4.0 out of 5 stars Quite outstanding for the price
I've just bought these shoes and did my first 8 mile run... absolutely comfortable! I'm an avid runner with close to 40 marathons and ultras, and a marathon pacer in recent years. I've used Nike, Adidas, New Balance, Brooks, Newton, etc... but these are my first Saucony.

Published 9 months ago by Vic HT

3.0 out of 5 stars Compared to my fantastic old Cohesion 3's
Compared to my fantastic old Cohesion 3's, these are more cheaply made, not quite as comfortable a fit (I take a wide width), and not as ergonomic (I supinate.) The cushioning in the heel is not as springy nor as well distributed as in the Cohesion 3. The Cohesion 7 is merely "acceptable," even at this low price. With much regret, I may give up on Saucony.
Published 2 months ago by boomdork

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite outstanding for the price, June 2, 2014
This review is from: Saucony Men's Cohesion 7 Running Shoe (Shoes)

I bought them because I unexpectedly glanced at them at a store ("not being buying" at the time), but got interested in them because of these features: they are very light, as a competition shoe, although having a big enough sole thickness for a soft stride. I have to say that the sole material is maybe too soft? (with my finger I can compress it) ...so I would recommend it for light runners. It is very comfortable, remarkably around the ankle, and low enough for not hurting with the movement. The shoe is very flexible, you can twist it with your hands ...but don't think because of this is only a thin fabric ...it's enough well protected, and is quite stable!

The only things I noticed is that the sole material at the tip of the shoe is maybe too narrow to last long enough the natural wear, and the pattern seems to me that doesn't have enough floor contact for slippery tracks (excessive big grooves)... as a matter of fact in this first run I passed by wet concrete and certainly the shoes were more slippery than what I'm used to for an average shoe. But well, these are $45 running shoes, and for the price I find much more pros ...I'll use them for my long trainings, and let more rest to others more expensive (and suited) for competition.

UPDATE. Bad news... after just two weeks. Although long runs (13 miles the longest so far) are still very comfortable and adding that doesn't heat up in hot weather, the sole shape is starting to give up!! As I said, my first concern was that the sole might be excessively soft (with possible consequence of premature deformation). My step is very straight forward (I don't have pronation problems), so this shouldn't happen ...take a real look of this on my shoes: in Flickr search "tenis_lab".
I guess pretty soon I may change to 3 stars. For heavy or pronation runners these might not be an appropriate choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars will buy again for long distance running, August 10, 2014
Over 70 miles and they are holding up well. I do not anticipate that they will fall apart. Not heavy. Good traction. Nice fit and comfortable lacing. I would rather run in these than my brooks, asics, and new balance. No need to spend a lot of money when these have the quality and performance that I desire. I am 6'3'' with a large build running long distance and these cushion well.

5.0 out of 5 stars best shoes ever, May 21, 2014
Saucony has consistently produced the most wearable casual shoes on the market. Far better than more well known brands I've found these shoes to be consistently comfortable, easy for lots of walking and outdoor activities and long lasting. I hope they never quit making them (though I fear the worst as so many companies stop making a great product just to be in service to the idea of "newer is better")

5.0 out of 5 stars But running shows work better for me a half size larger, August 4, 2014
I wear size 10.5 in most shoes. But running shows work better for me a half size larger. This is my fifth pair of Sauconys and my second pair of Cohesion 7. I had been using the Guide series for their support which served me well as I worked through some beginning runners issues (I'm now 58). But as my running has improved, I find the Cohesion 7 lighter and less bulkier on my feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saucony makes comfy and affordable shoes, March 23, 2014
I've been wearing Saucony for many years and have always enjoyed their fit along with their quality. I recently bought these to upgrade from my Cohesion 4's to Cohesion 7's. I recommend the Cohesion 7's for anyone with a High arch or wanting a neutral balanced shoe. Happy running!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dependable running shoes, June 3, 2014
I always fine Saucony's Cohesion series a great deal for the price. These are no exception. They fit perfectly and hold up well in all weather running. Great practice shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars sweet, April 28, 2014
almost a healing sensation.very nice will be buying more of these.they feel good all around your feet.i weigh 260+.i am on my feet 8 to 10 hours a day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sneakers, May 22, 2014
Fit exactly as expected. Run with them often and they seem to work out very well. Would recommend these sneakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good successor to Cohesion 6, March 31, 2014
Very comfortable, good support, good cushioning. I've been wearing Saucony shoes for a number of years and appreciate their consistency and incremental improvements.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable no sweat shoes., June 5, 2014
John (3108 Benton Circle, Raleigh, NC) - See all my reviews
My dawgs can breath! In the summer I sweat a lot. These shoes help keep my feet cool and dry while working out.

Saucony Men's Cohesion 7 Running Shoe