5.0 out of 5 stars I think the world would be better with more family time.
Published on January 22, 2011 by Kelly

1.0 out of 5 stars The Queen of Yankies
Published 5 months ago by Jürgen von Steinkellner

5.0 out of 5 stars I think the world would be better with more family time., January 22, 2011
This review is from: Sarah Palin's Alaska (DVD)
I must start off by saying that the only reason I initially turned on the show in the first place was b/c I was hoping for good "entertainment" and that it'd be a fun show to make fun of. But during the second episode I watched, I began to develop a soft spot for Sarah and her family and her gorgeous state. Although I don't necessarily agree with Palin on the topic of politics, I still like her as a human being. This show does a great job of showing her amazing home state of Alaska and definitely makes me want to go there some day. In each episode, she goes on some sort of wilderness adventure with her family. I think the world would be a better place if all families did fun things like that together. I encourage you to watch the show with an open heart and an open mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, December 30, 2010
This review is from: Sarah Palin's Alaska (DVD)
I happen to love this show! It shows the beauty of Alaska, along with Sarah raising her kids at the same time. AShe is a real trooper and this show shows it. I hope this show lasts more than just 8 episodes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Do Take This Trip To Gorgeous Alaska!!, June 18, 2011
CJ (Wisconsin) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sarah Palin's Alaska (DVD)
I had not seen this when it aired on TV, so I was happy to see it went to DVD.
No matter how you feel about the Palin family, do watch this for all the beautiful footage of Alaska. This was NOT one of those odd TV family reality shows. Little time was spent inside the Palin home. You were on the road more, learning about Alaska, visiting many places throughout the state, and observing the wildlife. So well put together that you will feel you are right there in Alaska visiting. Not a home movie, amazing beautiful camera work and music.

Now keep in mind many vegetarians would have a hard time watching this. Yes, animals do get killed. I'm a vegetarian and love animals and I had to skipped over the meat scenes. It is a way of life that many city folk may not understand.

I enjoyed the Palin bunch and at times they were quite funny. Sarah's Dad is a really trooper and so young at heart. He was a delightful addition to this series.
I have to give this a 5 star rating, as I really found it to be very well done and so very interesting. This is a wonderful way to feel like you went on a great Alaskan journey!

5.0 out of 5 stars More a politician's family adventures, less a political ad, January 10, 2011
Jonathan M. Davis (Scottsdale, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sarah Palin's Alaska (DVD)
Although I was raised in a conservative Christian family and my mother adores Sarah Palin, I was not a huge fan of hers. I share her values, but I am not persuaded that she has the legal and political skill and prowess; she would be another W. at best.

That said, this show is not about her political campaigns. It's about the human being that is Sarah Palin taking a number of exciting outdoor adventures in Alaska. Some of these adventures, such as fishing and hunting, are routine for Sarah. Some of them were clearly scheduled for the show as a new, fresh adventure that Sarah hadn't experienced much or at all before.

That Sarah is a politician is not completely lost in this show; she makes a number of comments about her career as a politician, and we see her taking on television and radio interviews from time to time as well as making the rounds with the locals making political friends. And as she narrates the show (this is her show, after all), it's a no-brainer expectation that she would regularly try to use rhetoric about her adventures in Alaska as analogous to her political career. But really this stuff takes a back seat--way back seat. You come away from this show seeing Ms Palin as Wonder Woman (one of her friends on the show calls her "Amazon Woman'), not so much "governor", "vice-president", or some other officer of the state or United States. (On the other hand, isn't that just the sort of material America needs in office? Less white collar, more blood, sweat, and tears... That's definitely the message Sarah and her followers want portrayed by this show.)

And actually, the show proves less about Sarah than about her kids. Say what you will about their family (the term "idiots" has been used in these reviews, and I'm willing to bet that such reviewers were not so bright in their youth either), these people are real and down-to-earth, and while one would expect them to be seriously affected for better or for worse by Sarah's publicity, and they certainly aren't unaffected, they still seem, in my opinion, true to who they are. They're not idiots, they're people. One of Sarah's kids is retarded; you really feel like you're getting a transparent view of a vulnerable home, and I appreciate that glimpse.

The adventures that they have are quite interesting, if indeed one finds fishing, hunting, panning for gold, kayaking, and other great Alaskan adventures to be interesting. If not, skip, there's too much of it. But the adventures definitely give a picturesque view of Alaska, and this show is amazingly gorgeous in high definition. Get the Blu-ray when it comes out!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Average Americans can Excel in Alaska, January 31, 2011
Brian Urbancsik (Carrollton, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sarah Palin's Alaska (DVD)
This 8-episode series does a masterful job of demonstrating that an average American family can have the absolute best time of their life in Alaska!
Ignore all political biases - and be Fair. This "Travel" series, from a "Family" perspective, illustrates how much fun, fulfillment, enjoyment and challenges that any family, of any mental or physical skill level can get so much of from Alaska. The journey to Alaska and cost may be prohibitive for many people, but there are many things beyond compare to the "lower 48" that can be everyday events in any Alaska adventure.
Simple walks, hikes or drives will be the most unforgetful journeys of a lifetime for anyone who has even the slightest interest in Nature. Sarah and her family demonstrate this in a peaceful, genuine, down-to-earth level. I wish I was part of that family.
This is one of the best "Travel" series I've ever seen in my life... and I've seen them all!
Sarah was the centerpiece of this series, and sometimes the footage downplays the family interactions in the interest of time or showing more nature activities... but the interactions that are shown are true and not shaped for television.

5.0 out of 5 stars What Do You Want?, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Sarah Palin's Alaska (DVD)
This is a great show. Geez! What do you want? I guess you can make this as complicated as you want to, but for me....this was as simple as it gets. Beautiful photography, good music, and a basic overall message of hope and inspiration. If you don't get that from this series, you need to move to a Gulag in Russia for a while or something.

We are blessed with an amazing country, fantastic resources, and beautiful people. If you concentrate on the negative, you will see it....everywhere. But if you look for hope......if you look towards the future.....if you believe in good......then this series is easy to watch. It is a joy to behold.

Good grief people...relax! Why worry so much? She is not even running, yet you hate her? She has an opinion, sure. But then again, so do you. Who is really more qualified? Who has...and is...doing it?....living it as we speak? And who is in an old apartment building somewhere in Cleveland, complaining about Sarah Palin? IDIOTS!

When will YOU ever go to those places? Never!!! So enjoy the front row seat to some of the most spectacular film you could ever hope to see. Sarah is an awesome host. I would be proud if I knew as much about my state as she does about hers.

I think she would be a much more trustworthy President than the man who is in there now. She has a family value system that is strong and happy. She is NOT going to her Rev Wright, or anyone else like him. She communes with Mother Nature.....and her family. Wow...I love her for that!

What a wonderful series......really.

5.0 out of 5 stars Living in Alaska, May 13, 2011
This review is from: Sarah Palin's Alaska (DVD)
Sarah Palin has a wonderful presentation of the way we live in Alaska. Good movie. Better than dramatic soaps for sure. This is living. Her life is similar to mine, her children are perfectly imperfect...like mine. Watching this kinda feels like she was here visiting, sharing a home video. Good production. Good quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Queen of Yankies, June 30, 2014
This review is from: Sarah Palin's Alaska (DVD)
I watched this show. I do not think that my partner Siegfried and me and our precious dogs Oscar and Hanna will be spending time with the Palin clan soon. I am gay. I dont worship a fairy tale god in the sky. I do not think god is an American patriot which hates minorities and unions. I don't shoot bears. I don't want to build dams everywhere. I don't regard Dolly Parton as a great artist. I don't shoot moose. I don't think Jesus is a patriot with Second Amendment with midi-guns and disciples are like guys from the Expendables. I know earth is round. I know where Poland is. I am not a White Supremacist. I want people to make a minimum wage and not clean up my tampons for dimes. I want soccer mums to clear off. I don't think that GE or Exxon Mobil are like boy scouts or girl guides with cookies. I know Captain America is guy in spandex not some superhero. I think wilderness should be preserved and not turned into oil fields to keep Haliburton and Dick Cheney happy at the country club for WASPs. I don't add cheese to everything I eat. I believe that water is good and Coca Cola is not a vitamin. I don't believe in churchy gestapo. I know what happened at Roswell being Germany's leading UFO investigator and autopsy man and it changes everything. I don't want syrupy Christmas every day with Yellow Beards and Baby Jesus. I don't enrol kids in machine gun education classes. I help outcasts like people with AIDs and immigrants they count. Sarah in charge of the nuclear codes well why not. Praise the Lord and pass me apple pie and Dr Pepper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Alaska !!!, May 9, 2011
This review is from: Sarah Palin's Alaska (DVD)
Great entertainment!! Demonstrated Alaska to be an even more beautiful state than previously known. The Palins introduced viewers to a wonderful variety of people who live and work there. All led interesting lifestyles and some were very unique characters within spectacular surroundings. Makes me want to go there and see more. Been there once but only to Anchorage for a short time. Must go again

5.0 out of 5 stars Sarah Palin's Alaska dvd, February 14, 2012
This review is from: Sarah Palin's Alaska (DVD)
Fun to watch. This is not a political show,just the Palin family trekking around Alaska. Beautiful scenery and wildlife. Makes me want move there.
Fast shipping as always from Amazon.

Sarah Palin's Alaska
Sarah Palin's Alaska by Mark Burnett (DVD - 2011)
$19.98 $9.00