

When I install an AMD Radeon card I don't install the drivers on the CD that came with it. I right click on the empty part of the screen, select resolution, set it closer to my screens size, then bring up the AMD website in my browser, navigate to support, select the driver part, specify the card, and download AMD software and driver.

The updating part is trouble-free. AMD is good about that, in my experience. It should auto-detect the native resolution of your monitor. If not, it's easy to find where to manually adjust it.

And the AMD software will allow you do to other things like overclock.

I haven't noticed any increase in my case temperature since the install. In fact, I'm thinking about buying another of these HD 7850 Sapphire cards for another of my home-built PCs which uses an Intel I3-2125 which can use four virtual cores and is nearly as powerful as some of the I5 CPUs.

That rig is in a Mini ITX CoolerMaster case so I was worried about heat buildup. I think it may turn out OK there, too.

I think this is a fantastic card when coupled with the A10 APU from AMD. RECOMMENDED.

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed after 6 months, November 20, 2013
I bought this a few months ago to replace an aging GPU in an older system to that I could run Borderlands 2 and Bioshock 3. It's not a large card by modern standards and I really can't hear it in my case. The performance jump was okay but it's a low end card so what can I expect. What I don't like is that I'm starting to get artifacts on my screen and after a little research it seems that it's not uncommon for Sapphire Radeon's to fail like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to beat for the price, May 21, 2013
Runs cool and does a respectable job running newer games. Won't quite max out new titles at 1080 resolution, but for the price point with a mail-in and the 3 game bundle it came with, this is a very good deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Games promotion?, February 19, 2013
I ordered this card on Feb 8 it is now the 19th and I have not yet recieved any email on the promised two games in the promotion. I double checked and the card is in the list of products that the promotion is for and at check out it stated promotion add.

One of the main reasons I orded this card was for the two games in the promotion and had looked forwarded to playing tem on this card. I understand that the game release is not until march (two different dates) but I am worried that I have been scamed. I quess I will return the card if I do not recieve feedback on the promotion before the 30 days run out.

I have not open this package yet but I have the same card in another machine and it works great. Runs all games. Not as good as my 660 TI Nvidia but is a better price to performance card. If running at high resolutions you might want to consider the 2 GB VRAM version of this card.

UPDATE: I guess I should have read the fine print. It stated 7 to 10 business days. I just recieved an email from them with info on how to connect to AMD site for codes. Games code are not available yet and will have to wait until relase dates, but good to have the confromation. Looks like I will crossfire this with my other one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good card, April 3, 2014
Used this card to build a gaming PC. Runs cool and does a respectable job running newer games. I Would highly recommend this buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, June 17, 2013
Item as described. Packaged GREAT. I wanted to wait a bit before I rated this to see if it would last, and it's done GREAT. So, I trust this seller, personally. Would use again. Thanks for the pleasant transaction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome graphics card, June 12, 2013
Matt (Windham, ME, United States) - See all my reviews
This graphics card was a huge upgrade for my aging gaming PC (6 years old now). It doesn't make it a brand new PC, but pretty close. I am able to set the graphics settings much higher, and run all of my games at 1920x1080 without issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars I dont hate it, May 4, 2013
Let me first say super fast shipping, next this is a pretty nice card for the money when its on sale, im sure everybody looked at benchmarks and whatnot online already so i wont go into that. It plays bioshock infinite and skyrim ect on high settings and gets vary playable fps. The only thing i want to say is that i couldn't get afterburner to let me adjust the card voltage. But sapphire trixx works wary well with the voltage unlocked. I didnt go the overclock route, i undervolted my card to 1.00v idle temp is 29 degrees Celsius, full load with msi kombuster gpu burn in test is 69 degrees Celsius. Also i got my key for the two free games about four days after i got my card in the mail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, April 9, 2013
Good deal for the money with the free games. Fast and relatively quiet. It's also good on power and is shorter than my old 6850 while being faster and using less power. Good job Sapphire.