Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Saucony Men's Grid Omni Walking Shoe
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 25, 2008
I purchased these shoes because they were highly rated on Consumers Reports. I needed comfortable shoes for walking many hours at work. They felt good for about two weeks. The cushioning just didn't seem to provide comfort over a long period of time. The cushion inserts are very thin, like most other shoes. I had to purchase good over-the-counter (OTC) cushion inserts to provide the cushioning and support I need.

My podiatrist examined the shoes and said they were good, but lacked the correct cushioning and support for me. I also purchased some custom-made inserts, designed for my feet, and I'm still breaking them in gradually.

I don't like the all leather tops and side. They get too hot in the summer heat. I purchased two other pairs of shoes (Nike Running Shoes)to rotate through my wearing cycle. The inserts in the Nike's aren't any better, so I just move my OTC or custom inserts to whichever shoes I plan to where that day and everything seems to work out great! Lasting comfort seems to come from a good quality cushion insert that does not come with the shoe.

My recommendation for anyone needing a good pair of walking shoes, is to purchase a good quality shoe then spend more money on cushioning inserts OTC or custom made for your feet.
on April 9, 2012
I won't repeat what's been said here already. But for those just now finding that you need a good support shoe while on your feet: Know that you have to have a good supportive orthotic before you can feel the full benefit of such a shoe. I once found a completely hard insert that was the most comfortable and cost me $65 some three years ago. I can't find it anymore. The next best insert I've found comes from SUPERfeet. I use their "green" version for the best support. DO NOT USE gel inserts or foam. They do NOT support. I've wasted lots of money in trying every kind, so save from my experiments and stay away from these types of orthotics (they're not truly orthotics). Once you find a good walking shoe (read lots customer reviews), there will be small things you can critique among the shoes you buy. Once there are enough reviews to truly establish good or bad, we should concentrate on these smaller things that set one shoe apart from another shoe. Like how fast till the back of the shoe's material wears out? Or does cupping around and up the back of the foot make for a more comfortable fit? Are there any seams inside that irritate the foot? Looking forward to telling you the specifics about this shoe which I'm wearing for the first time today. Look back here in a couple months for my review.

*June 11, 2012*

I can now safely report that these are better quality than my former two Pear iZumi purchases. The shoe laces stay tied, and there are no internal rub points inside the shoe to make all day wear uncomfortable. On the contrary, I reach for these over my Pearl iZumi because of not only the comfort but because these look so much more professional when at work (all day on my feet). And so far, none of the outer components have become unglued as has happened in the other brand. The sole is not prematurely wearing but holding up very well indeed. I'll likely order another pair of these in the future due to my high satisfaction for the *Saucony Grid Omni Walking Shoe*.
on August 2, 2008
If you are on your feet a lot and also do a lot of walking this is a good shoe for that. I have to walk all day at work on hard tile floors and I need a good shoe that absorbs that shock when your foot hits the hard tile all day. The heal area of the shoe cushions that shock with its good design. Consumers reports magazine also rated this shoe very good. I would have rated it higher but I think the price is a little high for $89.00 .
on May 29, 2011
I've been experimenting with many different shoes since developing acute plantar fasciitis about a year ago. These shoes compare very favorably with all the shoes that I've bought since my injury. They are very comfortable and provide excellent motion control and arch support. They have the feel of my favorite running shoes, New Balance 1063, yet they are made of black leather and, therefore, could pass for casual office shoes. They are also considerably lighter than the leather shoes that I usually wear for work. For the price that I bought them, they are an excellent value. I walked all day at Legoland in these shoes yesterday, and my feet were neither tired nor sore. A winner!
on October 16, 2012
They are good as walking shoes go, I like the width and length is true. The only drawback is they squeak very badly when walking.
on April 28, 2014
Since I never go "cheap" on my feet I don't mind spending $$ on a pricey pair of walking shoes expecting quality to match price., when i received these shoes my immediate concern was the the rubber on the heel felt "soft" . not surprising less than 3 months into use the heel has developed considerable unevenness. so much so that no longer can use the due to the strain this slant is causing on my hip. I had a pair of Brooks walkers that lasted over 9 months before getting this same type of degradation . A waste of money
on May 9, 2013
I was a lifelong Saucony wearer (20+ years) until today. This is my third pair of Saucony shoes, and each of the last three pairs, after about one week, squeak -- maybe squeal is a better word because they squeak loudly. I contacted Saucony customer service as this is clearly a manufacturing defect. After a frustrating experience on their website and with their phone line, I wrote them an email. Here is their lame response:"...if you are having the same issue with the same style of our brand, you are not wearing the correct category." Apparently Saucony makes squeaky shoes and I have the wrong kind of feet. If this strikes you as a completely retarded response or you believe that you should be able to order shoes that do not sound like you live underwater, Saucony is not the shoe for you.

Please note, my issue is not with the seller of this item, it is with the manufacturer.
99 comments|24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 14, 2012
I had great experiences with another shoe made by Saucony, the Saucony Jazz. It still remains the most comfortable shoes I have ever had. I took a chance on this different line of shoe, but unfortunately the size is not good for my feet. Although I ordered the same size as I had with the Jazz shoes, and they fit me perfectly, this shoe seems to run a little small and narrow at the toes. I can tell they are pretty comfortable in terms of cushioning and support, but they hurt my feet and cramped my toes, even after trying to break them in for two weeks. Basically, I will be unable to wear these on account of the bad sizing, so it turned out to be a waste of money.
on June 18, 2013
I've got PF in both feet, and have tried a few different shoes. I used to be a runner, and always wore Saucony shoes for their support. So when I found these it was an easy buy. Love the shoes, they are super comfortable and very supportive. Will absolutely buy them again.

I'm also VERY happy with Amazon.com in relation to these. The first pair I bought, I sized as I normally would my running shoes, one half size too big. By the time I realized they were too big and didn't really fit right, I was 4 days over my return period with Amazon. One phone call later and they approved the return and I got the new ones three days later. Love Amazon Prime!

** Update 9/20 - I've worn these shoes almost every day for a while now, and I've found that they have started to squeak. It's not too bad, but it's enough for me notice. I've tried to wash them to see if that would stop it, and it did for a while. However the noise came back. Because of this, I'm dropping my rating to 4 stars. They are still just as comfortable as always, just a little noisy.
66 comments|2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2015
One night at work my right heel started to feel numb with a little bit of pain. My job requires a lot of walking and climbing of stairs. I thought that I had probably pushed the pair of tennis shoes I had bought from one of the big name stores for less than $30 too far. And so I started looking for a sturdy pair of walking shoes and came across these. At 8 and a half, wide, about half the shoes I try on don't fit well. But these fit perfectly out of the box. The thick heels have stopped the problem I had that first night. I can't say the front of the shoes are anything special, but the problem wasn't with the front of my foot. The shoes were about $90. $85 with 5 dollars in tax with free shipping. I was given a 6 to 10 day window for delivery, but the shoes were delivered the next day. The fulfillment center is only a half an hour from my home, but still I was impressed with the quick delivery. The shoes come in white and black. I chose white. I wouldn't mind seeing them add a blue. Recommended, particularly for people with arch problems.

September 20, 2015 - I bought a second pair of these shoes this week. So they lasted about seven months. I could still wear the first pair but about once a night my big toe on the right shoe presses down to the floor so the sole is worn down a bit. I am not displeased as I do A LOT of walking at work. And sometimes I would wear them outside of work. I received an employee discount so the $90 price tag was marked down to $52.47. I again thought about buying them in black but went with the white again. I reaffirm my four star rating.

January 1, 2016 - I didn't care as much for the second pair of these I bought. They barely lasted three months before I felt my toe pressing all the way down to the floor. Maybe I just got a bad pair. Still, I say they are excellent shoes and renew my four star rating. I upgraded and in late December just purchased a pair of white Progrid Echelon Le 2(s). I got an employee discount of 60% off these approximately $120 shoes and will review them elsewhere among my Amazon reviews in the near future.