4.0 out of 5 stars It depends on where you are coming from....
It depends on where you are coming from...., April 22, 2010

This review is from: Sara Moulton's Everyday Family Dinners (Hardcover)
I love Sara Moulton! I own all her books. And still watch reruns on weeknight meals on NY25. BUT, I also think Ruth Reichl's Gourmet Cookbook is excellent. I too, love Jacques Pepin. So, having been raised from THAT group of...
Published on April 22, 2010 by Pristine

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay
It's okay, nothing to special. Have seen better. May be worth a look in your local bookstore first to see if there are enough recipes worth the buy for you :)
Published 6 months ago by SweetD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great flavors, November 16, 2010
This review is from: Sara Moulton's Everyday Family Dinners (Hardcover)
I've tried two recipes from the book (the Asian Chicken Salad and the Green Beans with Shiitake Mushrooms) and they were a smash hit in my household. The salad in particular is very healthy and so tasty that my children literally lick the plate clean. This book will definitely be much used in my home. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's cut to the chase: Sara Moulton is brilliant at simplicity and elegance, June 17, 2010
SalmonChase (Chicago, Illinois) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sara Moulton's Everyday Family Dinners (Hardcover)
Okay, I've read and used the book and I am impressed. Whether you are an elitist (Alexander Hamilton fans which I am) or a populist egalitarian (Thomas Jefferson) , you will really enjoy Sara Moulton's latest opus. What persuaded me are the number of recipes that are so much fun to prepare and some of the basic pieces that she combines with a slight variation on her opus. I am particularly fond of broccoli rabe or rapini and use it like eggplant in anything and everything I cook. So when Sara offered a pesto with almonds and rabe, I was intrigued. It is the hit of the household that loves Lydia's Orechiette con cimi di rapa.

Some other reviewers have mentioned the 2 for 1 chapter beginning on page 289. For this alone, I believe the book is worth the value. Yet there are so many great options with a global twist. Not a big fan of Rachel Ray or kimchi, but I admit that it might be delicious as suggested.

Good chefs and authors like Sara Moulton will flourish no matter the ignorance of the bozos at the Food Network or the changes tastes that sent Gourmet to the guillotine. Plus ca change, plus la meme chose. We will yet see the revival of elite orders in the future as this generation and next develop and rediscover all of Julia and Jacques and Sara's innovations.

May you sell a million copies, Sara.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great everyday resource, March 7, 2013
sewmac (Minden, Louisiana United States) - See all my reviews
I watch Sara Moulton on Create TV and love her recipe presentations. This book has some wonderful recipes with tips and helpful kitchen information when cooking. I have flagged several recipes that I intend to try. I like the way the recipes are arranged and also that you don't always have to go shopping to prepare a recipe. I would be happy to recommend this book to anyone who is trying to get a wonderful meal on the table without a lot of time to prepare and cook.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Sara Moulton book, May 10, 2014
This review is from: Sara Moulton's Everyday Family Dinners (Hardcover)
This is my favorite of hers. Some recipes to make ahead and freeze or serve immediately. Mini meat loaves are the best .. Can be used for meatballs or meat patties if necessary . She tells how to doctor some store bought condiments... I like tomato ketchup anyway but her doctored version is really yummy.

5.0 out of 5 stars ABsolute knock out cookbook, January 2, 2014
This review is from: Sara Moulton's Everyday Family Dinners (Hardcover)
I've made almost every recipe in here. I love sara so much. Each recipe has a little story around it and its like having her in your kitchen. The recipes all turn out and taste great. You can tell she tested them I highly recommend this book. the recipe are fun, a bit different and easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Cookbook, June 9, 2013
I have owned this cookbook for a few years now and have made many meals from it. I have never been disappointed from any of the meals. In addition, the instructions are very easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars NICE ADDITION TO ANY KITCHEN LIBRARY, May 20, 2013
This review is from: Sara Moulton's Everyday Family Dinners (Hardcover)
HAVE ALREADY MADE A COUPLE OF THE MEALS IN THE BOOK. I LIKE HER DOWN TO EARTH STYLE OF COOKING.
BOOK IS EASY TO NAVIGATE. SLOWLY ADDING MORE OF HER BOOKS TO MY KITCHEN LIBRARY.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorite cookbook!, December 28, 2010
Never have I received a cookbook and wanted to try so many recipes right away. Everything I've made out of this cookbook so far has been so yummy!! And when you add to that, that all of the delicious recipes are easy and quick enough for weeknight cooking, you get a fantasic cookbook!! I really enjoyed the commentary before each recipe, I never realized that Sara Moulton had such a great sense of humor! This is one of my favorite cookbooks in my collection (and I have over 100).

5.0 out of 5 stars My kind of cook!, April 30, 2014
This review is from: Sara Moulton's Everyday Family Dinners (Hardcover)
I have recently "discovered" Sara M. through her cooking show on PBS. I love her approach to preparing and serving delicious
meals - a little different, a little unusual and yet without a page-long list of ingredients. She's my kind of cook. And I love this
book as much as the other one of hers that I own.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Sara - who doesn't?!, April 20, 2014
This review is from: Sara Moulton's Everyday Family Dinners (Hardcover)
Moulton delivers once again - as she has done in magazines, cookbooks and TV shows. She is just so down to earth and someone you want to spend some time with cooking her recipes.

Sara Moulton's Everyday Family Dinners
Sara Moulton's Everyday Family Dinners by Sara Moulton (Hardcover - April 6, 2010)
$35.00 $25.20