All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Shop Now Tikes Industrial-Sized Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015

on January 15, 2013
I was a little late updating my running shoe. I had the Omni 7 and they were too worn. I had ramped up my exercise too much too soon lately and developed what feels like plantar fasciitis on my left foot. As soon as I put these on the discomfort was noticeably less. I am still treating the foot gingerly for now, but I even ran a bit on it to see where I was at with the pain. Felt great, but I don't want to push it. For now, I am mostly exercising with eliptical trainer, but I hope to be running 3-5 miles again soon. Zero pain and shoe feels great.

I was originally turned on to the shoe at a shoe store where they analyzed my shoe wear pattern and watched me run on a treadmill. I am an over-pronator who has had a lot of difficulty running in the past. Years ago, I developed a stress fracture with regular shoes and had to lay off running for a long time. (My family has terrible foot problems.) The Omnis helped me get back to running. They are much lighter than the Omni 7 and feel great. Definitely recommend. Just don't wait to long to get new shoes!

Edit: Foot rehabbed in month on boring eliptical trainer and back to normal. I've been running 5 miles at a time with no problems for the past month. Great shoe.
on August 23, 2012
This is my first running shoe so take my review with a grain of salt.

I started running about 2 months ago and I always wore a pretty old, simple sports shoe. I started feeling mild pain in my knees and ankles after my workouts but I thought it was just a natural side-effect of running and that it was going to go away later. After reading how important a real running shoe is, I bought a pair of Omni 11's yesterday. I wore them for the first time today and I felt no pain at all while running. They are extremely comfortable and give my weak overpronating feet amazing support. I don't know if this is only because I have never worn a proper running shoe or because this is truly an excellent product but I suspect the latter. Definitely recommend it.

My only gripe is that I have the White/Blue/Citron model and that combination of colors looks a bit silly. Buy the red ones if you can.
on November 16, 2013
I am a size 11.5 narrow in men's. I have a thin low volume foot with a medium arch. Size 12 D was a roomy, comfortable fit (blue and green version). This is without a doubt, the tallest, softest, most luxuriously comfortable shoe I have ever walked around in. Never had a shoe with this much forefoot cushioning. It is literally like walking on a cloud. I got spoiled rotten the first day.

As for running, I did not time it but it feels slow. Like running in soft snow. And then the danger side. This shoe is so tall and soft that it takes very little effort on uneven terrain to roll your ankle. My sample invites that type of injury. Once a little bit of tilt has started, something in the shoulder of the shoe seems to collapse and the shoe just rolls right on over. I upgraded to the Omni 12 which is much more resistant to rolling than this shoe. But the Omni 12 lacks that super luxurious ride. It's still a well cushioned shoe but not nearly as soft as the Omni 11. I run on and off road and decided to opt for safety and leave the Omni 11 at home. I guess you can't have it both ways.

I will keep the Omni 11 for walking and for standing on concrete floors . For that it is absolutely outstanding.

Softest ride ever!
Looks good.
Flat shoe laces that will not work loose no matter how long you wear them.
I can stand on concrete in these all day long. My feet love them.

Feels slow when running.
Set's you up for ankle injuries when on uneven terrain.
on June 28, 2013
Last year when I decided to try running for the first time in my life, I was fitted for a pair of these from a local running store. I went from suffering horrific shin splints to being able to run 4-5 miles on the treadmill pain free. I used them in my daily boot camp classes for a year until it was obviously time to replace (lost the cushioning and grip). I decided to buy a new pair on Amazon since it was substantially cheaper than my local shop, and am not remotely disappointed. The only tip I'd offer is that if you have wider than average feet (like I do), you may want to get a wide pair. My running store sold me a standard width fit, which is what I re-ordered here, but they are kind of snug on me.
on May 22, 2013
I have been a Saucony user for over 20 years. I am a 63 year old man who runs five miles three times a week. The shoes are amazing. They have great support. They continue to improve on what's already great. (Plus, they look cool).
on May 25, 2013
The Omni 11s are a great shoe. The only thing of note if you're used to the Omni 10s or 9s, is they seem lighter. Not quite the minimalist shoe experience, but definitely not the heft of the older models.
on July 3, 2013
These shoes are by far the best shoes I have tried for overpronation. I run about 3 miles per day and these have decreased the pain in my knees and the shin splints are gone all together.
on November 29, 2013
I'm 6'2", 220lb. I have flat feet, overpronate, and have knee soreness when I'm being active. These shoes control the heck out of my feet. It almost feels strange to be walking/running on the lateral aspects of my feet (like you're supposed to). With every other shoe I've worn in my life, I've always pushed off with the big toe. With these, my push off is a bit more distributed across my 5 toes. The knee pain is less, and this absorbs shock like a champ. And the factory insoles are nice (for factory insoles).
Well I upgraded the insoles just for a boost, but I really didn't NEED to. If you need/want some extra support, I suggest Spenco.
The downside (which really isn't that 'down' really) is that with all the support, you're feet may get lazy. So I try to do home workouts barefoot and I do yoga a few times a week.
The fit: snug around the midfoot and arch, but nice and roomy around the toes. I needed that because I don't have really wide feet, but my toes are a little wide. Great supportive shoe, dude!!
on February 25, 2014
Look at the outsole and you'll see how Saucony lightened this venerable model: they shrank the dense, durable rubber plates down so that much of the outsole is exposed EVA foam. That means thorns and sharp pebbles will readily poke into the soles, so don't take these shoes far off the paved paths.

This shoe also lacks the Saucony fit--wide forefoot, snug heel--that I enjoyed in previous iterations of the Omni shoe. Instead, the forefoot and toebox of my "wide size" shoes are so narrow that my feet push out over the lateral edges of the midsoles. Even worse, Saucony widened the heel cups so much that my heels wobble in them unless I really cinch the laces down.

I've had a better experience with Brooks Adrenaline shoes, so I'm switching back to those for my next pair.
on April 8, 2013
I purchased some high-end Brooks Adrenaline shoes and quickly realized they were not the right fit as they actually made parts of my feet feel bruised. Therefore, I would recommend checking with a professional runner or a place that can do a visual gate analysis as this is what will define what's best for you from a performance and comfort standpoint. The critical reviews of these shoes are pretty ridiculous because they could very easily choose Saucony's other products to fit their personal preference. For me, the Omni 11 was the best comfort for my foot-type and really has made my competitive runs more smooth and less about my feet and more about the muscles I'm working. Good luck to everyone on their running shoe search.

See 1 answered question