Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on September 6, 2013
This hat would be a bargain at two or three times the price...if you have a fairly large head. This hat fits me perfectly. I can never find women's hats that are big enough and usually buy a size Large in men's hats. I was so glad to find this hat!

Not for kids unless they want the hat around their ears or tilted way back.
on October 3, 2013
I recently bought a real (male) human skeleton from an auction house. This was not a Halloween purchase - I have just always wanted one and the time/price was right. Mr. Skeleton has not yet arrived; he's off for a professional cleaning and refurbishing on the way here. When he gets to his new home, I am going to have a party to welcome and name him.

So anyway, he hangs from a stand by a bolt and ring on the skull. I bought him a blue tie NEW SOLID ROYAL BLUE SATIN Mens Necktie Neck Tie , blue LED glasses Glofx Colored LED Glasses - Blue Led Glasses - For Rave Party - Durable High Quality and this hat for the occasion. (I also bought a bunch of glow sticks for the live guests 300 8" Premium Glow Stick Bracelets (10 Color Mixed Assortment) .) However, I will have to cut a hole in the hat so he can wear it.

The hat arrived. It is FAR too sturdy and just plain awesome to ruin! It's shiny, well made, and looks like it cost a lot more than it did! Unlike some other reviewers, no one in the house had a problem with it being too small. I suppose some other Amazon buyers must have larger brains than my family! My 13 yr old son tried it right on and asked if I'd order another for him, so I just gave this one to him. This morning he even wore it to school; it was a special "wear a hat" day for a fundraiser. Now I'm torn - buy another for Mr. Skeleton, or get something more worthy of having a hole cut in it.

If any of you have name ideas, leave me a comment. Today is 10/3/13...the party won't be for at least a month!
1010 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2013
It was really good quality and perfect size for my head. but my only complaint is it was very bent up from the packaging. I couldn't unbend it.
on October 30, 2015
Decent felt top hat. Definitely not satin, although it does have a satin band around the base. From the description, I thought it might be a bit large, and it is actually humongous on me (normally a smaller hat size). But I'm using it for a costume and it fits the bill for a reasonable price. I'm adding netting and gears, and the hat is pretty easy to sew through.
review image
on November 1, 2011
This hat arrived promptly, and I was surprised at how nice the quality was! The material has a smooth, satiny finish and the construction of the hat is very sturdy. It was the perfect finishing touch to my Halloween costume! If you have a particularly large head, the hat might be a little small, but it fit me perfectly.
on September 23, 2013
The hat is fine. Cheap but of course you are only paying $8 or so. The problem is that it was packed with other things as it was shipped and the brim got dented and can not be fixed now. I don't know if I will be able to wear it or not.
on March 12, 2015
Quite a good costume top hat! It's believable looking -- about 6" tall with a real ribbon hat band. It is well-shaped (provided it is shipped well - our first was overly protected to the point of damage from within the box!). Best of all, it is made of a decent-looking, black, felt-like material that does not look like costume material but instead looks like real hat felt. It's very nice for a faux!

We were a little worried about fit, as we have some big-headed types who wanted to wear this (i.e., hat size 7 1/2 and 7 5/8 ). It worked out fine, though - a bit snug for the 7 5/8, but perfectly usable. It seems to have some give to it, and it is most definitely sized for adults. This might be one of the few "one size" hats I have seen that actually does fit most who try it! It's a great deal for the price, unless you happen to leave it sitting in a public venue. We discovered that it is not a hat that gets turned in to lost and found, or returned if you put your name and number in it -- I just need to figure out a way to attach it to my son / husband / friend / (whoever happens to be wearing it) so it makes it home again each time. I guess modern guys just are not used to top hots as a fashion accessory!
on March 15, 2016
I bought this hat to use for a steampunk costume at the RenFair. It worked and was good enough for a prop. However, the material is cheap. For example, the "tie" around the hat (just above the brim) is very thin fabric. The hat construction itself is just ok. I purchased a pair of goggles to put on the hat (wrapped around the lid and resting on the brim) and they slightly "caved in" the front of the hat. I had to loosen the goggles to their widest capacity and even then it slightly caved in the hat. For costume purposes, these are just minor complaints. Good for the money.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 28, 2016
I purchased this for my steampunk costumes and I added some lace, a pair of goggles, and some other smaller elements to the hat to dress it up a bit and it turned out great. The only problem I have with it is that I must have a small head, because it is big enough to keep sliding down my head and into my face. It's not a problem when I'm wearing a wig, but when I wear it with my natural hair it's far too big. I will have to get some batting or something to put around the inside to resize it a bit. Overall, I'm pleased with it.
review image review image
on May 3, 2016
Good Sturdy Product. Being a costume piece you can definitely feel that it is made out of a plastic felt mix however it's looks the part. Definitely a good product if you're not looking to break the bank on a real handmade top hat.