Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

89%
11%
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 4, 2001
Every so often one comes across a quality astrological book that really stands out from the crowd and stands the test of repeated reading over time. "Saturn in Transit" is one such book. I have continued to read and re-read this over the last few years. In the best possible sense, it is a Saturnian treatment of the transits of Saturn. There is also a great deal of other high quality non-Saturn astrology here.
In addition to her obvious extensive experience as a practising astrologer, Erin Sullivan draws extensively on depth psychology and classical mythology to portray Saturn's developmental influence on our lives. The fourth section of the book, "The Personal Heroic Journey" stands out for me. Here the journey of Saturn around the birth chart is illuminated profoundly and accessibly. Sullivan begins the cycle at the midheaven and tenth house stage, "The Call To Adventure" as she terms it, in contrast to the more conventional viewpoint that places the ascendant and first house at the beginning of the cycle. From there on she comments on Saturn's movement round the chart and the various inner and outer lessons it has to teach us.
Countless practical examples are referred to throughout, with two contrasting case histories at the end showing how different but essentially similar each individual's "heroic quest for meaning" can be. As befits a book on Saturn it does all get a bit heavy going at times but is well worth the effort!
on October 14, 1998
I'll keep this short. Absolutely essential (I'm discovering the Arkana Contemporary Astrology Series). The archetypes of Saturn from ancient times... Saturn in the horoscope & its transits... The hero & the heroic journey... Not "pop astrology"... Psychology & mind... Dense, heavy, intelligent reading... Every sentence brings unified insight... My only complaint: I was enthralled for the first half of the book, as it triggered my own personal transformations... then hit a brick wall... the reading became less interesting as the author got into rites of passage and the more inaccessable (as far as i'm concerned) topics of the circle of spirit/cross of matter, Saturn transits over the meridian/horizon.... Undoubtedly, the only book on Saturn that I've ever considered reading with interest... Complete source, transforming
on September 29, 2001
I usually don't write reviews, but I really likes this book. I've read it twice now and the information contained in "Saturn in Transit" explained so much of what I have experienced, mostly in 7 year cycles (when Saturn adversly affected a 4 planet stellium I have). I've studied astrology off and on for a few years and knew there had to be a reason for the drastic changes, but until I read this book, I didn't connect what or how to deal with it..So now I am prepared for 2006! LOL. The book shed light not only on my craziness, but on the actions and feelings of lots of my friends too!
on July 29, 2014
This book has become an invaluable tool for me personally and the information is especially useful if you are having a major saturn transit specifically the hard aspects or transiting your ascendant. This book explains saturn in its true manifestation as far as pitfalls and potentials. I highly recommend this book, but be aware its best for people who already have a solid understanding of astrology.
on January 10, 2012
I stumbled upon this book at the public library and checked it out on impulse. Sullivan thoroughly describes the cycles of Saturn, revealing how his transits affect our lives. The 7 year cycles of Saturn described in this book align with past events and personal identity transformation in a truly fascinating way. I had several "Aha" moments that released and healed me concerning particular phases of my life that I was not proud of, nor particularly understood. I now understand! Each and every phase was an essential part of my destiny. Sullivan has helped me to look back on my own life with the eyes of compassion and the understanding and wisdom of an astrologer. Not only is this book insightful and healing, but it is brillantly and beautifully written, revealing an exceptional mind which I deeply admire. I love the scholarly feel of how Sullivan writes. She gives an in-depth analysis of each Saturn cycle, giving structure to Saturn's manifestation in our lives while sharing manifestations of Saturn's transits in the lives of others. I plan to buy the book. You should too.
on June 12, 2011
Erin Sullivan outlines the natural cycles of Saturn and the transits over all the houses, angles, in quadrants and to natal planets with mythological analogies and a psychological insight.
Throughout the informative explanations I recognised and understood a lot of experiences in my life.
The cycles of Saturn are explained together with other planets return or cycles within the same period of time with interpretations for these all combinations of planetary aspects, very helpful understanding of the most active astrological periods.
The element and the sign in which is natal Saturn are explained as innate patters and inherent messages important and active when experiencing the hits of Saturn.
This book allows to establish the entire frame of the life with the useful and developemental influence of Saturn.
on July 24, 2015
This book has been an amazing, thought provoking, journey through my life and every member of my family. I have been studying astrology for 20 years have read easily 1,000 books and a hand full including this one has been pertinent to how we can make ourselves the best version we can be.
on May 19, 2014
Erin is SO SMART! This is a very academic approach to astrology, which I love. I really enjoyed how she tied in the mythological aspects as well as the astronomy/geometry, though I definitely had trouble grasping aspects of it! This book is dense but packed with such excellent and useful information. If you want everything bundled up in bite-sized easy pieces, this is not the book for you, but if you want to dig deep into the details and nitty gritty of how these transits and aspects play out, then this book is a wealth of fantastic knowledge. THANK YOU ERIN FOR THE WORK THAT YOU DO!
on October 7, 2009
If you need a new look at Saturn, and we Saturn people usually DO....this book is very helpful. The outer planets are far more important than most beginners tend to think, being considered the Generational Planets they are a bit overlooked...and wrongly so, these are the energies that bring life's lessons and Saturn is King of Lessons....the TaskMaster and Father Time all in one great Swing of Mind Blowing Kick Ur Butt Engery every few years. Anyone interested in Astrology should know about Saturn first and foremost in my opinion...and I enjoyed this book immensely...fine addition to my Library.
on August 20, 2013
I love this book, I learned so muc about Saturn and its transition, it was very intense and needed to pay close attention to all the teaching, however, I am very happy to own it. Thank you!!!