5.0 out of 5 stars comfort, style, and vegan
Published on September 21, 2010 by Jennifer Davenport

2.0 out of 5 stars I love these shoes
I love these shoes so much, it's a shame that after only a few wearings, my toe had started to make a hole in the top of the shoe. By the time I had worn it a handful of times, my big toe was peeking through the top of the shoe. It makes me so, so sad.
Published on July 11, 2011 by S. Desharnais

5.0 out of 5 stars comfort, style, and vegan, September 21, 2010
I bought these for work as a nurse after trying other shoes that were awful for 12 hours on your feet. I've always thought saucony's were comfortable (these are too) but I just had leather ones before becoming vegan. I was so excited to find they have a whole line of vegan shoes. And to make things even better, they coordinate well with my required blue scrubs. Everyone is always asking me about my shoes, so I get to tell them they are my vegan shoes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit & style! Details, details..., February 16, 2012
I bought these because I was looking for a workout shoe that I could wear with black pants, that wouldn't make my feet look like they were in a sci-fi movie. (Although, I do love to watch the TV show Eureka!) I was happy that they were vegan, as well.

I went to four different B&M stores, tried on dozens of pairs of shoes and was beginning to think that my feet had suddenly grown in some weird fashion (no pun intended), as NONE of them fit properly. I tried on various sizes, from various brands, in various styles and nothing was right. It was soooo frustrating!

I ordered these in what I previously thought to be "my size" (women's 10), based on others' reviews and whew, was I happy when they arrived and fit PERFECTLY!

I wore them around the house for a bit to make sure, then to work for a full day of light duty stuff, yesterday to the gym for some precor and rowing machine work, and then, today, to the gym for a lo-impact workout. So far, so good! They are SOOOO comfortable AND - BONUS: they make my feet look smaller! This was confirmed by my mom, when she exclaimed this upon seeing them for the first time.

Fit points (in all shoes) that matter to me:
- toe room: these have a good amount of it, so toes can wiggle, but not so much that the foot is unstable or the toe box looks huge.
- stitching in toe area: At first, I thought the bar of stitching that runs across the top of my foot, at the base of my toes, would irritate me, but I only noticed it the first hour or so and haven't noticed it since.
- the area around the Achilles tendon: again, just the right amount of room (shoes usually bend forward too much for me, not these)
- arch: i dunno if i have flat feet or not, but I do love a nice hefty arch. These have a good one, with a smooth transition from the rest of the surface.
- sole width: some shoes seem narrower in the sole, even though the shoe might fit, thus causing my foot to look like it's floating or hanging over the edge - ick! These are just right in sole width.

PROS:
- sized right (for me, anyway!)
- comfy!
- nice style (simple, but not boring; old-skool, but not out of style)
- vegan! Saucony's site claims: "This Vegan friendly Saucony shoe contains no animal products, by-products or derivatives. Canvas and hemp create the classic design."
- TWO pairs of shoestrings (mine came wearing a black pair, and with an oatmeal pair in the box) - this helps to match your style & I find I get more use from an old pair of kicks, when I spruce them up with some new laces!
- women's sizes 5-12, with half-sizes from 5.5 to 9.5
- the insole is removable!
- so many great colors!!!

CONS:
- the frayed cotton look on the oatmeal parts does make it look a little scraggly. (as mentioned by another reviewer) but it's not totally noticeable and, some may even think it gives the shoe a bit of "granola" charm. Mine seem a bit more frayed than the pic shows. I'm on the fence and could take it or leave it. We'll see in the coming months, if it deteriorates faster than expected.

NOTE:
there is a good bit of chunky traction on this shoe. This will certainly help on the trail, but causes a noticeable amount of grip on smooth floors. I find it tolerable (even a bit soothing, as pressure on the various tread triangles gives my foot a bit of a "massage" while I move around), and the added grippiness is a minor concern for me, compared to my other preferences, but if this is an area of major concern for you, you might be bothered by it. This might decrease, as the tread wears a bit. If I notice, I'll update.

CONCLUSION:
Active vegans have another reason to rejoice! And, so do active non-vegans, or non-active vegans! These shoes are super-cute, cool, comfy, and caring to animals, and indirectly, the planet! They fit great (true-to-size) and can be worn confidently! With so many great colors and the guarantee of a good fit and function, I will be back to buy more! Thanks, Amazon!

I rely on reviews to help me make informed buying decisions. I hope this review helped you in the same manner! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Read before choosing color!! Much, much better than I expected, August 18, 2012
This review is from: Saucony Originals Women's Jazz Low Pro Vegan Sneaker (Apparel)
It is difficult to find a good, vegan walking shoe so I jumped on these when I saw them. I didn't have high hopes. I am very rough on shoes (brisk two mile walk with the dogs every day) and normally need a lot of padding and support (torn meniscus). When these arrived I didn't expect there to be enough of either. Wrong. I can't say that I wear them every day but at least 4 times a week for walks and a few other times each week for general running around. After ten months, these look like new and are still very comfortable. My original pair is gray with orange (very cute) and I just ordered the navy.
Update: The blue and white shoes are nothing like my original pair!! If you look closely at the pictures you will see the difference. Instead of shoe laces, they have sewn in elastic. And rather than sturdy construction, they are flimsy with no reinforced padding at the heel. They would not be at all comfortable. It appears that the beige/brown choice is the same. These should not be sold along side the others. Wish I could do a separate one star review on the blue. These are going back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vegan heaven, October 30, 2010
Pretty much my most comfortable sneaker - fits true to size and look SO cute! And they're VEGAN! for $20! You should buy these shoes :)

5.0 out of 5 stars nice shoe, October 26, 2010
This shoe is very nice. It runs a bit small however. I am hoping that the shoes stretch out a bit after wearing for a while. I am pleased with them because most often anything made of hemp is extremely pricey. The order was fast and came when I was told it would come.

2.0 out of 5 stars I love these shoes, July 11, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Not like normal Saucony, July 17, 2012
These shoes are different than normal low pro vegans. These are slip on and have thinner walls than the other ones and thin, elastic back. Seems like they are meant to be worn without socks? There are not laces, but elastic in the laces. I actually liked the design, kind of as a sneaker style alternative to Tom's shoes. The sizes also run a bit big. I am normally an 8.5 or 9 and the 9 was WAY too big on me.
This shoe is listed as the same as the orange and grey ones (which I also ordered) but they are quite different. The orange and grey ones (which also cost more $) are more like the normal low pro's, but made out of different material. I really like the canvas/ vegan look of the vegan shoes, but this particular style seems a bit flimsy compared to the $54 ones.
Can always buy then return.... which is what I am doing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!!!!, October 13, 2010
Bought a pair for me and a pair for my sister. They look even better on your feet! They are very comfortable and come with olive and java shoe laces. Great buy!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Super comfy but..., October 12, 2011
These shoes are awesome for the most part. They look how I expected, they feel great, are true to size, incredibly comfortable and easy to get on and off. It's just that they're a little TOO easy to get off. I find that if I jog at all in them (I'm no runner, but if I just sprint to get from point A to point B), my heel slips out, so I don't recommend for anything other than casual wear. Otherwise they're great!

5.0 out of 5 stars like to be comfortable, June 15, 2012
I love these shoes.Comfortable and they look good. I would recommend them to a friend. Thinking aboout getting a second pair.