Saturday Night Live 15 Seasons 1976
1. Saturday Night Live (SNL) October 11, 1975 - George Carlin / Billy Preston, Janis Ian "Live from New York, it's Saturday Night". George Carlin hosts this very first episode, which aired on October 11, 1975. Musical Guests include Billy Preston ("Nothing From Nothing" and "Fancy Lady") and Janis Ian ("At Seventeen" and "In The Winter").
2. Saturday Night Live (SNL) October 18, 1975 - Paul Simon / Randy Newman, Phoebe Snow Paul Simon hosts with musical guests Art Garfunkel ("The Boxer", "Scarborough Fair". "My Little Town"), Randy Newman ("Sail Away"), The Jesse Dixon Singers ("Loves Me Like A Rock") and Phoebe Snow ("No Regrets"). Paul also performs "Still Crazy After All…
3. Saturday Night Live (SNL) October 25, 1975 - Rob Reiner Rob Reiner hosts with special guests The Lockers (Toni Basil) and Andy Kaufman ("Pop Goes The Weasel").
4. Saturday Night Live (SNL) November 8, 1975 - Candice Bergen / Esther Phillips Candice Bergen hosts with musical guest Esther Phillips ("What A Difference A Day Makes" and "I Can Stand A Little Rain").
5. Saturday Night Live (SNL) November 15, 1975 - Robert Klein / ABBA, Loudon Wainwright III Robert Klein is joined by musical guests ABBA ('S.O.S." and "Waterloo") and Loudan Wainwright III ("Bicentennial Certainty" and "Unrequieted To The Nth Degree").
6. Saturday Night Live (SNL) November 22, 1975 - Lily Tomlin Lily Tomlin reads from her notebook and does a cheer for New York while hosting the sixth show of the season.
7. Saturday Night Live (SNL) December 13, 1975 - Richard Pryor / Gil Scott-Heron Richard Pryor talks about women who leave men, winos and acid while hosting this seven-second delayed episode. Richard is joined by musical guest Gil Scott-Heron ("Johannesburg" and "A Lovely Day").
8. Saturday Night Live (SNL) December 20, 1975 - Candice Bergen / Martha Reeves, The Stylistics Candice Bergen hosts this Christmas episode with musical guests Martha Reeves ("Higher and Higher" and "Silver Bells" ) and The Stylistics ("You Make Me Feel Brand New").
9. Saturday Night Live (SNL) January 10, 1976 - Elliott Gould / Anne Murray Elliott Gould hosts with musical guest Anne Murray ("Long Distance Call" and "Boogie With You").
10. Saturday Night Live (SNL) January 17, 1976 - Buck Henry / Bill Withers, Toni Basil Buck Henry hosts with musical guests Bill Withers ("Ain't No Sunshine') and Toni Basil ("Wham").
11. Saturday Night Live (SNL) January 24, 1976 - Peter Cook & Dudley Moore / Neil Sedaka Peter Cook & Dudley Moore host with musical guest Neil Sedaka ("Breaking Up Is hard To Do" and "Lonely Night").
12. Saturday Night Live (SNL) January 31, 1976 - Dick Cavett / Jimmy Cliff Dick Cavett is joined by musical guest Jimmy Cliff ("The Harder They Come", "Many Rivers To Cross" and "Wahjaka Man").
13. Saturday Night Live (SNL) February 14, 1976 - Peter Boyle / Al Jarreau Peter Boyle hosts with musical guest Al Jarreau ("We Got By" and "Pretty As A Picture").
14. Saturday Night Live (SNL) February 21, 1976 - Desi Arnaz / Desi Arnaz, Jr. Desi Arnaz appears as host and musical guest with special guest, Desi Arnaz, Jr.
15. Saturday Night Live (SNL) February 28, 1976 - Jill Clayburgh / Leon Redbone, The Singing Idlers Jill Clayburgh hosts with musical guest Leon Redbone ("Ain't Misbehavin'" and "Big TimeWoman").
16. Saturday Night Live (SNL) March 13, 1976 - Anthony Perkins / Betty Carter Anthony Perkins is joined by musical guest Betty Carter ("Music Maestro, Please", "Swing Brother Swing" and "I Can't Help It").
17. Saturday Night Live (SNL) April 17, 1976 - Ron Nessen / Patti Smith Group U.S. Press Secretary Ron Nessen hosts with musical guest The Patti Smith Group ("Gloria" and "My Generation").
18. Saturday Night Live (SNL) April 24, 1976 - Raquel Welch / Phoebe Snow, John Sebastian Raquel Welch hosts with musical guests Phoebe Snow ("All Over" and "Two Fisted Love") and John Sebastian ("Welcome Back").
19. Saturday Night Live (SNL) May 8, 1976 - Madeline Kahn / Carly Simon Madeline Kahn is joined by special musical guest Carly Simon ("You're So Vain" and "Half A Chance').
20. Saturday Night Live (SNL) May 15, 1976 - Dyan Cannon / Leon & Mary Russell Dyan Cannon hosts with musical guest Leon and Mary Russell ("I Want To Satisfy You" and "Daylight").
21. Saturday Night Live (SNL) May 22, 1976 - Buck Henry / Gordon Lightfoot Buck Henry returns to host with musical guest Gordon Lightfoot ("Summertime Dream" and "Spanish Moss").
22. Saturday Night Live (SNL) May 29, 1976 - Elliott Gould / Leon Redbone, Harlan Collins & Joyce Everson Elliott Gould returns to host as does musical guest Leon Redbone ("Shine On Harvest Moon" and "Walking Stick").
23. Saturday Night Live (SNL) July 24, 1976 - Louise Lasser / Preservation Hall Jazz Band Louise Lasser hosts with musical guests The Preservation Hall Jazz Band ("Panama").
24. Saturday Night Live (SNL) July 31, 1976 - Kris Kirstofferson / Rita Coolidge Kris Kristofferson appears as host and musical guest ("I've Got A Life Of My Own") with special guest Rita Coolidge ("Hoola Hoop" and "Eddie The Eunuch").
|Director||Dave Wilson, Gary Weis|
|Starring||Madeline Kahn, Carly Simon|
|Supporting actors||Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Howard Shore, Dan Aykroyd, John Belushi, Chevy Chase, Jane Curtin, Garrett Morris, Laraine Newman, Gilda Radner, Al Franken, Marilyn Suzanne Miller, Michael O'Donoghue, Don Pardo, Paul Shaffer|
|Producers||Jean Doumanian, Craig Kellem, Lorne Michaels, Gary Weis, Dick Ebersol|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
The orginal cast was the very best. Still funny after all these years.Published 5 days ago by Mlcarr1
The original cast and where it all began. Raw and unpolished in places, and that's what makes it so great. Hilarious!Published 7 days ago by David Eaton Coker
Omg. Great stuff but incredibly poor copy of original. Should have been re-mastered.Published 9 days ago by Chuckles
All my favorites in one pack. Nothing like the original cast of SNL.Published 22 days ago by Patricia Peck
Some of the episodes were slow & boring -- makes one question how the show has lasted 40 years -- thank goodness it picked up!Published 1 month ago by YoOH