4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed

Published on February 23, 2011 by Kim

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but beware, February 23, 2011
Kim (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Satin Black Spider Coat Rack
I wanted a coat hanger for my office at work and this was the perfect size and price. Overall, I am very happy with it. However, it's not exactly as pictured. The model you see here with the curvy prongs on the top has been discontinued. The manufacturer has replaced the curvy prongs with ones that curve straight out and up so it loses some of the softness that I thought the curvy handles exhibit. The little round nubs on the ends of each prong don't all fit perfectly and can come off. I guess you can glue them to secure them? The rack was easy to assemble and I'm very happy with it. The company was very responsive and accommodating when I told them of the difference in appearance. I gave it 3 stars but would have given it 4 if the rack I got was exactly what is depicted on Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, February 16, 2010
This review is from: Satin Black Spider Coat Rack
This coat rack was easy to assemble and sturdy. The base is large enough to make it fairly stable but be sure and distribute the weight evenly. Although the description read "free shipping" we had to pay shipping through Amazon, anyway so beware of that cost. The finish is tough and durable. We had looked at several retailers for coat trees and could not find one in our price range. This one was a good choice for the money, and actually better quality than the one I saw at Pier 1.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly made and designed coat rack, January 2, 2012
RH (CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Satin Black Spider Coat Rack
very poorly made. The rack does not stand flat on the floor; it was wobbly. The end caps is loosely sitted on the arms (I ended up supergluing them), the supplied screw stripped and I had to superglue them too. I would not recommend this at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, January 4, 2011
I assembled it the moment I got it and was very pleased. Very easy to assemble, with all the pieces fitting together perfectly. I have several winter coats on it and it's very solid, looks low key but stylish/classy, and a decent weight (doesn't tip over easily). The metal quality seems good and it seems like it should last a long time. At ~$20, it's unbeatable.

HOWEVER- There is a SLIGHT deviation from the actual appearance and the appearance of it in the photo. The photo makes the four spokes at the top look as though they come straight up, which they don't. They actually come out at an angle which actually looks much more aesthetically pleasing, to me. One appearance deviation I'm actually thankful for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly Designed Coat Rack Has Wobbly Base, April 28, 2012
Thaddius Mumford "Shop Saver" (SAN JOSE, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Satin Black Spider Coat Rack
Do not waste your time buying this coat rack, it's not worth even $5. I assembled it perfectly and all of the pieces fit well except for the plastic caps which I discuss below. When it came time to stand it up on the floor it was apparent this rack is terribly designed. The base is joined by two cross bars with a single center screw that is unable to secure the base adequately. The cross bars do not lay flat and the rack wobbles and tips very easily. If that's not enough, the plastic caps that cover the holes at the ends of the hanger bars don't fit. The only way you could make them stay on would be to apply some hot glue to secure them. I took back this coat rack just as fast as I could disassemble it and box it back up. It's awful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Was Looking For!, January 30, 2010
Mary Lee (Richmond, Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Satin Black Spider Coat Rack
It's a touch taller than I expected, but that worked to my benefit for longer coats. It's sturdy, balanced and yes indeed I do recommend this. Great price, too and the shipping was FAST! Many thanks!

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing..., September 6, 2010
First off...the coat rack i recieved did not match the picture. The top rails don't arch up like in the photo, they just stick out. On top of that, it is extremely wobbly. I still use it, but overall very dissapointing

1.0 out of 5 stars coat rack, July 16, 2012
This review is from: Satin Black Spider Coat Rack
Not very strong for coats, it wobbles around and isn't stable or strong. One of the plastic balls were cracked and had to be repaired. Very disaapointed in this product:(

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Wobbly But Great Price, December 13, 2011
This review is from: Satin Black Spider Coat Rack
I ordered this after reading the other reviews, but for the price it is perfect for my needs. I didn't want to spend a fortune on a coat rack at work. This one can be a bit wobbly on a carpeted floor, and yes the round things do not stay on the hooks. I plan to add some super glue to resolve that issue soon though. Again, it looks decent, is as expected, and for the price, fit my needs exactly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Value for Price, December 9, 2011
This review is from: Satin Black Spider Coat Rack
I ordered this coat rack because I wanted a coat rack that was inexpensive yet looked modern. It fits the bill. It is lightweight so you do have to sort of balance where you place your coats. However, for the price it looks good, was easy to put together and is very functional. I would say that there are no extra end caps in the package and I did have one break during assembly, so be easy with the end caps.

Update: After having this for a while ..I have to say..the top doesnt spin so it is hard to access coats and the fact that it is so lightweight IS a problem.

Satin Black Spider Coat Rack