4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good
Published 18 months ago by graham torr

3.0 out of 5 stars nice but they run narrow
These seem like a quality product but we'll never know for sure as I had to return them because even the wide size was too narrow for my husband's foot. If you have a wide foot, take a look at New balance... they're good and they're wide. These shoes are too narrow for a wide foot.
Published 6 months ago by Dresden A., Renaud

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, January 6, 2013
I have been plagued by continuous shin splint injuries for over a year and have tried both off-the-shelf and custom orthotic inserts as well as several different types of running shoes...all without much luck. Ultimately I suffered a stress fracture and took 8 weeks off as required but when I returned to running, I immediately felt the same old pains agains and could barely mange a mile or two. So out of desperation, I started cruising the web to see what was out there for 2013 (in terms of new shoes) that may help and came across the Guide 6 and thought I'd give 'em a shot.
The shoes look great, felt comfortable right out of the box and after logging about 35 miles so far this past week, I'm happy to say that I feel a definite improvement to the point I can't even feel pain when I run now....although admittedly, the next day is still a little tender. Either way, there's a dramatic improvement on where I was before. So although it's still early days in my Guide 6's....so far so GOOD!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love these shoes, August 6, 2013
I was in the military, so I was required to run often. I was running in Nikes until I developed issues with my feet while running. I went to one of those athletic fitting places, and was tested on a treadmill and other things and was given the Guide 4's. Best running shoe ever! I ran in them way longer than recommended. I even took them to Afghanistan. They held up nicely. The sole holds up very well and did not seem to wear away. The only thing that wore on them after a while was the upper mesh (probably because of my toenails tho to be fair) but I moved to the Guide 6's and they are AWESOME! Just make sure you order the correct width. I had to send the nice looking blue and green ones back to get the ugly blue, orange, and white ones. But these are seriously great shoes. I have a somewhat neutral stride, and they hold up well.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent light stability shoe, November 12, 2013
This review is from: Saucony Men's Guide 6 Running Shoe (Apparel)
i am 5'10" 180lbs. heel-striking moderate-severe overpronator who runs 30-35mi/wk. ran previously in asics kayano 15 and 18, until switching to the guide 5. trained for and ran two marathons in one pair of guide 6s, including a 3:48 PR, which i consider excellent durability given my habits and foot strike. this is a fantastic update to the guide 5: retains its lightness, cushioning is a little softer and the laces are flatter, wider and shorter. it's forefoot is slightly more flexible than the 5. though this is marketed as a light stability shoe for mild overpronators, i find that these are stable enough for my 18-22 mile long runs. this is probably the least shoe i can wear for a marathon. i credit the guide 6s for allowing me to increase mileage to 40-45mi/wk the month before a marathon and stay injury free. minor complaint: not a fan of the color choices, but that's entirely subjective. hope the guide 7s live up to their predecessor!

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend you use the shoe selector on manufacturer's website, August 27, 2013
After using the shoe selector on the manufacturer's website, it recommended this shoe. I would have to say it is the most comfortable running shoe I have had as an adult. It helps when you get a shoe designed for your foot. I have had several shoes from this manufacturer and they wear well.

3.0 out of 5 stars nice but they run narrow, January 8, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Sneaks!, August 18, 2013
G. D. Fuller (Mechanicsburg, PA USA) - See all my reviews
Nice pricing on these sweet Saucony sneakers! They are very comfy & I wear them all the time. Definitely recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, August 9, 2013
These shoes are good for my long distant runs of 6 miles or more, my feet feel really relaxed and comfterble while running in these shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good overall running shoe, July 7, 2013
This review is from: Saucony Men's Guide 6 Running Shoe (Apparel)
This was my second pair of Saucony's, first was Triumph 9 which were not the best fit for how I run (they were too neutral). I got fit at a premier running store, and the recommended the Saucony Guide 6. I've put almost 300 miles on this pair, and I just love them. Good cushioning, they stand up to long runs well, they've gotten soaked a couple of times and have dried out just perfectly. I'm on Amazon now ordering another pair, they are that good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Deep and wide, April 19, 2014
A little too much cushioning for my liking, and too wide in the toe box. Just had a "cheaper" feel than my Asics.

1.0 out of 5 stars Toe Box Not Roomy Enough, April 12, 2014
I really wanted to love this shoe. My son has 2 pair and while he is not a fan of the colors (he is 13), he says they are comfortable. He is the type that wears his shoes larger and he never ties them. Just slips them on and off like loafers. Me? I am old school and like my shoes to fit just right! The main reason for the purchase was to wear to the gym for cardio and strength training. After wearing once all day....ankle, knee, and leg pain ensued. Oh well. I am a BIG and TALL man so if you are like me, don't buy this shoe.
Pros: Nice Color, Good Name Brand, Many Other Positive Reviews
Cons: Fit is a bit small, toe box is a bit cramped, after 1 day of use there was notable pain in right ankle, knee, and leg.
I would return them but....I wore them once and I don't believe in returning a used product. So off to the local mission they go.
NOTE: I subsequently purchased the Mizuno Wave Creation 15 and have had ZERO pain after 4 visits to the gym this week.

Saucony Men's Guide 6 Running Shoe