5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and comfortable
The Saucony Guide continues to be a favorite for both my wife and me. Every 500 miles or so, when it's time for a new shoe, we try on several pairs of different brands, but for us, nothing compares in comfort to the Saucony Guide.

Published 13 months ago by John A. Bird

3.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, BUT did not get the life out of them I expected.
These were a great upgrade from a lower tier of Saucony shoes for me, and once fitted with ortho inserts my feet were not hurting anymore. I walk/run 6-10 miles a day, so having a good comfortable shoe was important. I can't give these a 4 star rating because they just did not last long enough.

The only downside to these is I wore them out in < 7 weeks,...
Published 5 months ago by TrUzApalOOza

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and comfortable, November 8, 2013
This review is from: Saucony Men's Guide 7 Running Shoe (Shoes)

The upper part of the shoe is mostly mesh, allowing the shoe to breathe and your feet to stay cool and happy. The tongue and back of the shoe are as soft as thick socks; I've never had a blister in my guides. The padding and support are just right for a runner with mild over-pronation (my wife and I are both neutral). And the shoe strings are perfect--they stay tied without being double knotted.

These shoes are flexible and light, yet hold up very well. My wife routinely puts 700 or more miles on hers.

Neutral runners may want to try the Saucony Ride, as the Guide is considered a "stability" shoe, but the Guide 5, 6, and now 7's have been perfect for us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great update to a great shoe, February 3, 2014
This review is from: Saucony Men's Guide 7 Running Shoe (Shoes)
Fairly new to running, I put a pair of the Guide 6s through its paces while training for a marathon. They worked out pretty good, made it through the marathon with no foot pain/issues. But the main gripes I had were the narrow toe box, and I wished my size(10.5) had just a little more toe room. I did try switching to an 11 but it was too big. Breaking them in helped just enough to not cause me any problems but the shoes never felt right. Those things have been taken care of with the Guide 7s. The 10.5 size fits great and my toes have enough room to breathe. They definitely widened the toe box and the size feels a little more accurate. Love these shoes!

edit: Something else I should add that I feel is an important improvement, the forefront of the shoe has a lot more flexion over the previous model. In other words it's not as stiff and encourages a more natural movement of the foot while running.

4.0 out of 5 stars 3rd pair of Saucony, August 13, 2014
trailhiker (Warrenville, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This is the third pair of Saucony shoes I have owned. I wore out the first pair after over 2 years of use for daily 2+ mile walks. The second pair was a cheaper model and not as well cushioned making them unsuitable for walking distances on pavement - I'm using those shoes for mowing.

This pair is rather expensive and brighter in color than I like, but it is very comfortable so far; well padded with good support. Another reviewer mentioned that it works well for flat feet and that has been true for me, too. We'll see how durable it is over the next several months.

5.0 out of 5 stars First week with it, no issues., April 12, 2014
I had the guide 5 and they were long past due (800 miles - 900 miles) I decided to upgrade to the newest version and I'm glad I did. After a week of running with them I feel great. Definitely would recommend them, provided you need the stability and stride correction that these kind of shoes provide.

5.0 out of 5 stars A running shoe that fits great! I'm between a regular and wide shoe, September 5, 2014
Finally!!! A running shoe that fits great! I'm between a regular and wide shoe. This regular width fits great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sizing runs small, January 14, 2014
Theses shoes run a full size smaller than asics and are on the narrow side. Other than that nice shoes with good stability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Shoes!, March 20, 2014
I had the Guide 6's from last year and loved those, it took 550 miles to kill those shoes off, so time for new ones and these did not disappoint. Very light, comfortable and the fit is fantastic, I was starting to get shin splints in the old ones and any signs of that were gone after a couple of runs in these. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels good so far, April 3, 2014
I've been running in several pairs of Guide 5's for the last 2 years and have been very happy with the fit. I stepped up to these because the older model is no longer available. The fit and feel are about the same and so far no new aches in my knees. I hope to get as many miles out of these as the older model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, love the fit!, July 8, 2014
Ordered online since we do not have wide size and 12.5 inch here locally. Loved the fit and the shoe, I own several shoes from different brands and the fit of this shoe is right smack on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saucany Guide 7 Running Shoe, January 21, 2014
Michael E. Todaro (South Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
The best running I have owned to date and I have Nike, Mitsubishi and Pearl Izumi running shoes. These appear to be lighter, but still give good support. They are also extremely comfortable on my relatively flat feet.
Mike