Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rebuild
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on April 22, 2012
Yes, this is available for free as a flash game to play on your computer--that didn't stop me from happily giving Sarah Northway my three bucks to be able to play it on my Kindle Fire.

The graphics are on the simplistic side, but the game play is a lot of fun. You're tasked with staying alive, guiding your little group of survivors to reclaim a bigger chunk of the zombie infested world around you. You need to keep everyone housed and fed and protected, but you also need to explore, kill zombies, scavenge for food, and expand your safe zone.

This is a fun little game, just look at the all the reviews on the flash game sites--you can't really go wrong with this one.
0Comment|192 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2012
Definitely worth the 99 cents that I paid for it. I have played it through twice already and will probably play it again at least one more time at the most difficult setting. Plenty of little nuances such that I am still finding out new things which have kept it interesting. Reminds me of a watered down Civilizations a little bit which is a good thing to me.
0Comment|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 26, 2012
As a 40+ female, love, love, love this game on my kindle fire. It requires strategy rather than reflexes, as there are no direct zombie confrontations. You assign people to tasks (scouting, finding food, clearing zombies and reclaiming buildings or land), then close the day before zombies will descend. Based on the % of risk you allowed to occur, you will or will not survive the zombie attacks unscathed.

While I do enjoy challenging games, I do not enjoy timed or "pressured" games where simply being distracted ends up with a dead character or inability to progress, so this game provided enough tension in training and assigning your people with none of the hassles like timers which can interfere with real life.

I haven't beaten it yet on the highest level, but I keep trying. Well worth the $3 and I am THRILLED to support intelligent, independent programmers and designers through purchases like this. HIGHLY recommend this game to anyone who likes mellow management games within a funny, adult storyline, zombies, adventure or horror games.
on July 5, 2012
Spoiler alert and whatnot.

The game is an interesting strategy game. The mechanics are good enough that the game is interesting to explore. This is leaps and bounds above any other game I've played on my Kindle, but my experiences have been somewhat limited. I beat it on every map level on impossible, conquering the whole map.

As a strategy game, the multiple endings can give it a never ending feeling -- but the option to go into the game and play past an ending (except death) kind of helps compensate. I don't believe the point system is completely functioning, because a person could just harvest points after the map is conquered. When point systems are relevant, I like using them competively -- not to see who tolerates tedium the best. Also, once a person develops tower technology, the game becomes a cinch on any difficulty. And to do that, you really just need a few spare characters and a school. After fully developing that tech tree, I never touched it again to maintain the games challenge. I think the benefits there should be greatly reduced so there is no easy mode for the impossible setting.

I wish there were epic disasters to shake up a shame after a person takes the whole map. Once I'm on the downhill march, even losing seven squares is shruggable. I'm talking having the entire outer rim fall into a state of overrun in one turn. That might reignite it, unless of course, towers have been developed.

As just a time saver, I wish I could do a mass un-equip of all equipment, so it could be doled out for peak efficiency each turn. I wouldn't use it every turn, but I could imagine a lesser person wasting several turns with wrench bonuses.

In another edition, I'd like to see more variables that a person can choose at the beginning of a game that has a huge impact through the entire game. Right now there is difficulty, map size, and item. The first two are huge. Maybe there could be a variable that dictates the rate at which different skills are developed?
0Comment|154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2012
I really enjoyed playing this game. I mean, I'm surprised about it, for me. I despise turn based games, and rather be playing Mario.

My fiance started playing it, then I watched him and started playing it on my Kindle, and then my roommate saw me playing it, and she started playing it on her iPod.

There's several settings you can try out you hand at. I'm on the 3rd most difficult setting now, and I'm trying to get through it. You uncover more problems as you go on. I hadn't expected my sad survivors to commit suicide because it hadn't been in the past few games.

I really like that you can turn off the battle scenes. They're great to see, but sometimes you want to move the game along. Disabling winter is a big one. Holy crap, long pork what?! I find it a really fun game. I haven't gotten all of the endings, but man, am I ever gunning for it.

I am a huge fan of the fact that the designer put the musician and artists information right where everyone can see it. Major props for that.

I'm sure it's just my Kindle but the controls aren't as response as on my fiance's Samsung Tablet.

Do buy!
on December 6, 2012
Really fun to play, though the controls are a bit messy. Same as on PC, and has hours of playtime. Very challenging on hard, but nice and relaxed on easy. The best part is that you can start a game on easy level up your characters and then play through the endings, and you are given an option to leave and move to a new town with up to 5 people. then you can choose hard mode and have several high leveled characters to help rebuild a new city.
on February 1, 2013
The game has a lot to do and each randomly generated map has different strategies. There is a little learning curve but the game offers good tips and will protect you from doing certain things. I discovered three ways to win out of the seven and thats where it got boring for me as it became very repetitive. But hey, maybe it wont for you.

The game graphics are so so while the character graphics used are just plain awful. Not worth taking any stars off though.

I wouldn't say there is much "character diversity" as most of mine were maxed out all of the same skills. It might have been cool if you could assign them to a specific career or something instead of having three.
on May 25, 2012
Ignore any 1-star reviewers who are butthurt about the game being free on the internet but not as an App. For 99 cents, it's well worth the price and the more it is purchased the more likely the creator will make more great games.

As for the gameplay, it's simple yet deep, and the challenge levels are pretty much what they say, with the exception of Impossible where if you take everything you've learned playing the other levels, it will be tough but possible.

There are a few cons, some buildings can't be repurposed (like Labs) and training people can be something of a chore when you have to scroll through dozens of survivors. Still, this is more a limitation of the platform than the game itself.

Overall, this has been one of my most played games on my Kindle Fire. 'Nuff said.
on November 25, 2012
Rebuild is a great game. I love zombie games. I love games that let you build and develop. this is the best of both.

Lots of fun to play and explore.

Overall the game is a lot of fun but the replay or long term aspect of the game is a bit lacking. I say that because once you get past a certain point in the game it basically becomes a battle of attrition. You either continue to do well and that never changes or you continue to do worse and its nigh impossible to change it.

I think an add-on pack or expansion with a variety of other components could really breathe some extra undeath into this game.
on June 20, 2012
Not sure this would have been worth full price, but it was on sale and I purchased it for my Kindle. Pretty fun game that can, unfortunately, eat up the hours. (I find this to be the case especially for games that have fairly short "turns." "Just one more turn" is always easy to justify - suddenly it's midnight and you've just spent an extra 2 hours fighting zombies.)

It is similar to Civilization in that it's turn-based, you have to allocate resources and strategize to maximize your chance of survival. If you just kill zombies, everyone will go hungry or will be so unhappy they'll riot. So you have to balance your efforts.