Saturday Night Live 14 Seasons 1977
Amazon Instant Video
1. Saturday Night Live (SNL) September 18, 1976 - Lily Tomlin / James Taylor "Live from New York, it's Saturday Night". Lily Tomlin hosts this very first episode of the second season, with Musical Guest James Taylor who performed four songs, including "Sweet Baby James" and "Shower the People."
2. Saturday Night Live (SNL) September 25, 1976 - Norman Lear / Boz Scaggs Norman Lear hosts with musical guest Boz Scaggs ("Lowdown" and "What Can I Say")
3. Saturday Night Live (SNL) October 2, 1976 - Eric Idle / Joe Cocker with John Belushi Eric Idle hosts with Musical Guest Joe Cocker who John Belushi joins on stage to sing "Feelin' Alright" and a bonus Musical performance by Stuff ("Foots").
4. Saturday Night Live (SNL) October 16, 1976 - Karen Black / John Prine Karen Black hosts with Musical Guest John Prine ("Hello in There" and "The Bottomless Lake").
5. Saturday Night Live (SNL) October 23, 1976 - Steve Martin / Kinky Friedman Steve Martin is joined by musical guest Kinky Freidman ("Dear Abbie").
6. Saturday Night Live (SNL) October 30, 1976 - Buck Henry / The Band Buck Henry hosts SNL for the third time is accidentally cut on the forehead by John Belushi during the Samurai Stockbroker sketch. The Band performs three songs: "Life is Carnival", "The Night they Drove Old Dixie Down", and "Stage Fright".
7. Saturday Night Live (SNL) November 13, 1976 - Dick Cavett / Ry Cooder Dick Cavett hosts with Musical Guest Ry Cooder ("Tattler" and "He'll Have to Go").
8. Saturday Night Live (SNL) November 20, 1976 - Paul Simon / Paul Simon & George Harrison Paul Simon hosts the Thanksgiving episode that includes the infamous Turkey Suit Monologue and performed "Here Comes The Sun", and "Homeward Bound" with George Harrison.
9. Saturday Night Live (SNL) November 27, 1976 - Jodie Foster / Brian Wilson Jodie Foster hosts as the youngest host so far. She is joined by Musical Guest Brian Wilson ("Back Home", "Love is a Woman", and "Good Vibrations").
10. Saturday Night Live (SNL) December 11, 1976 - Candice Bergen / Frank Zappa Candice Bergen hosts. During a sketch called "Extremely Stupid" Candice flubs her lines and cracks up live to Gilda Radner's improv. Musical Guest is Frank Zappa ("I'm the Slime, "Lagoon", and "Peaches & Regalia").
11. Saturday Night Live (SNL) January 15, 1977 - Ralph Nader / George Benson Bill Murray's first show. First Coneheads sketch to air. Hosted by Ralph Nader with Musical Guest George Benson ("Masquerade", "Gonna Love You More").
12. Saturday Night Live (SNL) January 22, 1977 - Ruth Gordan / Chuck Berry Ruth Gordon is joined by musical guest Chuck Berry ("Johnny B. Goode", "Marie", "Carol").
13. Saturday Night Live (SNL) January 29, 1977 - Fran Tarkenton / Leo Sayer / Donny Harper and The Voices of Tomorrow Fran Tarkenton hosts with musical guest Leo Sayer ("When I Need You" and "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing") and Donny Harper and the Voices of Tomorrow ("Sing a Song").
14. Saturday Night Live (SNL) February 26, 1977 - Steve Martin / The Kinks Steve Martin appears as host with musical guest The Kinks ("Sleepwalker").
15. Saturday Night Live (SNL) March 12, 1977 - Sissy Spacek / Richard Baskin Iconic episode that won an Emmy for "Outstanding Writing in a Comedy-Variety or Music Series". Hosted by Sissy Spacek with Musical Guest Richard Baskin ("One I Love You" and "City of One Night Stands").
16. Saturday Night Live (SNL) March 19, 1977 - Broderick Crawford / Levon Helm / The Meters Special Guest Linda Rostandt appears as one of the Rondette's in the Cold Open. Host Broderick Crawford is joined by musical guest Levon Helm ("Sing Sing Sing", "Aint that a lot of Love") and The Meters ("I Got to Get my Name Up in Lights").
17. Saturday Night Live (SNL) March 26, 1977 - Jack Burns / Santana Jack Burns hosts with musical guest Santana ("Black Magic Woman" and "Europa").
18. Saturday Night Live (SNL) April 9 , 1977 - Julian Bond / Tom Waits Julian Bond hosts with musical guests Tom Waits ("Eggs & Sausages", "Dazz").
19. Saturday Night Live (SNL) April 16, 1977 - Elliott Gould / Rosalyn Kind, Kate & Anna McGarrigle Elliott Gould is joined by special musical guests Rosalyn Kind ("I'm Not Anyone") and The McGarrigle Sisters ("Kiss and Say Goodbye" and "Heart Like a Wheel').
20. Saturday Night Live (SNL) April 23, 1977 - Eric Idle / Alan Price & Neil Innes Eric Idle returns as host with musical guests Alan Price ("Poor People", "In Times Like These") and Neil Innes ("Cheese and Onions" and "Shangri-La").
21. Saturday Night Live (SNL) May 14, 1977 - Shelley Duvall / Joan Armatrading Shelley Duvall host with musical guest Joan Armatrading ("Love and Affection" and "Down to Zero").
22. Saturday Night Live (SNL) May 21, 1977 - Buck Henry / Jennifer Warnes Buck Henry returns to host with musical guests Jennifer Warnes ("Right Time of the Night") and Kenny Vance ("The Performer").
|Director||Dave Wilson, Gary Weis|
|Starring||Steve Martin, The Kinks|
|Supporting actors||The Kinks, Dan Aykroyd, John Belushi, Jane Curtin, Garrett Morris, Bill Murray, Laraine Newman, Gilda Radner, Anne Beatts, Tom Davis, Joe Dicso, James Downey, Al Franken, Cheryl Hardwick, Mitchell Laurance, Marilyn Suzanne Miller, Michael O'Donoghue, Don Pardo|
|Executive Producer||Jean Doumanian|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
This was a favorite show in my youth, a time when I was allowed to stay up late on Saturday night and watch good tv.
The music was as important as the humor, and this season showcases such immortals as George Harrison, Frank Zappa, Joe Cocker, Paul Simon and Chuck Berry.
Yes, it's hit and miss (as SNL has always been) but it's so much fun seeing the show evolve and turn into the classic we all so fondly remember.
They are very funny. SNL in the 1970's were the Best! Nothing compares to SNL IN THOSE DAYS. James Taylor and Boz Scaggs were in excellent form and I so enjoyed their... Read morePublished 24 days ago by JAC
Where do I start--the music, the sketches--the actors--this was probably snl's strongest season. I also loved season 1, but in this season the show kind of came into its own. Read morePublished 2 months ago by ilikebooks
I checked (clicked) a different episode from season 2 and, once the purchase was finished, realized the site went ahead and sold me the first episode anyway. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Vintrovert
The first season of SNL there were a lot of misses and you can see where they start to find some footing. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Eve
Chevy Chase, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, John Belushi, et al.
The classic political humor and edgy satire that started in season one, never ends. Read more
Much less politically correct restrictions, better talent. As I said the first cast was the best cast.. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Scott
I love SNL but this one wasn't that funny. Hope to watch other seasons that will be funnier and more entertaining.Published 8 months ago by Debbie Cuellar
I bought the episode just for the Snake Handlers skit and haven't watched the rest. Great satirical commentary on how tv sitcoms get birthed. "Snake, please."Published 8 months ago by Stephen Baughman
In this second season of SNL, Lorne Michaels introduces Billy Murray, the Coneheads and great comedy skits and musical guests including The Band, Chuck Berry, George Harrison, Paul... Read morePublished 9 months ago by dean tredway