Saturday Night Live 14 Seasons 1976
Amazon Instant Video
1. Saturday Night Live (SNL) October 11, 1975 - George Carlin / Billy Preston, Janis Ian "Live from New York, it's Saturday Night". George Carlin hosts this very first episode, which aired on October 11, 1975. Musical Guests include Billy Preston ("Nothing From Nothing" and "Fancy Lady") and Janis Ian ("At Seventeen" and "In The Winter").
2. Saturday Night Live (SNL) October 18, 1975 - Paul Simon / Randy Newman, Phoebe Snow Paul Simon hosts with musical guests Art Garfunkel ("The Boxer", "Scarborough Fair". "My Little Town"), Randy Newman ("Sail Away"), The Jesse Dixon Singers ("Loves Me Like A Rock") and Phoebe Snow ("No Regrets"). Paul also performs "Still Crazy After All These Years", "Marie" and "American Tune".
3. Saturday Night Live (SNL) October 25, 1975 - Rob Reiner Rob Reiner hosts with special guests The Lockers (Toni Basil) and Andy Kaufman ("Pop Goes The Weasel").
4. Saturday Night Live (SNL) November 8, 1975 - Candice Bergen / Esther Phillips Candice Bergen hosts with musical guest Esther Phillips ("What A Difference A Day Makes" and "I Can Stand A Little Rain").
5. Saturday Night Live (SNL) November 15, 1975 - Robert Klein / ABBA, Loudon Wainwright III Robert Klein is joined by musical guests ABBA ('S.O.S." and "Waterloo") and Loudan Wainwright III ("Bicentennial Certainty" and "Unrequieted To The Nth Degree").
6. Saturday Night Live (SNL) November 22, 1975 - Lily Tomlin Lily Tomlin reads from her notebook and does a cheer for New York while hosting the sixth show of the season.
7. Saturday Night Live (SNL) December 13, 1975 - Richard Pryor / Gil Scott-Heron Richard Pryor talks about women who leave men, winos and acid while hosting this seven-second delayed episode. Richard is joined by musical guest Gil Scott-Heron ("Johannesburg" and "A Lovely Day").
8. Saturday Night Live (SNL) December 20, 1975 - Candice Bergen / Martha Reeves, The Stylistics Candice Bergen hosts this Christmas episode with musical guests Martha Reeves ("Higher and Higher" and "Silver Bells" ) and The Stylistics ("You Make Me Feel Brand New").
9. Saturday Night Live (SNL) January 10, 1976 - Elliott Gould / Anne Murray Elliott Gould hosts with musical guest Anne Murray ("Long Distance Call" and "Boogie With You").
10. Saturday Night Live (SNL) January 17, 1976 - Buck Henry / Bill Withers, Toni Basil Buck Henry hosts with musical guests Bill Withers ("Ain't No Sunshine') and Toni Basil ("Wham").
11. Saturday Night Live (SNL) January 24, 1976 - Peter Cook & Dudley Moore / Neil Sedaka Peter Cook & Dudley Moore host with musical guest Neil Sedaka ("Breaking Up Is hard To Do" and "Lonely Night").
12. Saturday Night Live (SNL) January 31, 1976 - Dick Cavett / Jimmy Cliff Dick Cavett is joined by musical guest Jimmy Cliff ("The Harder They Come", "Many Rivers To Cross" and "Wahjaka Man").
13. Saturday Night Live (SNL) February 14, 1976 - Peter Boyle / Al Jarreau Peter Boyle hosts with musical guest Al Jarreau ("We Got By" and "Pretty As A Picture").
14. Saturday Night Live (SNL) February 21, 1976 - Desi Arnaz / Desi Arnaz, Jr. Desi Arnaz appears as host and musical guest with special guest, Desi Arnaz, Jr.
15. Saturday Night Live (SNL) February 28, 1976 - Jill Clayburgh / Leon Redbone, The Singing Idlers Jill Clayburgh hosts with musical guest Leon Redbone ("Ain't Misbehavin'" and "Big TimeWoman").
16. Saturday Night Live (SNL) March 13, 1976 - Anthony Perkins / Betty Carter Anthony Perkins is joined by musical guest Betty Carter ("Music Maestro, Please", "Swing Brother Swing" and "I Can't Help It").
17. Saturday Night Live (SNL) April 17, 1976 - Ron Nessen / Patti Smith Group U.S. Press Secretary Ron Nessen hosts with musical guest The Patti Smith Group ("Gloria" and "My Generation").
18. Saturday Night Live (SNL) April 24, 1976 - Raquel Welch / Phoebe Snow, John Sebastian Raquel Welch hosts with musical guests Phoebe Snow ("All Over" and "Two Fisted Love") and John Sebastian ("Welcome Back").
19. Saturday Night Live (SNL) May 8, 1976 - Madeline Kahn / Carly Simon Madeline Kahn is joined by special musical guest Carly Simon ("You're So Vain" and "Half A Chance').
20. Saturday Night Live (SNL) May 15, 1976 - Dyan Cannon / Leon & Mary Russell Dyan Cannon hosts with musical guest Leon and Mary Russell ("I Want To Satisfy You" and "Daylight").
21. Saturday Night Live (SNL) May 22, 1976 - Buck Henry / Gordon Lightfoot Buck Henry returns to host with musical guest Gordon Lightfoot ("Summertime Dream" and "Spanish Moss").
22. Saturday Night Live (SNL) May 29, 1976 - Elliott Gould / Leon Redbone, Harlan Collins & Joyce Everson Elliott Gould returns to host as does musical guest Leon Redbone ("Shine On Harvest Moon" and "Walking Stick").
23. Saturday Night Live (SNL) July 24, 1976 - Louise Lasser / Preservation Hall Jazz Band Louise Lasser hosts with musical guests The Preservation Hall Jazz Band ("Panama").
24. Saturday Night Live (SNL) July 31, 1976 - Kris Kirstofferson / Rita Coolidge Kris Kristofferson appears as host and musical guest ("I've Got A Life Of My Own") with special guest Rita Coolidge ("Hoola Hoop" and "Eddie The Eunuch").
|Director||Dave Wilson, Gary Weis|
|Starring||Madeline Kahn, Carly Simon|
|Supporting actors||Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Howard Shore, Dan Aykroyd, John Belushi, Chevy Chase, Jane Curtin, Garrett Morris, Laraine Newman, Gilda Radner, Al Franken, Marilyn Suzanne Miller, Michael O'Donoghue, Don Pardo, Paul Shaffer|
|Executive Producer||Jean Doumanian|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
Each of these gentlemen had a unique ability to make you smile, while at the same time delivering thought provoking messages.
GREAT PURCHASE IT WAS ALL I EXPECTED IT TO BE JUST AS FUNNY NOW AS IT WAS THENPublished 18 days ago by Mickey Bridger
I had forgotten how "new and different" the show was at that time. Loved watching George Carlin again.Published 18 days ago by Barbara Meyers
I always wanted to get the first year of SNL. I moved out of the house and shared a house with two other guys from Grumman Aerospace. Wine, women and SNL. Great comboPublished 1 month ago by Robert W Kenney
Great buy for all SNL fans. Richard Pryor and Gil Scott-Heron together, is the bomb. This is why we couldn't go out until SLN went off.Published 2 months ago by Isaac Davis
The first few seasons of SNL were some of the best comedy you can buy! I can remember seeing this show and laughing so hard tears streamed down my face. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Informed 1
If you are a SNL lover of the 70s and 80s, this is one of the funniest video volumes out there!Published 3 months ago by Debra Sewell
Please make it possible to rent the classic SNL, back in the good old days when it was actually funny. This one was a waste of time.Published 3 months ago by Katchak Yol
I purchased this as a gift for a friend that loves the old SNL skits. She loves it, so I'm rating it 5 stars.Published 3 months ago by Laci Ledbetter
Two masters of their craft Mr. Richard Pryor, and the musical guest, Mr. Gil Scott-Heron on the same episode. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Darren P. Calhoun