5.0 out of 5 stars Awe-inspiring
I did not go into the movie as a "fan" - but an interested bystander. I had watched Sarah quickly rise to fame and saw how the media instantly vilified her. I didn't know what was "true" about Sarah, but I knew people felt passionately about her on both sides of the aisle.

Published on August 25, 2011 by J. Wright

1.0 out of 5 stars The Unwatchable
Set aside any feelings you may have FOR OR AGAINST Ms. Palin.
This film review takes NO position on Palin the person or politician.

I find her interesting, so I decided to watch this film.
But I couldn't finish it. It is the worst editing I've ever seen.

Maybe it's because in most documentaries you see one view followed by the other...
Published 16 months ago by J. Vincent Legg

5.0 out of 5 stars Awe-inspiring, August 25, 2011
This review is from: Sarah Palin: The Undefeated (DVD)

What I learned in two hours was how easily the media can erase a person's identity and reset it to fit the desired outcome. Governor Palin was highly respected, well regarded, and widely popular on both sides of the aisle in Alaska - but we in the lower 48 have come to believe from the media Palin is a right-wing extremist with a myopic view of the world, unrelenting and unable to create compromise. Her RECORD in Alaska strongly proves otherwise.

I encourage everyone, regardless of political affiliation, to watch this movie. If you don't want to buy it, rent it - also keep in mind that none of the proceeds go to Palin herself: so don't feel like you are "supporting" her by seeing it.

I am thankful I watched it. And I hope it opens a few eyes to the reality of how the media paints the picture they want us to see - not the picture as it appears to the naked eye. And this is media from both the conservative AND liberal perspective.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must see! Beyond politics,story of a great American heroine, August 26, 2011
This review is from: Sarah Palin: The Undefeated (DVD)
No political figure has been more wrongfully smeared than Sarah Palin. The Undefeated will explain why while delivering topnotch, stirring entertainment and an uplifting story about the American spirit.

Independent-minded people will discover that as Governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin was a courageous fighter for the people and had the guts to take on the corrupt Republican machine as well as Big Oil. Statists, on both the Left and the Right, are not fans of reform. They don't want to lose their power or special privileges. Spending someone else's money (taxpayer dollars) on personal gain and self-interest is a nice gig if you can get it.

The political machine and establishment know that if Sarah Palin came to Washington, she would not support their self-serving agendas. It would be all over for the fat cats, lobbyists, back room deal makers. Sarah Palin represents an existential threat to their cushy fiefdom. As a result, they have sought to destroy her. But, character is often forged in an inferno. In the face of vicious libelous attacks that have known no bounds of decency, such as going after her sweet baby with Downs Syndrome, the most vulnerable among us, Sarah Palin has stood strong and remained true to her calling -- a better America for all its citizens.

Below is just one example of what Sarah Palin stands for and what she accomplished:

Palin rid Alaska of the corruption-ridden, structurally-flawed Petroleum Profits Tax of the previous Murkowski administration and replaced it with ACES (Alaska's Clear and Equitable Share). ACES stimulated development while returning to Alaskans -- resource owners as per the Alaska Constitution -- "A CLEAR and EQUITABLE SHARE (ACES) of the value of their commonly-owned oil and gas." As a result, Alaska was left with a $12 billion surplus.

I urge all to watch this brilliant film and learn the truth about Sarah Palin. Americans are a generous and an independent-minded people. Don't let the machine and media establishment distort her great story. If we want a better United States of America, we must elect people of character, honesty, integrity. Watch the movie and decide for yourselves who are the villians and who are the heroes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Eye-opening documentary, October 3, 2011
This review is from: Sarah Palin: The Undefeated (DVD)
Many of the tropes we're fed about Palin are demolished by the interviews with people who know her. She was a very hard-working governor who really wanted the best for all Alaskans, and wasn't afraid to take on the establishment corruption then rampant. Her determination to be a responsible steward of the peoples' resources is evident by her willingness to veto many items in the state budget, and her perseverance in getting a good energy agreement signed. Although the movie is long, it doesn't drag.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Unwatchable, March 17, 2013
This review is from: Sarah Palin: The Undefeated (DVD)
Set aside any feelings you may have FOR OR AGAINST Ms. Palin.
This film review takes NO position on Palin the person or politician.

I find her interesting, so I decided to watch this film.
But I couldn't finish it. It is the worst editing I've ever seen.

but in this one, it's nothing more than one short, pro-Palin YouTube clip after another...
as if having two hour of screen images and words somehow = "a movie."

Anything that COULD be learned, is lost in this horrible, horrible "film-making."

I can honestly say, if you're interested in Ms. Palin, try anything...ANYTHING...else.

5.0 out of 5 stars What the Media Never Told You, September 30, 2011
This review is from: Sarah Palin: The Undefeated (DVD)
UPDATE: I'm adding the following preamble to my review: There is a concern troll who posted a "1" rating, admitting they had not seen this movie, but rather posting a "review" only to get on their Don Quixote horse and wave their arms in concern over some Palin support site asking people (who have seen the movie) to come here and rate it. I have no problem with that as long as the people have actually seen the movie. Of course supporters are going to give it a positive review if they saw the movie and it inspired them. I don't think anyone is being asked to rate this movie who hasn't seen it; however, it is clear that several of the "'1" ratings here are from people who simply dislike Sarah Palin and, like school children who hate the popular girl, they use the rating system to lash out. To me, that's a bigger problem than fans giving it a positive rating (again, as long as they have seen the movie). For what it's worth, my review is honest and from the heart. I actually saw the movie when it opened at that Highlands Ranch theater in Colorado. The theater was sold out and there were several points in the movie where the audience applauded and cheered. I took a friend who was neutral on Palin to the movie with us and he was impressed. I would add one other recent development: This past Sunday, I sat my Palin-hating sister-in-law down and had her watch this movie on PPV. After the movie was over, I asked her what she thought? She said she had no idea about all of Palin's accomplishments and she said she has changed her opinion of Sarah Palin. So lastly, I'd just suggest that if you hate Palin simply because you hate conservative values, then don't waste your money on this movie. However, if you are open-minded then, regardless of positive or negative reviews here, I recommend you see this movie yourself and form your own opinion. Simple concept.

Now my original review:

My wife and I had a trip to Denver scheduled to visit her sister and we knew that "The Undefeated" was premiering in Denver while we were there. So, being the curious types, we purchased a couple of tickets for the Highlands Ranch theater there and went to see this movie when it opened. The first several minutes of the movie (sold out by the way) were quite disturbing (to any decent person). The first several minutes is a montage of "celebrities," media personalities, and "comedians" saying some of the most vile, hate-filled things about this woman (and her family, including her little Downs Syndrome son, Trigg) that one could imagine. As I watched the opening of this movie, I just sat there stunned and asked: "Why?" What on Earth could cause so many people - fellow Americans - to express such abject hatred towards a woman who's only crime was to put herself forward in the name of service? The answer, after watching this movie was clear: She represents an existential threat to everything the left holds dear. She also represents a threat to the establishment political machine - on BOTH sides of the political isle.

After the disturbing opening, the movie goes into a segment on her childhood and highlights the sort of pioneer upbringing she had. It highlights the strong American values her school teacher parents instilled in her! Then it talks about how the Exxon Valdez disaster (oil spill) was one of the catalysts that inspired her to enter politics in the first place, initially as a City Council person. It tracks her rise to Mayor, then ultimately to Governor. What is interesting about this movie is that you will learn of the many accomplishments that she had, both as Mayor and later as Governor. I was more than a little upset that much of what she actually accomplished in Alaska were things the media completely ignored. How was it possible that American's outside of Alaska didn't know her record when, after all, AP had sent no less than eleven or twelve reporters dispatched to Alaska to "research" her during the 2008 campaign?. After seeing his movie, one realizes that the media wasn't interested in telling America about her record - they were only interested in finding "dirt" on her to tear her down.

Any reasonable person will walk away from this movie a little angry at the realization of not being told about her real record all this time. I am reminded of the recent media acquisition of 24 thousand of her emails and how the media enlisted the public to help dig through her emails looking for some "smoking gun" to prove, once and for all, that she was the unethical airhead that so many in the media have sold to us. Can you think of any other politician who has been subjected to this level of "vetting?" Yet, in the end, all this email search did was to make clear that she was a very engaged, very active Governor who actually cared about the people of Alaska. Isn't it funny that, after all the fanfare leading up to this massive email-searching campaign, the media quickly dropped talking about it once it was clear there was no "dirt," but only things that put her in a positive light - we can't have that!!! But back to the movie:

Much of the movie is a very detailed look at the things she accomplished and how she went up against her own party and the oil industry to expose and put a stop to corruption! In the end, the movie goes into great detail about her much-maligned decision to step aside as Governor and hand the reins over to her Lt Governor. Her detractors are quick to point their boney fingers at her and call her a "quitter" but it is clear that she did what she honestly felt was best for her State given the non-stop string of frivolous ethics complains she was facing (and which she had to spend her own money to defend). She knew that, after the 2008 election, the Democrat's in the legislature were no longer going to cooperate with her and that her agenda for Alaska was dead in the water. By removing herself as the target, she knew that much of her agenda would be able to move forward.

One of those close to her at that time said that she wasn't the kind of Governor to tackle the "School Uniform" kind of problems, but rather, as this movie makes clear, she would go after the "Gordian Knot" problems. If you are one of the Palin Haters (like the one's rating this movie "1" most likely without actually watching the movie) then probably no amount of truth is going to change your mind about her, so don't waste your time watching this movie. However, if you're someone with an open mind who wants to learn some things about her that the media may not have told you, then I urge you to see this movie.

2.0 out of 5 stars Slightly informative Puff Piece!, February 27, 2013
This review is from: Sarah Palin: The Undefeated (DVD)
I watched the movie and this is nothing more than Puff Piece! There was no mention of Sarah's huge screw up with the hockey arena ([...]) which cost the good people of Wasilla millions ... or the road to nowhere which costs the taxpayers over $25,000,000 [...]. There was nothing critical in the film about Palin at all. What about the shopping spree where she basically stole 100's of thousands of dollars from the RNC? In retrospect you see this was a piece that was designed to springboard her primary run ... but that did not work out so well (opps ... defeated again). Wonder if all the folks who gave to SarahPAC got their money back??? Only reason I gave this 2 stars was I did learn a couple things about Sarah that I actually admired he for. One can not help but wonder where she would be if she had turned McCain down? She looked she could have been a great Governor???

5.0 out of 5 stars Very important film, October 3, 2011
This review is from: Sarah Palin: The Undefeated (DVD)
This film recounts the story of Sarah Palin's political career from her humble beginnings as a City Council member and Mayor of a small city in Alaska, to membership on the State Oil and Gas Commission, to Governor, and then to her emergence as a national political figure. Even if you are not a fan of Governor Palin, this is film you must see. The examples in American history of leaders who are able to rise up from the ranks of everyday people into the top levels of politics and governance are few and far between. Even rarer are the ones who did it by fighting the status quo and the "old boys" establishment within her own Party at every step along the way.

For anyone on the left, right or center genuinely interested in how to truly reform government in the interest of making it work for the people, this should be a must-see film.

1.0 out of 5 stars so I thought I'd give this a try just to see how bad it could be based on what I'd heard, July 27, 2014
This review is from: Sarah Palin: The Undefeated (DVD)
I have netflix, so I thought I'd give this a try just to see how bad it could be based on what I'd heard. Well, it exceeded all my expectations as a piece of pure unadulterated dribble. The "heroine" here is a qualified bimbo, that proven full well in the debacle she made of poor Mr. McCains' election hopes. But then again, he should have researched this half-wit in more detail, so that is his bad. Luckily our Nation proved itself not a fool by enthusiastically dumping their ticket in the trash heap where it assuredly belonged. Now we have the wing-nuts of the Republican party praising a comical puff movie that should have been titled "Deservedly Defeated " Now it's for sale for $4....might be worth it if one could tape over it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its sets the record straight, August 31, 2011
This review is from: Sarah Palin: The Undefeated (DVD)
I saw this movie at the theater in Tucson, Az. Just seeing a small recap of all the vitriol directed at Governor Palin, made tears come to my eyes. This movie only captures a small essence of the Governor. It shows what a true patriot is, and above all it shows that she loves this country. It touches on some of her accomplishments a mayor of Wasilla. How she brought in the infrastructure to help it grow and prosper. As Governor, she tackled the budget, line-item by line-item. She worked side by side with her staff very long hours. She made tough budget calls when her state had a surplus, instead of spending willy nilly and because of that her state prospered. Alaska continues to prospers thru another one of Palin's programs: ACES. She encountered corruption, and she fought it. The magnificent seven are also mentions here (the Alaskan ones). This movie only touches the tip of the iceburg. Palin represents the spirit of the American People.

4.0 out of 5 stars This book made me see a very positive side of Sarah Palin, March 14, 2012
This review is from: Sarah Palin: The Undefeated (DVD)
When I first rented the Video (see my Amazon review for greater detail) animating what is covered in this book I was shocked to find out how strong and powerful Sarah Palin "was". The things she accomplished for Alaska was amazing. The fights she fought for her Alaskans against impossible and powerful odds, bigoted and financial opportunists was truly monumental. I almost became, dare I say "a tea party believer". I had to purchase the book and try and verify what she claims she had accomplished. AND IT TURNS OUT she did all that she claims to a high degree. A good proof of this is what the Republican party members did to her when she tried to continue her efforts when she came up for re-election. You must read this book to TEMPORILY become a Palin believer . That is until you read other books highlighting her contradictory family life, transition and thirst for fame and money. This came about when she was taken out of her "area of expertise" and her wonderfully unselfish service to the members of her beloved state of Alaska.

Sarah Palin: The Undefeated
Sarah Palin: The Undefeated by Stephen K. Bannon (DVD - 2011)
$5.99 $3.76