Saturday Night Live 16 Seasons 1977
1. Saturday Night Live (SNL) September 24, 1977 ? Steve Martin / Jackson Browne Steve martin returns to host the season premiere with musical guest Jackson Browne ("Running On Empty" and "The Pretender").
2. Saturday Night Live (SNL) October 8, 1977 – Madeline Kahn / Taj Mahal Madeline Kahn hosts with musical guest Taj Mahal ("Queen Bee"). Special Appearance by Dame Edna (Barry Humphries).
3. Saturday Night Live (SNL) October 15, 1977 ? Hugh Hefner / Libby Titus Hugh Hefner hosts with musical guest Libby Titus ("Fool That I Am").
4. Saturday Night Live (SNL) October 29, 1977 – Charles Grodin / Paul Simon Charles Grodin welcomes musical guest Paul Simon ("Slip Slidin' Away" and "So Kind"). Sketches include Coneheads Halloween, Mainway, Brownie, Samurai Dry Cleaners and special appearance by Art Garfunkel.
5. Saturday Night Live (SNL) November 12, 1977 – Ray Charles Ray Charles hosts. Musical Performances include "I Can See Clearly Now", "What'd I Say", and "Oh, What A Beautiful Morning". Special Appearance by stand-up comedian Franklyn Ajaye.
6. Saturday Night Live (SNL) November 19, 1977 – Buck Henry / Leon Redbone Buck Henry hosts and kicks off Anyone Can Host contest where we meet the five finalists. Leon Redbone returns as musical guest ("Champagne Charlie" and "Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone").
7. Saturday Night Live (SNL) December 10, 1977 ? Mary Kay Place / Willie Nelson Mary Kay Place is joined by Willie Nelson ("Whiskey River" and "Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain"). Special Appearance by Andy Kaufman.
8. Saturday Night Live (SNL) December 17, 1977 – Miskel Spillman / Elvis Costello Anyone Can Host winner Miskel Spillman welcomes Elvis Costello ("Watching The Detectives" and "Radio, Radio") for this SNL Christmas episode.
9. Saturday Night Live (SNL) January 21, 1978 – Steve Martin / The Dirt Band Steve Martin hosts with musical guests The Dirt Band ("On The Loose With The Blues"). Sketch appearances by Roseanne Roseannadanna and the Coneheads on Family Feud.
10. Saturday Night Live (SNL) January 28, 1978 – Robert Klein / Bonnie Raitt Comedian Robert Klein hosts with musical performances by Bonnie Raitt ("Runaway" and "Give It All Up Or Let Me Go" . Sketches include Greek Restaurant, Nick Winters, Nerd Rock and Attack of The Giant Lobsters.
11. Saturday Night Live (SNL) February 18, 1978 – Chevy Chase / Billy Joel Chevy Chase returns for his first time hosting with musical guest Billy Joel ("Only The Good Die Young" and "Just The Way You Are").
12. Saturday Night Live (SNL) February 25, 1978 – O.J. Simpson / Ashford & Simpson O. J. Simpson hosts with performances by Ashford and Simpson ("So, So Satisfied" and "Don't Cost You Nothing"). Sketches include Samurai Night Fever and E. Buzz Miller's Animal Kingdom.
13. Saturday Night Live (SNL) March 11, 1978 ? Art Garfunkel / Stephen Bishop Art Garfunkel hosts and performs classic songs "All I Know" and "Scarborough Fair". Also, musical performance by Stephen Bishop ("On And On").
14. Saturday Night Live (SNL) March 18, 1978 – Jill Clayburgh / Eddie Money Jill Clayburgh returns to host with musical guest Eddie Money ("Two Tickets To Paradise" and " Baby Hold On".
15. Saturday Night Live (SNL) March 25, 1978 – Christopher Lee / Meat Loaf Christopher Lee hosts with musical guests Meat Loaf ("All Revved Up With No Place To Go" and "Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad").
16. Saturday Night Live (SNL) April 8 , 1978 – Michael Palin / Eugene Record Monty Python alum, Michael Palin hosts with musical guest Eugene Record ("Have You Seen Her?" and "Trying To Get To You").
17. Saturday Night Live (SNL) April 15, 1978 – Michael Sarrazin / Keith Jarrett Michael Sarrazin hosts with musical guest Keith Jarrett. Sketches include Judy Miller, E. Buzz Miller's Exercises and Point/Counterpoint.
18. Saturday Night Live (SNL) April 22 , 1978 – Steve Martin / The Blues Brothers Steve Martin returns with The Blues Brothers ("Hey Bartender" and "I Don't Know"). Sketches include Festrunk Brothers, Theodoric, Dancing In The Dark, King Tut, Nerds Science Fair and Point/Counterpoint.
19. Saturday Night Live (SNL) May 13, 1978 – Richard Dreyfuss / Jimmy Buffett & Gary Tigerman Richard Dreyfuss hosts with musical guests JIMMY BUFFETT ("Son Of A Sailor") and Gary Tigerman ("White Oaxacan Moon".) Sketches include Cone Encounters and Nick Springs.
20. Saturday Night Live (SNL) May 20, 1978 ? Buck Henry / Sun Ra Buck Henry hosts with musical guest Sun Ra. Sketches include Nerd Prom, Samurai T.V. Repairman, Greek Restaurant, Stunt Puppy and Point/Counterpoint.
|Starring||Steve Martin, Jackson Browne|
|Supporting actors||Al Franken, Tom Davis, Dan Aykroyd, John Belushi, Jane Curtin, Garrett Morris, Bill Murray, Laraine Newman, Gilda Radner, Bob Cranshaw, Cheryl Hardwick, Howard Johnson, Bert Jones, Steve Jordan, Tom Malone, Lou Marini, Don Pardo, Elliott Randall|
|Producers||Audrey Peart Dickman, Jean Doumanian, Lorne Michaels, James Signorelli|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
I've always enjoyed the original cast version of SNL and Season 3 does not disappoint! Extremely funny, and nice to see Gilda Radner at what she does best!Published 19 days ago by Susan Wise
Haven't watched it yet, as I've ordered the first 5 seasons, and have to watch them in order! I've seen all of them, so this will be a road down memory lane with some great laughs. Read morePublished 21 days ago by ck
Saturday Night Live was and still is one of the funniest tv shows I've ever had a pleasure to have watched. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Richard Woodruff
The orginal cast was the very best. Still funny after all these years.Published 3 months ago by Mlcarr1