Format: Paperback
I can't tell you how excited I was to get my hands on this book! I loved the first book in the series, The Emerald Talisman, and the second book did not disappoint! The Sapphire Talisman had me hooked from the get go. The story picks up with Julia and Nicholas trying to have as 'normal' a life as possible after the events at the end of the last book. Normalcy doesn't come easy for them considering Nicholas is a vampire slayer and half vampire himself and Julia is an empath and a MAJOR vamp magnet! However, the two of them are taking advantage of this lull in vamp activity and enjoying spending time together. But like all good things... it must come to an end. It doesn't take long for evil to rear is vampiric head or for Julia to draw it right to them! An old enemy has returned and Julia and Nicholas are once again thrust into another round of good vs. evil. The stakes are higher this time and the lines become blurred between the two sides in a jaw-dropping kinda way! I was super-excited to see some of my favorite characters from The Emerald Talisman make a return in this book. I won't spoil the surprise and tell you who returns, but I will say that one in particular was completely unexpected and 100% AWESOME!!! Brenda definitely keeps you guessing this time. The plot is full of twist and turns and 'I can't believe that just happened' kind of moments. The pace was quick and there was no lack of action or suspense. The characters, especially Julia, did some growing up in this book and we learned some valuable family history concerning both Julia and Nicholas. The characters also showed more depth, which allowed a greater connection with them while reading. The ending offered closure to some pretty big questions, leaving me satisfied. But like all good series, new questions arise that can only be answered in the final Talisman Series installment titled, The Onyx Talisman- which is due out in late 2011! Kudos to Brenda for writing another edge of your seat thriller that will have you swooning and biting your nails at the same time! If you haven't read this book yet.... What are you waiting for?
on May 18, 2011
Format: Kindle Edition
I found the The Sapphire Talisman to be much better in almost every way than the first book of this series. The plot was better and more exciting and the characters were more interesting. We get to know Julia much better in this one and I like her. She's strong, brave and caring for her friends and family. Her love for Nicholas makes much more sense and their relationship is more realistic. BUT, I don't like what happens to him. That's not a fault or flaw of the book - that's just how the story goes. I just wished better for him. I hope he pulls out of it because if he doesn't, I'm afraid I won't like him. Pandos did a much better job on this one in all regards and I look forward to reading the last book of the trilogy.
on January 2, 2011
Format: Paperback
After reading The Emerald Talisman, I've been eagerly awaiting The Sapphire Talisman, the sequel, because I couldn't wait to see what would happen next to Julia and Nicholas. Thankfully, when I finally did get the chance to read The Sapphire Talisman, it turned out to be everything I was expecting and even more. It was seriously even better than its prequel, something that doesn't usually happen that often in series.

The Sapphire Talisman continues shortly after The Emerald Talisman left off. Julia and Nicholas' secret relationship is better than ever and everything has mostly returned back to normal. Though, soon enough, everything turns upside down once again when Alora makes yet another grand appearance. This time she's meaner than ever, and promises to wreck not only Julia and Nicholas' relationship, but the characters themselves. Will they fight back and win? Will secrets be reveled? Only time will tell in this spectacular follow-up to The Emerald Talisman.

Character develepment! It was present in nearly every character and relationship in this book, and that was something that I was not only grateful for but also one of my favorite parts of the book, because I loved finding out more about Nicholas and his mysterious past, as well as Alora's coven and Julia's family. I also liked the new "hat" Julia wore in this book because not only was she fearless and brave but she stood on her own quite nicely, instead of hanging on Nicholas's every word. Plus I loved the tension between her and Nicholas and a surprise guest. It always kept me on the edge of my chair curious to see what would occur next.

Anohter part of this novel I enjoyed was the plot. For one, it was even more action packed and develeped than in in The Emerald Tailsman, and for two, it forever left me on the tips of my toes with all the twist and turns it mangaged to pack in between the charactes and their relationships.

Brenda's writing was also even better in this book. As mentioed before she did a fablous job with develepment. Plus her transitions and pace were both great!

In all, The Sapphire Talisman is defitnely one of the best sequels I've read in a long time, and I can't wait to see what Brenda has in store for all of her readers next!

Grade: A+
VINE VOICEon December 9, 2010
Format: Paperback
The Sapphire Talisman was an enticing and compelling follow up to The Emerald Talisman. Brenda's flow of writing has developed since the first book. Her artistic potential and storytelling skills succeeded in formulating a wondrous continuation. The unexpected plot twists and defined characters helped me once again get lost in Brenda's creativity. This time around, Nicholas and Julia switched roles. Instead of Nicholas protecting her, Julia turned into a feisty and courageous young lady. In the hands of Alora, a malevolent vampire, Nicholas succumbed to his half vampire darkness, leaving Julia to fend for herself. However, before evil fell upon him, Nicholas had a heart fluttering likability that I felt lacked in the past. The relationship between the two blossomed into a sweet and tight bond. I must say though, I was amused by his change and actually preferred the evil version better.

Then again, I am biased since one of my favorite characters abruptly came back. Due to spoilers, I won't mention his name. The only thing I will share is that this certain individual tickled me with butterflies. His cocoon of love for Julia made me swoon like a little school girl. He had the perfect balance that all vampires should embody, and did I mention I am in love with him? Moving on, throughout the fight for Nicholas's freedom, Julia's ability to sense emotions and auras came in handy. I was glad to see that she no longer acted naive and actually functioned without being around him. All in all, the sequel surpassed my expectations and left me longing for the next installment. I am eager to know what lies in store for Julia and Nicholas. Will their relationship sustain the damaging cracks or will she maybe move on to someone else? Hm, we shall see, hopefully Brenda releases it soon!
on January 9, 2011
Format: Paperback
The continuation of The Emerald Talisman begins here in another delightfully amazing book by Brenda Pandos. Nick and Julia won our hearts in the first and amazing book. Now they are back to further entertain us, in the Sapphire Talisman.

...Everything is going great. The vampires are gone, for the time being. Love is in the air. Julia is able to spend a lot of time with Nick so long as she didn't tell her father! Sneaking out and going to school become her life. That is until after a romantic little get away. When they return everything has changed, and everything that Julia has known and enjoyed is gone. Old foes return, new alliances are made, and changes come by the page.

Another exciting read. Something that captured my attention from the moment I started it, and therefore it only took me a single day to finish the entire book. It was highly fast paced, heart wrenching, and yet so sweet at the same time. I found myself rooting for the unlikely people and getting angry at the ones I loved in the last book. Everything was so well written and played. A whole gambit of emotion runs through this book that will keep you guessing til the very last page.

5 wonderful stars!

A must read!!!
on February 3, 2011
Format: Kindle EditionVerified Purchase
The Sapphire Talisman, by Brenda Pandos was a thoroughly enjoyable read. The sequel to The Emerald Talisman, TST started with a bang and ended on the same note.

Several surprises are revealed throughout, so I'm going to keep my review short and sweet to avoid spoiling anything. Brenda Pandos has a delightful YA voice, and did a fabulous job capturing the ins and outs of a high school girl with extra sensory powers and a half vamp boyfriend. The relationships between Julia and her friends were believable and interesting, and I felt all the angst, heartbreak and elation that Julia felt as she journeyed through the book. It was great to see Julia grow, both maturity wise and in her talent. Loved the descriptions that were used to show how Julia muted her power. Good stuff!

I enjoyed the secondary cast as much as the main characters, and found myself unable to put my Kindle down as I had to know what happened next. Kudos to Ms. Pandos for writing such wonderful characters! Can't wait for the third installment!

One more thing- I'm a staunch Nicholas supporter, but there was another character who stole my heart in TST. Swoon! That's all I'm sayin'.
on March 17, 2011
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
I've read many books, but never felt the need to write a review until now. I LOVED THIS BOOK and The Emerald Talisman. I was totally engrossed in the characters and was anxious to get to the next page, after the next page, after the next page. I have never gotten three hours of sleep over a book until now (that's how captivated I was with the book). I went to bed well after 4 in the morning, but woke up a little after 7 in the morning to finish the book.
*SPOILERS ARE SLIGHTLY INCLUDED*
I felt how she portrayed Nicholas' character was PERFECT. He had demons inside of himself that needed to be explored and the author did beautifully with showing us that even with the way he loved Julia, after his first taste of blood his vampire/evil instincts took over. I loved that she DIDN'T give us a fluffy love story that not even blood could come between a vampire and his love. The angst I felt for Julia knowing that Nicholas' was choosing his evil side over her had me turning page after page to find out if his evil side would win out over the love he shared with Julia. I can't wait for the next book.
on January 11, 2011
Format: Paperback
The Sapphire Talisman is book number two in a new series created by Brenda Pandos. The Emerald Talisman first introduced it`s readers to Julia and Nicholas. they have a love story that captivates you and leaves you hungry for more. As they journey through the Emerald Talisman their love has many struggles and trials, can they make it through all that life throws at them? can their love stand the test of time? As they become closer and more in love they manage to show us what true love means. The Sapphire Talisman had me so intriged, I started reading it and couldn`t put it down. Julia finds out that the things most important to her in life are worth fighting for, even if it means fighting by yourself or with old enemies. I loved her courage and strength in The Sapphire Talisman. I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series, it has everything a reader longs for: love, friendship, trust, and great fights! If you are looking for a vampire love story/action thriller, then this is your book!
on February 11, 2012
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
I got the Emerald Talisman as a free download for my Kindle, and boy was that ever smart of Amazon to do!! Anyone who is into the vamp-romance stuff will love it enough to go and purchase the next two in the series immediately, which is exactly what I did!

Admittedly, as I started reading book one (The Emerald Talisman - if you haven't already gotten it, it's a must before reading this book), certain things seemed so juvenile to me and I wondered why the author had written certain things the way she had and was almost turned off, but then I had to remind myself that the book was centered around the life of a 16 year old and the story was being told through her eyes. Once I reminded myself of that, I was able to get into the book much faster than I realized, and soon, I was staying up almost all night long, just to finish it. As soon as I finished it, I immediately bought the second and third in the series, and read all three in less than a week. This one really caught me off guard. I haven't devoured a book this fast since the HP series! No, I'm not comparing it to them, but I was that engrossed in the characters! I was very happy that there was no cussing or sexual content, too.

I have to admit that I was so caught up in the characters that I was reminded of how it felt to be that in love, at such a young age. If you're a young adult, and you love or even like the Twilight series, this series is a great addition to your collection! If you're an adult and you love or even like the Twilight series (or vamp/romance novels without the sexual content), this series is a great addition to your collection! :) Word of advice....buy books two and three at the same time because once you're finished with one, you'll be very upset if you have to order the third book and have to wait on it. If you're sporting a Kindle, then it's instantaneous and it's not so bad. Seriously, when I finished book one on my lunch hour at work, I was online and downloading the next two that second.

Book 2 was even better than book 1. I think the author found her groove and was able to really develop the characters more. There were some surprising twists and turns that will leave you hanging if you don't have book 3 in your hand, ready to start reading it immediately.

Oh, and I also love how the author doesn't take 3 pages to describe a scene or a room, or someone's outfit, or the look on someone's face. I find myself glossing over pages like that and I get so irritated!! She doesn't do that in her books. Sometimes it's a paragraph or two, but not much more than that! I'm so grateful for that! This is an author I can see myself following and enjoying all of her books.
on April 25, 2011
Format: Paperback
The Sapphire Talisman was a fabulous sequel to this paranormal tale. In The Emerald Talisman we are introduced to Julia and her brush-ins with the paranormal. The Sapphire Talisman takes this up a bit and we get to see how Julia is dealing with the changes in her life. She is getting more comfortable with Nicholas as they try to have the most normal relationship they can under their less-than-normal circumstances.

Pretty soon things drastically change and Julia is faced with evil again as her friend disappears and is taken in by the vampires. Then, surprisingly, she sees someone she thought had died. I don't want to give it away but I will just say that a character I adored comes back and I couldn't have been happier! I think I actually squealed when I saw the name.

At the same time, Nicholas faces some evil forces he isn't able to fight and Julia struggles with letting him fight the battle alone. I enjoy Nicholas but I won't say I was disappointed with his time away. Julia was well taken care of :)

Brenda did a fabulous job building this world of vampires and that continues throughout The Sapphire Talisman. Her descriptive writing and well-paced action throughout this story made it difficult to put down. Many moments made me gasp out loud and I had to flip the pages faster to see what happened next.

In the beginning Julia seemed very focused on Nicholas but she quickly seemed to grow more independent as the story progressed.

I'm excited to see where this story goes and what's in store for Julia as she dives deeper into the world of vampires and discovers more about her own abilities. The Sapphire Talisman is full of suspense, mystery, action, romance, and surprising moments of humor that will grab the reader from the first page. Amazing job Brenda! I'm curious to see what you have in store for us readers next.