4.0 out of 5 stars Still on the fence as whether its an upgrade to the A5
I loved the A5 - minimalist, light, good toebox feel, could feel the road.
The A6 are narrower, lighter, and they have some "squish". At first I was going with a big "NO, I'm returning these and changing brands". But I decided to run a little in them and see if I could break them in.

They still feel narrow, but as much as I first thought...
Published 2 months ago by On The Road

3.0 out of 5 stars shin splints
good short distance shoe, but horrible for distance runs, ever time I run 2 miles I get bad shin splint
Published 4 months ago by Devon Sanford

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Still on the fence as whether its an upgrade to the A5, September 26, 2014
I loved the A5 - minimalist, light, good toebox feel, could feel the road.

They still feel narrow, but as much as I first thought. If the toebox was the same as the A5 I would have given 5 stars. Now there's a difference between the A5 and A6 that might account for this - the A6 runs about half a size smaller than the A5, but then the A5 where not true to size. Maybe the A5's had a bigger toebox as a result, not sure.

I do run fast in these, and I've got used to the extra cushion. As others have said, that it comes with a gain in lightness is impressive.

I used the A5's in 5ks to 13mile races, and on the treadmill (Use Kinvara's for road trainers). The A6's additional cushion allows me to push that 13 miles, maybe all the way to a marathon, and will certainly do fine for 10k, where as the A5's might have been a stretch. But I'm going to be looking for a good 5k shoe again, one that is without the extra squish.

5.0 out of 5 stars 8th grade son running track in these shoes, April 23, 2014
My son is wearing these for track this year, as a sprinter and a pole-vaulter. They are very light, and very bright. I can pick him out of the crowd! Size runs true, very comfortable. Not weather or water resistant, The sole has open spots where you can see right through, but they are super light and surprisingly supportive. He spent his first day at school taking them off and having his friends feel how light they are. They work for him for both distance days and sprints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Continue to be a good running shoe., May 21, 2014
Marvelous! A6 is as good as A5 and if not better. It fit well and is comfortable to wear. Will continue with Grid Tpye A series for my runs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saucony does it again., October 19, 2014
Dennis (Brooklyn, NY) - See all my reviews
I've been using Saucony's Type A since the A4. Somehow, Saucony manages to improve on this sneaker in each generation and this one is not an exception. Th A6 shoe is lighter, provides significantly better cushioning and support, and has better air circulation than any sneaker I've ever worn. They are a wee bit small, but they've always stretched out after 2 or 3 runs. And! Washing the A6 doesn't affect their shape.

My one quibble is the color of the sneakers. I like bright colors - people comment on my clothing all the time - but these shoes are too much even for me. I think there's a difference between being colorful and being eye searing.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very light racing flat shoes great for race day!, August 30, 2014
I just raced on this pair for half marathon without even the need to break in and managed to achieve my PB! Only negative point I have is the toe box size on the right shoe was abit narrower compared to my Saucony Virratas. I can feel my big toe touching the front toe box after mid point. Probably I need to laced it tighter next time to prevent my toe from slipping forward. Fortunately no black toe nails after the HM race. Great shoes!

5.0 out of 5 stars From A5 to A6, November 18, 2014
My A5 was worn out so I got the A6. Good choice. A great shoe for road and easy trail. I've never had any transition problems and now it's just my mate on the run. It's light weight , 4mm drop and enough sole between foot and road to keep you safe, still with contact of ground and light weight.
It's good for whatever length. It's about how you run. This shoe: Mid foot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite running shoes, May 9, 2014
Great lightweight shoes that actually work for long distance as well. Used them in an IRONMAN... My feet felt great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and fast, April 21, 2014
Aaron Levy (highland park, il, US) - See all my reviews
Really light and fast shoe. It feels great for a long run or just a short quick run as well

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tennis I've ever had!, March 30, 2014
I bought these shoes because I wanted to try something light. They are very light indeed and more! It fits so good that there's no empty espace, like wearing socks. You can feel cushioning just under the mid foot and it's very interesting while running, trying to be as technical as possible. They are beautiful also!
Something that must be said is about size. When I was looking for it I read an issue that said these shoes were a little bit larger than the previous one(type 5). So I tried a size under. My Mirage 3 was 9, and I took 8,5 of Type 6. Bingo! They fit perfectly.
I ran 2 times with them and I think they will be good companion for a long time.
Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars even better than Type A5, March 19, 2014
The additional cushion is better than longer runs. The toe-off is more responsive. Larger drainage ports are better during wet and rainy run workouts.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›