5.0 out of 5 stars Great running shoe!
Published on November 16, 2012 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars bad shoe
I've been using Saucony Rides for years and years, at least a decade? This shoe is the worst shoe I have ever run in. As soon as I opened the box I was shocked. They seemed incredibly cheap. They wore horrible. They were sold by Amazon so I can't imagine they were fakes but they sure seemed like it. I won't buy a 5 again and may never by a > 5. I'm back to the...
Published 9 months ago by ashoplab

4.0 out of 5 stars 4th Pair I have purchased, May 14, 2013
Running shoes are obviously a personal purchase because everyone has different running styles and foot types but these shoes have worked out well for me. I would say I have average feet (don't over or under pronate much) and I can tell when I need to get new shoes because my knees will start to get a little sore. I run 40-50 miles a week including at least one long run of 9-11 miles. I also think they are a good value for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great running shoe!, November 16, 2012
I ran my first marathon in a pair of these and now I'm on my second pair. I've drifted around trying all sorts of running shoes and these are my favorites so far. The Ride 5 weighs less than the Ride 4 (mostly taken off of the heal) which is awesome (because I have a mid-foot strike so the heel padding would be no benefit to me anyways)! As I run I've noticed they are lighter. The laces are great and I've never had a problem with them coming undone even with sloppy knot tying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoe, October 22, 2012
Switched to these Saucony shoes from my Addidas that had a much higher heel-to-toe differential. I went from 12mm to 8mm. It actually helped my plantar condition in the left foot. I will be purchasing another pair before this year's style is dicontinued! (They seem to change them every year as soon as I find one I like)
As far as colour - I have 2 pairs of the blue/black/orange but there are other colours if you prefer. Although, the darker colour doesn't show the dirt as much. I found that I needed the new pair after about 3 months of running 15-25 miles per week because the cushioning was breaking down and I had worn a significant amount of tread off them.

4.0 out of 5 stars CREATES PRESSURE IN ARCH, December 11, 2013
THIS SHOE IS VERY MUCH LIKE THE GUIDE SERIES, BUT IT CREATES MORE PRESSURE IN THE ARCH AREA. IT WEARS WELL, AND IS MACHINE WASHABLE WITH AIR DRYING.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe for the avg runner., October 23, 2013
james (Jackson, wi, US) - See all my reviews
Im a big fan of Saucony running shoes in general but was concerned about this shoe due to its cheap price. So far it is holding up well and feel really good with the lower heal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ride 5, August 23, 2013
Saucony's shoes always come through in quilty and style. I have been running in Saucony's Ride for the last five years and won't buy anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, November 15, 2012
My second pair of these shoes and they are great. Surprisingly light yet they still provide good cushioning for a 185lb frame. I'm told that they are good for 400 miles but I have my doubts as the tread shows wear after only a 100 or so.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very comfortable, light shoe with good cushioning, April 28, 2014
This review is from: Saucony Men's Progrid Ride 5 Running Shoe (Apparel)
Shoe companies can of course never just leave a good shoe alone, so something you like in one version can be completely no good in another. This has happened to me repeatedly. I came across the Ride 5 after disappointment (and pain) with a bad upgrade of the Triumph (which I previously loved and bought repeatedly). I now go online and buy cheap old versions of shoes in stupid colors that should have never been made in the first place, but that I know I love (the best ones were these hideous sort-of-gold colored Triumphs in which I pretended I was Michael Johnson every time I wore them). Don't really care what my feet look like. I'm now purchasing my third pair of Ride 5s in a particularly hideous color combination that no man would willingly be seen in. You can get like two pair for the price of one if you don't care about the color. Given the number of pairs of shoes I go through, the savings really add up. I run weekly mileage of 30-50 miles, with long runs up to 21 miles pre-marathon race, and I have found the Ride 5 light, well cushioned and very comfortable. I'm now buying my third pair. Not yet ready (or forced) to take the risk of trying a new model, so for now I can still highly recommend the Ride 5 since it's still available. Biggest downside to Saucony shoes, especially these, is that the tread doesn't wear well at all, especially in the heels. This is my reason for 4 stars. It's probably intentional on their part to keep us buying more shoes, but I still run my shoes well past their best-buy date because my wife screams about all the shoes I buy. Happy trails.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sneakers!, December 28, 2013
My third pair in 12 months, and I couldn't be happier. I walk quite a few miles on the treadmill with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Start, December 1, 2013
A smaller heel-to-toe drop, but feels good out of the box. Nice cushioning. Feels a touch loose on the upper

Saucony Men's Progrid Ride 5 Running Shoe