Satchmo At Symphony Hall / 65th Anniversary: The Complete Performances is truly complete, from tuning up to closing theme of both sets performed that night. The limited edition release:
* Encompasses two hours of material
* Includes 30 minutes never before released!
* Is one of the very few surviving, complete two-set Armstrong shows
* Features Armstrong classics "On The Sunny Side Of The Street," "Black And Blue," "Mahogany Hall Stomp" and more
* Has been painstakingly restored from surviving acetates, vaulted reels and the donated holdings of the late Gosta Hagglof, a renowned Armstrong collector and friend, who willed his vast collection to the Louis Armstrong House Museum
* Includes a beautiful hard-back package with:
- The album s original liner notes by Ernie Anderson, the promoter and publicist who recorded the event
- A new and detailed essay by Ricky Riccardi, archivist for the Museum and author of What a Wonderful World: The Magic of Louis Armstrong s Later Years
- Several rare photographs
- Faithful reproductions of the album s original cover and its many EP and international permutations.
Satchmo At Symphony Hall / 65th Anniversary: The Complete Performances is one of the finest documents of Louis Armstrong s genius an unbeatable mix of great music and entertaining showmanship and is now in complete form for the first time.