5.0 out of 5 stars One of the very few non-toxic and safe bath items out there
Published on July 20, 2011 by TryingToBeNice

3.0 out of 5 stars Defective set?
Published on October 25, 2010 by Lenuxa

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the very few non-toxic and safe bath items out there, July 20, 2011
This review is from: Sassy Bathtime Pals Squirt and Float Toys (Baby Product)
I did some research on line before buying new set of bath toys for my 10 months old. We had a set that I bought from a large retailer, and then I discovered that they have PVC, so I decided to research for new safer bath toys. A few web sites identify Sassy as one of the safest manufacturers and mention that these toys tested negative for BPA, PVC, phthalate, lead and other chemicals. So I bought these as well as some other Sassy made items for my son.

3.0 out of 5 stars Defective set?, October 25, 2010
This review is from: Sassy Bathtime Pals Squirt and Float Toys (Baby Product)
I've got the sassy "pals" for my granddaughter, and she loved them. What was my surprise when my daughter told me their color started to run, specially the blue, which ended up on the baby's skin! I brought them back home to return them, but missed the deadline. The other reviewers don't mentioned anything like this, so I assume it must have been a bad batch. Just be aware!
...
PS - Since I've wrote this review, I have contacted Sassy, who sent me an envelope to send back the defective toys for Quality Control inspection. They also sent me a set of Stay Clean Silly Squirts, which my granddaughter enjoys. I was very pleased with their promptness, and their level of customer service.

1.0 out of 5 stars Check out what's inside!, March 7, 2012
This review is from: Sassy Bathtime Pals Squirt and Float Toys (Baby Product)
We have 2 sets of these and our son really loved them. Today the whale cracked open and I was horrified at what was inside-- thick black sludge of mold! Because there's no way to truly dry the inside of these toys, the water collects and creates the mold. Super gross. We've thrown all of them away and would highly recommend against this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mold problem, February 22, 2012
This review is from: Sassy Bathtime Pals Squirt and Float Toys (Baby Product)
I bought these cute toys for my son to play with in the bath. On the plus side, he loved them. On the down side, they harbor mold after very little use -- even after squeezing the water out before putting them away. I had to throw them out after smelling the mildew.

5.0 out of 5 stars not only for bathtub, October 5, 2010
This review is from: Sassy Bathtime Pals Squirt and Float Toys (Baby Product)
we got it when she was 6 months and since then they have been her companions not only for bathtime
paint stays on, and they have been chewed on!
especially the penguin!
you just have to remember to drain them after "swimming"

-----------
One year later:
It is definitely time to get a new set,
but it was worth it!

1.0 out of 5 stars What's inside is DISGUSTING!, August 2, 2012
Deidre A Smalls (Brooklyn, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sassy Bathtime Pals Squirt and Float Toys (Baby Product)
Please DO NOT buy this product. I've never written a review before but felt compelled to write one for this product because I was so disgusted with what was inside the float toys - BLACK MOLD. What's worse is that my now 10 month old girls have been playing with these toys since they were 5 months old - putting it in their mouths in particular! So who knows what bacteria they could have contracted over the past 5 months. Here's how I discovered the BLACK MOLD. One day - when they were 10 months old, I squirted them with water from the toy, like I'd been doing for the past 5 months and i started seeing black things in the water. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I thought the bath tub was dirty. When I washed my 2nd twin and went through the same process i.e., squirting and watching them squeeze the toy in their mouth, i realized it was coming from INSIDE THE TOY. I was MORTIFIED, SHOCKED and ANGRY. We only bought the toys because of the awesome 5 star reviews it got but we should have read the 1 star reviews and we would not have bought it. That's what I'll do from now on. PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS TOY.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible toxic smell, April 3, 2013
This review is from: Sassy Bathtime Pals Squirt and Float Toys (Baby Product)
I threw them out--total waste of money. They smell HORRIBLY TOXIC, the worst smell I've ever smelled from a toy and I do NOT have a good sense of smell and am not normally too sensitive in this area. I let them off-gas for almost 2 weeks and didn't make a difference. Then I read about the mold problem--mold grows inside so when your baby plays with them they are squirting mold particles into their mouths potentially. And to top it off, another reviewer says they have lead. Whatever is in them, the smell is bad enough that I wouldn't consider letting my babies play with them. No squirt toys for us!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Please Listen to the Other 1-Star Reviewers - Do Not Buy These Toys for Your Baby's Safety, October 22, 2012
This review is from: Sassy Bathtime Pals Squirt and Float Toys (Baby Product)
Initially, I would have given these toys 5 stars for being so adorable and fun for my baby, especially for such a low price. However, these toys retain water inside and there is no way to dry them out, and therefore harbor mold. My baby would suck the water out of these toys. It gives me chills just thinking about my baby drinking moldy water. Please, for safety's sake, do not buy these squirters. Keep in mind that this is probably a common problem for all squirter toys.

1.0 out of 5 stars dont buy it... color catches on baby's skin, March 9, 2012
This review is from: Sassy Bathtime Pals Squirt and Float Toys (Baby Product)
we bought it for our 7 month old..
our baby loved it and we started to use it regularly and after a 3days I saw blue&orange color on her hand..
its color was running off ,toy turned into white...dont buy it for ur little ones

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't use squirt toys, May 30, 2012
This review is from: Sassy Bathtime Pals Squirt and Float Toys (Baby Product)
We started using squirt toys in our baby's tub. Even when trying to get all of the water out of the toy when finished with a bath, some of the water remained in the toy and became moldy. Eventually when we started squirting the water out, some type of pieces of what looked like black mold was squirting out as well! Buyer beware...maybe this doesn't happen to everyone, but think about it. Water contained in plastic for days/weeks/months will create mold, no?