Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 questions
votes
Note that Airs through the 2011 model came with 2 - USB 2.0 ports; starting with the 2012 model they now ship with 2 - USB 3.0 ports. USB USB 2.0 powered HDs are designed to work within standard USB 2.0 specs, i.e. max 0.5 A @ 5V. If you are getting 2 external drives to work through one hub that is pretty good already, as together they are probably drawing greater than the USB 2.0 spec. The Air's USB ports are purposely over-designed to power an external Superdrive, which pulls 6-7 W (a bit over 1 A @ 5V, which is actually greater than the USB 3 spec of 0.9 A @ 5V). That's what makes an Air great at charging Iphones, which similarly pull about 1A. I would recommend running "overpowered" devices like the Superdrive or iPhone directly from the Air's USB port, and not through a USB 2.0 hub. If you need to run a bunch of lower power USB devices, too, it would be fine to run those through a hub on the Air's other USB port. Mainly my $0.02, but I am a very happy owner of a 2011 Air which has worked very hard over the last 14 months, and shows no signs at slowing down.
Sep 26, 2012 by M. Pringle
votes
I am not sure...I'm unaware of any incompatibilities.
Dec 11, 2013 by pen name
votes
Yes, you just need a USB port. It doesn't matter what the operating system is. I hope this helps. I am very happy with my hub.
Sep 14, 2013 by teacher
votes
Probably insufficient power...I use this for input/output, not charging.
Feb 1, 2014 by Raymond E. Rippel
votes
I plugged it into my 2011 Mac Mini and it charged my iPad, so I think there is a good chance it will charge yours. Remember the iPad should be charged off of 2amp, but I have plugged it into a 1amp charger and it has charged even while saying that it isn't charging.
Dec 11, 2013 by Kamikaze
votes
Warranty Dec 11, 2013
I've not had to ask about that... it worked. If bought recent check with maker (vendor) but no issues to date
Dec 11, 2013 by Colleen Chaddock
votes
As I recall, it did, and it was 'from the factory' so to speak. Certainly it was new.
Dec 9, 2013 by James L. Haigh
votes
yes it does work with the new iMac i am actually very happy because is very convenient to connect and disconnect other gadgets from the mac, and yes you can charge with this port
Sep 16, 2013 by Juan Reyes
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers