Sarah PAlin is a Complete and Total Fraud in ALL Aspects of the Image She Projects

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 9, 2010 1:34:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 9, 2010 1:52:58 PM PST
"The Conservative blogosphere, usually a forum for cheerleading on behalf the Palin cause, was awash yesterday with suggestions that her outdoorsy image is an elaborate charade.

Among the basic items of protocol blithely ignored by Palin as she set off into the wilderness in a Rambo-style headband was her failure to take practice shots, or check the sights of the rifle, which duly turned out to be off-kilter. She failed to carry her own weapon, relying on her elderly father and his companion, Steve, to lug it around. When a beast eventually wandered into range, Ms Palin left Chuck Snr to load the rifle, and discharge spent bullet casings.

"What a joke," wrote one viewer on Palin's Facebook page. "I was a fan before the show. No one who is a true hunter lets others carry their rifle or can't load their own shells. Sarah, you are a phony."

The Awl, a website which collated reactions to the episode, noted that, while being passed the firearm, Ms Palin immediately moved her finger inside its trigger guard, a breach of basic safety rules. After missing the caribou several times, she then appeared to panic and shot at the beast while it was still moving, a technique usually avoided by all but the very best marksmen."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/hunter-becomes-the-hunted-as-palin-critics-say-she-cant-shoot-2153973.html

Lol, looks like Palin's famed hunting skills have turned out to be nothing but a bunch of made up BS. Color me surprised! I always knew she was lying about this. She always struck me as someone who would rather get a manicure then spend even one minute hunting and only ever saw the great outdoors from the windows of her car.

Anyone who still buys into her "rill American" gunbunny schtick after this exposure is truly a hopeless moron.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2010 2:54:38 PM PST
I bet she can't dance either.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2010 5:33:49 PM PST
Maybe not, but she can certainly kill a defenseless animal from a helicopter.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2010 6:28:12 PM PST
Maybe...after five tries.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2010 7:55:02 PM PST
Wouldn't it be interesting if during a wolf hunt, the helicopter were to tip and dump Sarah out into the middle of a pack of ravenous wolves. Perhaps God would consider a trade and let us have Steve Irwin back.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2010 8:51:08 PM PST
I would feel like the whole world cheated God... ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2010 8:57:04 PM PST
Thanks for that info, pru. I told someone tonight that you have knowledge of guns (which I don't have), and know that Palin's a phony. This now makes it much clearer.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2010 1:28:19 PM PST
Here's another article for you, Tim. Real hunters are embarrassed by her. She makes them look bad.

http://huntlikeyourehungry.blogspot.com/2010/12/negative-hunter-representation.html

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2010 8:16:10 AM PST
I agree completly

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2010 9:20:30 AM PST
Perhaps she needs to take some hunting lessons from Dick Cheney.

Posted on Dec 12, 2010 9:22:56 AM PST
Instead of calling her 'Mama Grizzly' we should call her 'Mama Possum'.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2010 11:23:58 AM PST
How about Mama Lemming.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2010 6:48:07 PM PST
J. Carruthers says: "Perhaps she needs to take some hunting lessons from Dick Cheney."

In person... ;-)

Posted on Dec 15, 2010 5:35:31 PM PST
She's just not trying anymore. She's at the point where she needs to say ANYTHING flammable to get the country to still notice her. To me, personally, that is just a thoughtless, needless attempt to get attention - much like high school bullies yelling at students from behind chain-link fences. She refuses to research anything she tries to explain and debate about, and even when she's 100% proven wrong, her only avenue - her only real choice - is to dismiss the debate entirely and try something else.

It's honestly no wonder her book sales have dropped; her show is a complete laugh-a-thon, and she let her home state of Alaska down by putting her tail between her legs and fleeing from the governor's seat.

If she quit politics, why is she still trying to become part of it? Has anyone any thoughts as to why a barely-intelligent woman who quit probably the easiest governor seat in the country suddenly wants to be a "political voice"?

I can't honestly wait for the books coming out in 2011 that will be coming out against her. It's going to be fun watching this woman trying to defend herself and failing miserably. Maybe Mama Grizzly will then understand the true meaning of "what goes around, comes around." and "you have to take what you dish out."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2010 4:42:23 AM PST
Bob Hoskins says:
Paula thank you, and a few others on these boards, for restoring my faith in the people's common sense. Sarah Palin is an odious, self serving, narcissistic, fake who quit for one reason only, money.

Somehow she's duped the gullible into believing she quit for moral and ethical reasons while relieving them of their money for her garbage books and vacuous speeches. In all my years of watching political figures, I've never seen anything like the circus and skewed realism that follows this woman around and in which she thrives. She claims she's the only politician ever to be attacked by the media and people just suck it up like a Kirby vacuum. Yet those same people who support her don't for one moment think, if she quit running a state for those supposed reasons, will she suddenly be given amnesty by the media if she runs the country?

Hopefully soon, even her most loyal will grow weary of her same rhetorical spewing and leave her alone to fade back into the wilderness of Alaska where she can study Russia all day from her tree stand.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2010 7:00:00 PM PST
Bob Hoskins says: "Sarah Palin is an odious, self serving, narcissistic, fake who quit for one reason only, money."

I think you giver her too much credit. ;-)

Posted on Dec 16, 2010 7:48:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2010 7:59:21 PM PST
idybid says:
Electronics guy says: "Maybe not, but she can certainly kill a defenseless animal from a helicopter."

As opposed to all of the heavily-armed animals that are hunted/killed to fill the meat section in grocery stores? You chicken/pork/beef/fish-eating, hypocrite a__clowns!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2010 9:58:51 PM PST
idybid says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2010 4:46:06 AM PST
"You have convinced me to purchase it. Thanks."

Perhaps you should buy two; maybe that will help reverse the downward trend of her sales figures.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2010 6:21:02 AM PST
M. Race says: "You are helping her raise the money needed if she decides to run."

I will even donate to her campaign if she decides to run.

It will be the best political campaign donation I have ever made. It's akin to handing a two year old a loaded gun.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2010 6:23:56 AM PST
*BANG*

Woops...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2010 6:45:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2010 7:14:15 AM PST
Bob Hoskins says:
Hi M. Race,

"Sooooo, you did not want her to quit or you wanted her to quit for some other reason?"
Personally I couldn't care less if she quit or not. My whole problem with Ms. Palin stems from her reasons for quitting and the path she has chosen since. The text of her resignation speech is here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/03/sarah-palin-resignation-s_n_225557.html

Yes, that's the Huffington post so you can go ahead and dismiss it as left wing lunacy but, those are Ms Palin's words. Assuming you read the speech, you will see Ms. Palin cites her reasons being based on what's best for Alaska? So, this place she claims to love, which elected her as Governor, is now no longer worthy of her time?

Here's an excerpt of particular incoherence:

"Life is too short to compromise time and resources... it may be tempting and more comfortable to just keep your head down, plod along, and appease those who demand: "Sit down and shut up", but that's the worthless, easy path; that's a quitter's way out."

Basically, people who stay in their jobs to completion, in Ms. Palin's mind, are quitters. Oddly enough it's those types of folks she berates as worthless quitters who elected her in the first place. Had she "quit" to fade away as you put it then there wouldn't even be a discussion. We'd have forgotten her existence on the planet within a week, maybe less. Unfortunately though, she seems to think we should listen to her rhetoric and bullet point spewing whilst adopting her narrow minded, adolescent views.

Your choice of phrase "hypocrite" is interesting and shows you're making assumptions and assertions based on your own thoughts as opposed to facts and substance. I see why you'd be supportive of one such as Ms. Palin. I freely admit to having changed jobs in the past for increased benefits including money. Unlike Ms. Palin, I didn't claim it was for the betterment of the employer I was leaving though.

"Sooooo, you did not want her to quit or you wanted her to quit for some other reason? What would that be?" As far as quitting goes, as I mentioned, I couldn't care less if she quit but, I care about what she's doing now. I see her taking advantage of controversy and fear mongering purely for her own financial gain. If you summarize everything Ms. Palin has said since she left her position to speak on the national stage, you will find many bullet points with little substance. I've listened to her ramblings many times and all she brings to the table is problems with no solutions. We can all do that.

Had she anything to say that contained at least a smattering of coherence or even the essence of a problem mentioned with a plausible solution she would garner, from me, more support.

"You are helping her by igniting curiosity in those who would otherwise pay no attention."

In this case your support of apathy bears testament to your whole post. Arousing curiosity in people is good for the nation in general. Curiosity leads to questions which, usually, lead to answers and eventually to progression. A derivative of this process is the weeding out of those who cannot supply workable answers.

Enjoy the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2010 6:53:40 AM PST
If he/she buys two copies, he/she can read it twice...

(Let's see if M. Race gets that... ;-)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Dec 9, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
America by Heart : Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag
America by Heart : Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag by Sarah Palin (Hardcover - November 23, 2010)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (291)