- Save 15% on the Satechi Spectrum Mouse Wired Optical Mouse (Silver) when you purchase 1 or more products offered by Satechi. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 5% on Satechi Universal Smartphone CD Slot when you purchase 1 or more Satechi Smart Car Charger offered by Satechi. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Satechi® Smart Converter USB Port Cigarette Adapter for iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad Air, Mini Retina, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, S6, S5, Note 3, Nexus 5, and more (2.4 AMP) (Single USB Port)
|Sale:||$7.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$22.00 (73%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Space-saving design with 2100mA power can support most USB powered devices
- Use your existing USB charging cables to charge iPad, iPhone, iPod, Android Phones & Tablets, MP3 Players, Digital Cameras, PDAs, etc.
- Blue LED indicator confirms whether USB charger is properly connected
- Self recover safety function with Current Limit & Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Smart-converter is designed to enhance charging compatibility for smartphones which are powered through Micro USB connector and enables quick charge for your device. It may also be used with PC or USB wall charger.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Size (LWH): 1.25 inches, 2 inches, 1.25 inches
- Weight: 0.96 ounces
Keep your USB devices powered while on the move. Use this product in your car to charge or power any device that needs USB for power. With small size but 2100mA power, it can support most USB powered devices such as iPad, iPhone, iPod, Android Phones & Tablets, MP3 Players, Digital Cameras, PDAs, etc. Blue LED indicator confirms whether USB charger is properly connected. Included Smart-converter enhances capability with devices that cannot be charged through data cable.
iPad: 2, 3, Mini, Air
iPhone: 6 plus, 6, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S
Samsung Galaxy: S5, S4, S3, S2, Note 3, 2
HTC: One, SV, Flyer
Color: 2.4 AMP Single USB Port
Top Customer Reviews
The only real complaints I have with this product are that 1) it only has the one USB port, and 2) the spec says this is only a 1.2A charger, though that is at least enough to get the Galaxy Tab to increase charge with the screen at full brightness and the GPS and data connections running. I eventually replaced the charger with a much bulkier one that had both a 2.1A output and a (standard) 0.5A output because I wanted the ability to charge two devices at once and maximize charging current more than I wanted the low-profile design, but I kept using the Satechi adapter to be able to get my tablet to recognize the high-current port on the other charger at all (the Edo adapters were thick enough to block the second port). Note that I am relying on stated specs for this; I did not actually perform charge time experiments on both chargers.
Wishlist: the ability to purchase the adapter separately from the charger, as it has a very nice form factor and works perfectly. A fifth star would have been awarded if the charger itself had 2A output and a second port, even if it had become slightly thicker as a result.
The smart converter that comes with the unit is simply a USB extender that plugs into the back of the unit. I assume it crosses/connects some of the conductor wires to simulate a different/faster type of charger. Look around on amazon and you will find some people modifying their chargers to accomplish this same task. Handy and elegant to have this available out of the box with a simple little plug.
Silver part of the unit is a heavy duty handle that swings out to pull the unit from the car lighter
included "Smart Converter" see above
cool led color changing light
LED light is a bit bright when it turns green at night, but I dim my dash lights anyway, so thats probably just me.
Now... the important parts. These points are particularly important if your smartphone has trouble with charge speed / efficiency while using a car charger:
1. 1.2A Power - 2.1A would have been nice, but it's more than enough to keep up with my GNex.
2. The included "Smart Converter." This solves a problem so many smartphone owners experience. By effectively shorting the data lines in the charging cable, it puts the phone in "AC Mode." Without this Smart Converter, the phone stays in USB mode and charges vastly slower, no matter how much power your source is outputting. If you've ever connected your phone to a PC, you know how slowly it charges in USB Mode. The Smart Converter can even be used with PC USB ports and USB chargers.
I've tried other chargers that don't "trick" the phone into AC Mode and they don't provide enough power to keep up with a GNex running GPS and 4G. I tested this charger / converter combo tonight on my way home from Wegmans. Here are the results:
- In 18 minutes, the battery gained 8%
- The phone was running Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, and 4G. Screen sleep was disabled and Ingress was actively running the whole time.
That's good enough for me to be happy with this product for $10. If it fails in the first few months, I'd probably even give it one or two more tries before deciding it's junk and changing this review.
I used the charger on my iPad2 and (separately) my Droid 2 Global phone without any problems. The charge was similar to plugging the devices in using their natural adapters, even on the iPad2 (so I will assume the output is the 2.1 amps as stated on the product description).
All-in-all I am happy with the product. Quick shipping via Amazon Prime was definitely a plus as well.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Not as low profile as advertised. Don't purchase for Audi Q5. It won't allow the tray cover to close with it inside.Published 3 days ago by Cecil Payne
It didn't last very long...about 6 months, maybe??? Waste of $$$$Published 5 days ago by Captain Craig
Vehicle used to have multiple power sources (the old cigarette lighters), but my new car come with just one. Read morePublished 12 days ago by JFleckenstein
Works great as stated! Only a very small part of the charger is left outside of the car charger port. However I believe it can be made even a bit smaller.Published 14 days ago by Cheung Kai Chung
It actually charges your device, as opposed to merely holding the current charge which is what the majority of the "chargers" can only accomplish. Read morePublished 25 days ago by honestreviews
Works great for my HomePatrol II scanner in my car. I needed a USB charger for the batteries and it keeps them fully charged all the time. Read morePublished 28 days ago by Christopher C
Got this to be able to charge an iPad in an RV cigarette lighter outlet. Most don't have enough output to charge one (apparently due to an idiosyncratic Apple decision based, I... Read morePublished 29 days ago by JDM